Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: Marlin in 35 Remington

Boolit Man

Marlin in 35 Remington

Was able to trade for a Marlin 336 in 35 Remington. My question is what mold size should I be looking at, and if you cast what mold works well for your 35. I will be PC'ing them if that makes a difference.

Thing nice about a 35 Remington is that it can be loaded down with 38/357 pistol bullets or pretty much to max with molds made for it. Its the standard 358 diameter. RCBS and Lyman both make a good gas checked 200 grain mold.

DP

Boolit Grand Master

The only mold you need is the RCBS 35-200-FN or a clone of it. Shooting lighter pistol bullets is fun. But the RCBS design is the one you want.

Boolit Master

I have the Ranch Dog clone, 360-190-Rf, from NOE.

I load these for both, 35Rem Marlin, and 357 mag rifle.

HV
    Life's biggest tragedy is we get old too soon, and wise too late.

Boolit Grand Master

I have the Lee/RD 359-190 but the NOE version is better, he also makes an awesome version of the RCBS 35-200. Marlin 336's w/ MicroGroove barrels like fat boolits, I think you'll find a .359 or .360 will do nicely whether its an RCBS or Ranch Dog design.

Awesome rifle, BTW. I lucked into a nice one a few years back and liked it so much I almost bought a twin to it a few months later. Sometimes I still think I should have snatched it up. In most parts of the country there is no finer CB hunting rifle than a 336 in 35 Rem, IMHO.
    Last edited by TXGunNut; 05-21-2015 at 10:10 PM.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    I had one and it liked the RD 190 and 38 gr.H335 for a top load. The same boolit & 12.5 gr. Unique was great for low recoil. I also used a British .38 revolver boolit by Lee with the 12.5 gr. Unique load. It was a long round nose about 200 gr. plain base. They were almost giving the moulds away....

Boolit Man
    Thanks for the input fellas! Picked it up to use as a paper puncher for now (since ohio doesn't allow 35 Remington for hunting . . . Yet).

Boolit Grand Master

There are two molds I recommend for the 35Remington and 358 Winchseter.
    The first is what has already been mentioned here the RCBS 35-200-FN
    The second is the Lyman 358318.
    I wrote about both of these in this thread:http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...end&highlight=

Another mold that would be worth taking a serious look at is the new 35XCB mold that I designed personally. It should be the most advanced, and versatile 35 caliber rifle bullet in history.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

The Marlin 336 in 35 Rem is a fine cast boolit rifle! Back 20 years ago, I bought both of my sons Marlin 336 35 rem's for deer hunting. I fed them with Lyman 358315 200gr boolits and 11.0gr Unique. Both boys could hold 10 shot groups at 100 yards into an inch. They shot them by the hundreds!

I found that pistol boolits would not feed from the tubular magazine and had to be used single shot.