Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: Zion PowerView 20X280X70 SUPER Zoom Military Hunting Binoculars

Zion PowerView 20X280X70 SUPER Zoom Military Hunting Binoculars

Hi once again. Does anyone have any experience with these binoculars or comments about them?

Boolit Bub
    Zoom binoculars are seldom a good idea.

http://www.bigbinoculars.com/nozooms.htm

Single power binos, even cheap ones, on a tripod can work well. But quality control on oddly named Chinese binocs is iffy. Best to look through them first.
    Buyer beware.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blixen01 View Post
    Zoom binoculars are seldom a good idea.

http://www.bigbinoculars.com/nozooms.htm

Single power binos, even cheap ones, on a tripod can work well. But quality control on oddly named Chinese binocs is iffy. Best to look through them first.
    Buyer beware.
    Now that's the truth! A friend has a pair of XYZ brand high and variable power "military style" binocs on a tripod. Of course he always reminds everyone about how high the power is and at the same time adding the caveat of how inexpensive they were. Terrible resolution no matter the power setting and no matter how steady on a tripod.

Probably be better off with one of the big three- Zeiss, Leica or Swarovski. Bite the bullet on cost and get one of them in 8X42+/- or 10X42 +/- then not have to make excuses about poor viewing. I can see with better resolution with one of the big three's 8X42s than with most, or all, of the less expensive, much higher power glass. High quality, high power zoom bincos are extremely expensive!
    Good glass isn't cheap…. and it's not $129.95.

Boolit Grand Master

I use a set of binnoculars for spotiing in BPCR Shillouette matches on a heavy tri pod. Mine are 25X fixed power 100 mm objectives. WIth decent light and conditions you can see bullets trace going down range and see the bullets splatter on the shillouette. See the spray and the small part of base left drop off. They work very well. You do loose some clarity and resolution with variables. Also with variables field of view goes down. Also on hot humid days higher magnifications can become an issue with mirage. I read wind in mine from mirage easily and accuratly. One plus to binnoculars over the spotting scopes is both eyes are working together saving some fatiuge and stress. You definitly want to look thru them and if possible look thru several others at the same time and same "target" to judge them better. I have seen one mount made to hold 2 Kowa 88mm spotting scopes makeing them binoculars. I would have liked to look thru that to see the clarity and resolution there.