Load DataReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
RepackboxInline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do any of you using iPads have lock-up problems with the site????

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Just noticed with iOS9.2 that the auto-correct engine was enhanced..................to type even MORE things your never intended to say!!!!! HA....ha!

Just always proof-read all you type B4 posting. With the enhanced the spellchecking and grammar check engines these days, there is no excuse for misspelled words and grammar errors. But I still get them if I do not proof-read, and even miss them at times, especially on the teeny iPhone6 screen.

That s----l-------o------------w typing thing happens ever so often and ONLY on this site. And only on the iPad. I am used to instant visual screen feedback when typing (I do not look at the keyboard and can type 80WPM) and that delay just kills me.

banger

Boolit Master

It used to happen on my iPad for what reason I have no idea then after one of my updates it stopped locking up. I used to have to exit then go back in and auto restore and it would bring me back to where I was. Btw It didn't matter if I was using a Bluetooth keyboard or not it just locked up. I didn't make any changes except keeping up with the updates.
    jeepyj
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

I use an IPad and with this site only, sometimes it will post ads on the entire screen where there is print. Makes it very difficult to see what forum is what and topics are but when you enter a thread, everything is normal.

Boolit Master
    They have an integrated keyboard and weren't designed to be used with a Bluetooth keyboard. Mine work flawlessly but I gave up on the aftermarket keypads. Love my 6 plus too. Hardly touch a pc anymore.
    Lotta people die in bed: Dangerous place to be!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    I use an IPad and with this site only, sometimes it will post ads on the entire screen where there is print. Makes it very difficult to see what forum is what and topics are but when you enter a thread, everything is normal.
    ^^^^^
    This happens to me every couple of days, exactly as he described and only with this site.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Grand Master
    Well, Apple makes a wireless keyboard for the iPad/iPhone and other Apple products. I have one. It used to lock up. iOS9.2 installed now and will see if any different. 8 still did it occasionally.

But the Apple brand keyboard is designed to work......not like some of that 3rd party cheap garbage people seem to want to use. Ya gets what ya pays for!

And I cannot type 80WPM on that stupid on-screen keyboard. I hate those things.

banger

Boolit Grand Master

I am using an iPad Air and have no problems with the site, as yet. I mostly use the on screen keyboard but, also GREATLY prefer my Anker Bluetooth Keyboard.

FWIW
    Dale53

I have no problems with iPad. I never used my cheap, trashy Bluetooth keyboard with CB. I'm going to give it a try just to see if it malfunctions. BTW, I dislike the TapaTalk app.

I have this issue with another site catered to my State all the time on two different iPads.
    Never on this site

Boolit Master
    Threaten it, switch to Firefox! Sent from an LG Gpad with Zagg Autokeys.
    In all, the .41 Magnum would be one of my top choices for an all-around handgun if I were allowed to have only one. - Bart Skelton

Boolit Master
    I have exactly the same issue on both my iPad and my iPhone. On the phone it makes the site practically unreadable, and a cold reboot doesn't usually fix it.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Buddy

I use opera mini with no problems with my iPad.

CplLou

Boolit Master

California - in the land of taxes and no representation.
    My only issue is I always have to end rusher name and password (iPad safari).

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by scarry scarney View Post
    My only issue is I always have to end rusher name and password (iPad safari).
    I have never had to do that! You should be able to turn off the password stuff in your Safari settings in General.

That would be a PITA.

banger

These lock-ups are not timeouts
    Maybe I misstated what i meant. OS has to keep track of BT, wifii, screen, etc. sometimes it gets mixed up in the process que and locks up. IIRC, ALL other browsers actually are wrappers around Safari, not a real stand alone browser. Chrome also has some spyware they are supposed to remove. Last eve I got a 'server not available - 505?' splash but the site worked fine. Using an old Ipadair, never cold boot except for updates. Actually this site runs faster on my PC than most others. Got the old laptop out with wireshark to check my wifi traffic after I got sent a new router from fios. Won't let me use MY wep2 password. Gives 100mb traffic but connections are slower.
    Whatever!

Boolit Buddy
    No problems with this site on my iPad.....both 4 year old one and a new one.

Boolit Master

A lot of sites do not work well with touchscreen devices. If I have any serious work to do (i.e. other than mindless childish games, reading the news or books, text messaging, etc), I use a *real* computer (laptop or desktop). I've had UNIX machines go *years* without needing a reboot. Let's see your PC / iPad / Android / Apple-excrement do *that*. Yeah, I know that Apple O/S now has a flavor of UNIX/Linux underneath it all, but they screwed it up.

Posting simple replies to site like this is painful, but possible with a touch screen device, but if you need to edit the quote, it can get even more painful. I'll often revisit my replies when I get home and at a real PC so that I can trim down what was quoted or to post links or photos.

Boolit Grand Master

Do any of you using iPads have lock-up problems with the site????

Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    Posting simple replies to site like this is painful, but possible with a touch screen device, but if you need to edit the quote, it can get even more painful. I'll often revisit my replies when I get home and at a real PC so that I can trim down what was quoted or to post links or photos.
    This is only the case if you're using an internet browser. Use a forum reader, like Tapatalk, and all the frustration goes away. No more zooming in and out to read posts. No more advertisements and clutter on the screen. I'm at the point where if a site isn't TapaTalk native then I'm not a member.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    This is only the case if you're using an internet browser. Use a forum reader, like Tapatalk, and all the frustration goes away. No more zooming in and out to read posts. No more advertisements and clutter on the screen. I'm at the point where if a site isn't TapaTalk native then I'm not a member.
    I tried TapaTalk... Didn't particularly like it... Not sure if I hated it more than I hated just using a browser though... My investment brokerage site has an Android and iPad app. It does not have all the features that I need as compared to their website. I also do not like the look and feel of it, so I stay with the website. Their solution was to change the website to make it more difficult to use.

Boolit Grand Master
    I also tried it and did not like it at all. Dumped it.

to each his own.

banger

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast