Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting hard to take this shortage.

Getting hard to take this shortage.

Just got an email from Midway
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/355...1-_-Main_Image

Norma USA Match-22 Ammo 22 LR 40 Gr Lead Round Nose
    500 round brick for only $87.99

I'm not thinking this is a news worth offering.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    What did this Norma Match-22 run before the panic? Sounds like it would not have been cheap even if Sandy Hook never happened.

If you're going to pay out the something or other just to shoot 22, it may as well be because it's high quality stuff instead of because scalpers got there first.

Boolit Master
    A couple of stores in the Anchorage area have had some 22lr on their shelves for some time now. It's Rem/Eley match at only $22.95 per 50. I assume most here are casters and can shoot just about any centerfire cheaper than that. I will park my 22s before paying that much for 22 ammo.

Boolit Master

at $8.79 for a box of 50, i have my doubts as to how good it is for match ammo. good rimfire match ammo is expensive, and this so called shortage has nothing to do with it. good rf match ammo starts around $18 a box of 50 and goes up from there.

Boolit Master
    Yep, thats why I have a 10meter ISU air pistol instead of the 50meter free pistol I always wanted. Too expensive to feed!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    I used to shoot competitively and many that I knew went through 6-10k rounds per year. I do not know how they do it? I can see that the Soros bought and paid for media is pushing the lefties into the White house yet again. I expect the hoarding will continue. My Olympic shooting went to air pistol and rifle. I just could not afford even the relatively cheap cci sv.

Boolit Master
    I just bought some Norma Match ammo for $700 a case and shot it this morning and it shot pretty well considering my barrel tuner has been tuned for Federal Gold Medal 1000B at 1080 fps. and the Norma is 1066 fps. The wind was tricky today not making he best conditions and I am planning on shooting it again tomorrow but hope to get to the range before the wind picks up.

Boolit Master
    Well Doc, that's 14 cents a bang and if it shoots (or your tuner can make it shoot) with the top end rf ammo, that is pretty good! Maybe the major problem is with the cheaper ammo being bid up in price. I have a compressor good to 5kpsi so the pcp airguns are a good option for me. Obviously I could buy lots of ammo for the cost of that compressor but I was into airguns anyway.

The concept of $50 bricks of cheapo rf ammo just galls me.

Boolit Master
    I wonder if swagers that use the 22 casings to make 22 bullets go crazy over the high end brass like Norma and whatever else there is.

Boolit Master
    In the era when I went through 5k/yr or more of cci rf standard velocity ammo, a swaging friend said he found it very consistent compared to random range pick ups. I asked if that was because mine was all one lot and brand and he thought so but couldn't get enough of the higher end stuff to be statistically certain. I am not God's gift to precision shooting and find cci sv out shot me more often than the other way around. Even then the high end stuff was near 14 cents a bang. I shot a little win gold and it was far better than I deserved.

Boolit Master
    My compressor only cost me 185$ , but then it takes 1/4 lb of bacon and 3 eggs to fuel it for a full tankup
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    I still have one of those compressors and have no desire to get rid of it. But I hurt after pumping up a BSA bottle. The 220v version is a lot easier but noisy!

Boolit Master
    I have a Anschutz 2002CA that I refill with a 80 cubic foot SCUBA tank with an adapter. I use this in my 10 meter range I have in the basement so I can shoot 24/7 if need be.

I still have a old case of Federal 711B with the dimple in the base that I have shot a lot of 400's out of 400 possible scores with a decent X count that I used for practice because I would have some that would go poop instead of bang and end up with a shot in the 9 ring at 6 o'clock. I am keeping it for barrel warmers for the case of Federal Ultra Match 1000B that I use for real important matches.

The Wolf Match Extra I have shoots great without having to change the tuner and I have shot 100-10X with it if I do my part.

I will be doing so more tests with the barrel tuner as soon as I get some things done around here.

Boolit Master
    Gander Mountain website had the 10# bucket o' bullets (1400rd) yesterday for $79.99, free shipping. It sold out in maybe 5 minutes. Just have to keep checking it

Boolit Bub
    up the road from an old western pa. coal patch
    I had bought bulk 22's every time I saw them cheap < 15$ per 500 for years and I still have an ample supply. I refused to participate in the panic buying frenzy, or cash in on panic pricing. If there is a free market would not foreign 22's (Aquilla, etc.) at competitive pricing supplement American manufacturers to a greater extent ? The price of lead, copper and powder does not jibe with this rip off pricing and the continuing shortage does not reflect a free market economy. This stinks of government intervention and collusion by the ammo companies. Cheap 22 rimfire is how most kids learn how to shoot. This is how they destroy the love of firearms in the American culture. But what can we do about it ?

Boolit Buddy
    I have enough .22 ammo for one season of ground squirrel shooting and have not seen any on a store shelf for 10 months, so I'll stick with shooting cast 9mm in my 995 carbine for the foreseeable future.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ravelode View Post
    I have enough .22 ammo for one season of ground squirrel shooting and have not seen any on a store shelf for 10 months, so I'll stick with shooting cast 9mm in my 995 carbine for the foreseeable future.
    That is about where I am at. Cheaper now to load and shoot 9mm. I have been casting a bunch of the mihec 359-125 H/P's. I found a great supersonic load, and just loaded my first subsonic load for that bullet that will cycle in a 9mm AR. With a suppressor it is stupid quiet, and would be good for close range plinking sans 50 yards, or a rabbit/squirrel load. I have .22 to feed my guns, but to be honest I would rather not shoot it because of the cost to replace it.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    Just got an email from Midway
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/355...1-_-Main_Image

Norma USA Match-22 Ammo 22 LR 40 Gr Lead Round Nose
    500 round brick for only $87.99

I'm not thinking this is a news worth offering.
    Guns Etc has a whole pallet of 22LR's for around $70/500. Drive down to Mesa and save the hazmat fee and keep your $$ in AZ!

banger

http://www.natchezss.com/federal-aut...n-325-box.html. just saying 2 boxes cost 10.00 to ship. that's what about 5 cents a round give or take. I have all I need on hand but some of you do not so.

Boolit Master

70.00/500 is no bargain, that's what the scalpers were asking last year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast