Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
RepackboxLee PrecisionLoad DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do any of you using iPads have lock-up problems with the site????

Boolit Grand Master

I don't know how you can't like it. Everything is stripped down to just the posts. Text is large and easy to read. And no zooming in an out. To each their own but viewing a forum w/ a browser drives me nuts.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    To each their own but viewing a forum w/ a browser drives me nuts.
    For some of us, that's a shorter drive than for others...
    Last edited by NavyVet1959; 01-15-2016 at 12:58 PM.

Originally Posted by jmorris
    I use an IPad and with this site only, sometimes it will post ads on the entire screen where there is print. Makes it very difficult to see what forum is what and topics are but when you enter a thread, everything is normal.

^^^^^

This happens to me every couple of days, exactly as he described and only with this site.
    Odd that this would happen so often it would drive me nuts and after I posted last month I figured I would get a screen capture of it and I have had no more issues.

Boolit Man
    Had troubles with the Ipad in general. Went to the Samsung & never have an issue.

yes, I do. like yours mine locks up same problem same solution.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Cast Boolits Owner

Both Willy and myself access the site on many different platforms assessing performance, currently I am using an iPad to access the site including chat without problems. We have looked into this problem and determined it is not on our end. My suggestion would be reset your iPad to factory defaults then update to the latest OS and see what happens.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Perma-Banned
    I have an iPad mini and have no problems on here, I've never noticed any glitches

Boolit Mold
    I think a lot of the problems are with Apple. They hijack your device when it is open to run a virus scan, or to determine what you are viewing causing the device to freeze. Apple said this was to make your online experience more to your needs, in other words taylor ads.

My I-phone 7 updated to OS 10 last nite and my G-mail account got lost. Apple, it seems want the I-store version of G-mail. I had to do a work around to get my old G-mail account back.

Privacy, seems to be a thing of the past.

I have had lots of problems with this site on IPad. Not sites Fault. I have Lock ups and more
    recently IPad will "drop" post and you have to go back and bring it up clear to forum. Also what
    is really bad, when you call for Cast Boolits, it appears in heading- then drops and another site
    about Home Filing or something pops up, 1/2 the time at least. Then it locks screen. POed last
    week it cost me to miss buying a mold I have been looking for for months. Took me 1/2 hour
    to get back on site, mean while someone else scuffed the mold.

Boolit Master
    I use iPad for everything with no problems.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    I have had lots of problems with this site on IPad. Not sites Fault. I have Lock ups and more
    recently IPad will "drop" post and you have to go back and bring it up clear to forum. Also what
    is really bad, when you call for Cast Boolits, it appears in heading- then drops and another site
    about Home Filing or something pops up, 1/2 the time at least. Then it locks screen. POed last
    week it cost me to miss buying a mold I have been looking for for months. Took me 1/2 hour
    to get back on site, mean while someone else scuffed the mold.
    That's probably the same issue that we've been reporting in the latter parts of this thread:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...LITS!!!/page23

Boolit Master

there is a problem with ipad, the dreaded "there was a problem with this website so the page was reloaded" notice. Oddly, CastBoolits is the only site I NEVER got this notice and has always worked perfectly. If you have had problems go to Safari, advanced, and turn off Java. You can't watch videos in this mode, but no biggie to me.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Buddy

I use it only and no problems, easier to down load photos and posting than 24 hour campfire! Love this forum!
    Semper Fidelis, to God, Country and Corps!

Quote Originally Posted by 248dm View Post
    I think a lot of the problems are with Apple. They hijack your device when it is open to run a virus scan, or to determine what you are viewing causing the device to freeze. Apple said this was to make your online experience more to your needs, in other words taylor ads.

My I-phone 7 updated to OS 10 last nite and my G-mail account got lost. Apple, it seems want the I-store version of G-mail. I had to do a work around to get my old G-mail account back.

Privacy, seems to be a thing of the past.
    Apple does not hijack your device to do a virus scan. Apple does not "do virus scans."

Boolit Bub
    I haven't had any problems with the site and my iPads.

Noticed this again. Funny since I posted #23 nothing odd has occurred. Someone must be watching me

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblinddog View Post
    I use iPad for everything with no problems.
    Me too, but not entirely the no problems part ...I have issues usually my fury s in the full site mode, and use Tapatalk... which works well most the time but goes through issues with notifications and seems like random stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Apple does not hijack your device to do a virus scan. Apple does not "do virus scans."
    I cannot say for sure with I pad but can say for sure with my Apple laptop. After a period of lockup, I get a "your virus scan is complete message". Never had third party software.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    No problems I can remember.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123