Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Repackbox

Thread: H. K. Wineland

H. K. Wineland

Does anyone have any information on an Ohio gunsmith by the name of H. K. Wineland.
    I was able to find some basic stuff , but I was wondering if anyone here in the collective had anything.
    He was from NW Ohio, and by most accounts not only a gunsmith, but made his own barrels as well. A friend of mine recently acquired on of his rifles and it definitely shows all the markers of quality.
    Many thanks!

Boolit Buddy
    HK was nt only a gunsmith, but manufactured barrels of excelent quality. He was located in West Unity Ohio. He was a farmer and only made barrels on specail order and was not very qquick about it, 6 month to a year was normal. usually made 5 grove barrels. Tell me more about your friends rifle, ie. what caliber, barrel weight etc.
    BD

Built on a Mauser action, chambered in 6mm Remington. Still waiting on some pictures to share.
    His best guess is that the rifle was built in the very early 60's.

Boolit Buddy
    Hugh built me a barrel in the mid 60's early 70,s, I forget what year. It was wxtreamly accurate it was a 6.5 X 308, now called the 260, heavy barrel on a jap action 1:11.5 twist if I rember right it had a 6 gruve twist. very accurate, killed a ground hog at 600 yards with that gun (I claim it was skill) and a 85 grain bullet.
    The rifle was stolen in the mid 70's (b&e), would like to find that gun again and would pay for it's return.
    Hugh made some mighty fine barrels. I have heard rummers that his son in now making barrels, but no way to know.
    BD