Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: New Old Reloader Find - Pics

Boolit Buddy

New Old Reloader Find - Pics

I picked up this old reloader today. Apparently it's a Texan Loadmaster, Model 101 TII. There are three holes in the side of the turret that looks like it's for a handle or handles. I don't see any threads in the holes though. Anybody have one of these? How is the turret supposed to be rotated besides just grabbing onto it? Cool loader in my opinion.

Attachment 140142

Boolit Master

New Old Reloader Find - Pics

Congratulations on a nice looking Texan. I call this one their first generation turret. Later on they went to using a different base and pull handle which was the same base that they used for their progressive shotgun presses as well as the shovel pull handle.

As far as turret handles; I have never known of the factory offering any. Those side holes in the turret are there to be tapped for whichever machinest handle you chose, or press fit. Otherwise, just grab one or two of the dies to turn the turret head.

Second Generation Turret Press - not mine.

Last edited by LUBEDUDE; 05-22-2015 at 04:29 PM.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks LUBEDUDE! Sitting inside one of the dies (far right side in pic) is an aluminum rod similar to the one sticking out of your turret. It fits perfectly. I originally thought it was part of the die.

The primer stem is for a large primer. Any ideas on how to convert it to small primers? I haven't even figured out yet how the cup is fit into the stem.

PS Nice looking Texan in your pic.

Boolit Master
    These are great presses. I have one of the red ones with the stick handle with a bicycle handle grip instead of the shovel handle. I just turned a piece of scrap down to fit the holes in the turret.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beeser View Post
    Thanks LUBEDUDE! Sitting inside one of the dies (far right side in pic) is an aluminum rod similar to the one sticking out of your turret. It fits perfectly. I originally thought it was part of the die.

The primer stem is for a large primer. Any ideas on how to convert it to small primers? I haven't even figured out yet how the cup is fit into the stem.

PS Nice looking Texan in your pic.
    I'm sorry, I forgot to type in a disclaimer that, that is Not my press! My Texan is like yours except that it does not have an automatic priming system, so I can't help you there. However, I would assume that you would need a small primer post and a small primer slide assembly and tube.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

Boolit Master
    These are Great machine. I have one on my Bench. . A rod works the turret Fine. One problem is Finding Primer tubes.. The big Problem is standard shell holder will not fit. Yes they do snap in fine but The primer Hole on the new one's are too small. the texan Primer post will no let it get to the top to seat the primers.Older snap in work Ok. The hole is Bigger. . texans work ok. I ended up drilling Out the center . to let thr post fit. A machinist I.m not
    . Just info that will help
    Sal
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Grand Master
    Just a quick note to the OP with what may be a "work around." I use my turret presses to "batch load" so I do each step separately for a large number of cases. I find it just as easy (and for me more consistent) to prime the cases by hand, off the press. I just leave the priming assembly (post, arm, etc.) off of the press altogether and eliminate having to switch them around. Just a suggestion.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

I think hand priming is the way to go, I do my final brass inspection just before I prim.

Boolit Buddy
    Yes, hand priming is probably the way to go but after looking at the stem that holds the primer plunger I can't figure out how it was put together. Anyone know how the pin or the part that pushes the primer in place is fastened to the stem or how it's removed?

Boolit Master
    They are usually pressed fit. It's best to find a whole new post.

I can agree with batch loading and hand priming for rifle loading with this turret press, but not at all for pistol - boring,zzzzzzzzz. (Specialized match loads excluded)

Generally speaking you will be loading higher quantities of pistol rounds. By using the turret as intended, as a semi-progressive your load rate can be quite impressive even by feeding primers one at a time. Not only that, the enjoyment factor is much higher!
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

Boolit Buddy
    Why canīt I find anything like this?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick56 View Post
    Why canīt I find anything like this?
    Well, I'll bet you can find a MP-672 PCP Pistol but I can't. This is a cool competition air pistol for you powder burners.

Boolit Master

The other day I was at a friends and on the floor was an old Pacific reloading press attached to a board. The press was frozen up with rust, dirt and grease and I made a comment that another friend back in Colorado used two of those old presses with the lever that you pull up on instead of push down on. My buddy asked, "do you want it"? The press came home with me and after decreasing with a automotive greaser and driving the ram out with a hammer it looked like it might make a good press. A little polishing and some paint and this is what came out.

Ken
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0185.jpg   100_0186.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Very nice, Congratulations!
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

Boolit Buddy
    Well, I'll bet you can find a MP-672 PCP Pistol but I can't. This is a cool competition air pistol for you powder burners.
    Yep, cost a little bit less than $ 1,500,00. Straight from the shelf.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick56 View Post
    Yep, cost a little bit less than $ 1,500,00. Straight from the shelf.
    Rumor has it that they were once around $700, probably before word got out. Regardless, they ain't to be had here in the US. Please let me know if you run across a used one. I might be able to import one of those.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by skeet1 View Post
    The other day I was at a friends and on the floor was an old Pacific reloading press attached to a board. The press was frozen up with rust, dirt and grease and I made a comment that another friend back in Colorado used two of those old presses with the lever that you pull up on instead of push down on. My buddy asked, "do you want it"? The press came home with me and after decreasing with a automotive greaser and driving the ram out with a hammer it looked like it might make a good press. A little polishing and some paint and this is what came out.

Ken
    Great job Ken! You have to like that old iron, now lookin' like new or better.

Boolit Buddy
    Rumor has it that they were once around $700, probably before word got out. Regardless, they ain't to be had here in the US. Please let me know if you run across a used one. I might be able to import one of those.
    I didnīt find any used at the moment. The lowest price I found was 1150,00 euros for a new one including VAT 24%.