WidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pure Lead Worth $1/lb? Access to 1000s lbs.

I would be a buyer, especially if you dont have to melt it down into ingots. Propane isnt free.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Buddy
    I was given part of a sailboat keel, as is the bullets test 12 bhn and shoot very good

Bill

Boolit Master
    If anyone has the money to buy bulk lead especially in known areas of difficulty getting it grab it. You should be able to sell off as needed or trade. i have a small group of muzzle stuffers who will pay me more per pound for my small lyman ignots of soft lead as they do not want to bother smelting scrap or mail order. That season is upon us and I have a few lbs set aside for when they call.

Banned
    Back in 05-24-2015, when this thread was started $1 a pound was too much money to pay. even now I won't pay $1 a pound for pure, there are many sources for pure.
    COWW and Linotype are a different story.

Boolit Master
    I just bought 90# of absolutely clean, pure, sheet lead for $1 per pound at a recycler. The fact that it is clean and ready to alloy for whatever purpose will little dross makes it worth every penney.

Banned

Buy it all! Convert the paper notes into something valuable while you still can.

Boolit Master
    Can be risky ...at one time Nickle was $11/lb,$22K/tonne.......Big risk with stashes of metal is theft....of course in Cali,it could also be legislated as toxic waste.

Hmm... Here in Finland Pb is something like 1850$ / 1000 kg Thats bourse price. If you try to buy from metal wholesale price is very different. Like 2.8€ + tax. for 1000kg and that's minimum amount to sell 1000 kg. So they sell only companys and price is that. Of course you can buy on junk yard if you wan't. But if you need to get exact pure lead and ingots like 45kg/ pcs that's only way to get it. Some bigger junkyard business has sometimes big lead ingots but few of those companys has that hand held analyzer so you can be sure to get pure lead without contaminants

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12