Snyders JerkyWidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingLoad DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: PC through Glock barrel?

Boolit Bub

PC through Glock barrel?

I searched, so I hope this is not a dupe...

Anyone shooting PC boolits through a Glock barrel? Bonus points if its a .40 S&W...

I PCed some Lee 175s tonight, and plan to shoot them tomorrow. Will I be the Guinea Pig? Or has someone else tried this? Hollar if you have any concerns!

The plan is to shoot these through both a G27, and a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 in .40. My lubed boolits shoot fine through the Sub 2000, but I never found a lube that would shoot in the Glock barrel without major leading. Figured PC might work...

Boolit Master
    Shooting through a Glock 30 45ACP - 225 RN and 230 TC. Shoots just like jacketed without the copper fowling. Cleans with 2 wet patches.
    Make no mistake -- They will remember how easily you surrendered your rights.

Yes. I run full house 10 and 40 through my 29 and 35 sized at .401. Zero leading.

Boolit Man
    Never a problem running lubed bullets in my Glock23, now run PC'd bullets only. Keeps my fingers clean.

Bill

I'm in the same boat. No issues loading 45acp for my brother in laws Glock, but my 40SW in G27 is giving me fits. I am contemplating trying out powder coating. Just wondered if I would have to run them through a sizer, I can do that as I have a 401 Star die.
    They are Lee 170 TC's also.

Many competitors use bulk amounts of pc and hitek bullets, safe in glock barrel along with much reduced smoke.

Boolit Master
    Have been shooting powder coated bullets in several 9 mm & 45 Glocks with standard Glock barrels for the last year, no problems.

Boolit Buddy
    This is good news to me. I pair a glock 22 and a JR Carbine in .40 S&W. Been shooting the berry plated bullets. Now I will switch to my own PC. thanks rch

Boolit Master
    I shot a lot of lubed boolits out of Glock 22 .40S&W with out any problems. Tried the PC and HI-TEK in the .40 S&W both worked fine with out any leading.

After using both systems I like the HI-TEK better easer and quicker.

Boolit Bub
    Shot the PC Lee 175gr. Tumble lube bullets, PC with HF Red, in both the G27 and a Sub 2000 tonight. Clean bores. There were some loads they definitely liked better than others! Starting loads occasionally tumbled. Full power loads shot fine. Accuracy was best at the upper ends with Unique. Neither gun liked an equivalent load of Blue Dot. That's why we try 'em!

Boolit Master

Never had a problem with leading using Alox in my Glock 10mm handguns and PCing has not shown to be a problem in my 10s or my G21 in .45 SUPER +P+ (.460 Rowland level).

Boolit Buddy
    I shoot the lee 175 grain, p.c., through my 10mm ar 15 over full dose of hs6. no leading. same load in my glock 20 or 29, same thing. accurate and hits hard.

Boolit Master
    I never had good luck shooting cast bullets thru my Glock 22 and 35 with lubed bullets. With Powder coat I did not fare any better. IN my aftermarket barrels from Storm Lake and KKM they both shoot well. In my Glock21 SF and 30S cast bullets shot quite well with factory barrels.

Can the success of cast bullets in the 45cal Glock be attributed to the lower velocity?

Quote Originally Posted by garym1a2 View Post
    I never had good luck shooting cast bullets thru my Glock 22 and 35 with lubed bullets. With Powder coat I did not fare any better. IN my aftermarket barrels from Storm Lake and KKM they both shoot well. In my Glock21 SF and 30S cast bullets shot quite well with factory barrels.

Boolit Master
    No, I shoot my 40S&W very slow, done to low end of minor power factor.
    I think the 45 barrels are cut different.
    I have ran upto 750 rounds in a day with my 21SF with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger762 View Post
    Can the success of cast bullets in the 45cal Glock be attributed to the lower velocity?

Boolit Master

All I have run in my Glock 22C and 23 has been cast. I never knew that cast was 'taboo' until I read it here. Don't tell my guns, they still don't know I load the 40 S&W like I do my 9mm, and I guess everything else, so that the case doesn't swage the boolit smaller. The only time I ever experienced leading was a 41 mag with softer alloy and higher pressures without a gas check. Bad idea.

when I switched to PCd boolits I did not see any change, just a shinier bore. The very first time I shot ESPC HF Flat black coated, I noticed slightly tighter groups. I have since switched to Prismatic Powders because it ASBBDT coats so well. Anyway, that first range day I was testing some 5.56 and 40 S&W loads and got 1 MOA from the AR 15 and great results from the Glock 23. So great that I was nailing a 4" block of wood at 200 yards, but only after I figured out the hold over for the range.

PCd boolits are accurate if you approach your coating like you approach loading for bench rest shooting. I count the amount of boolits, measure the powder, and ASBBDT for a consistent thickness of coating. I still size after coating and am getting great results. My Lyman 450 has been idle for 2 years! BTW, I have bought a lot or Lee push through dies since I switched to PCd boolits.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!