Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackboxWideners
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MiHec (Mp-molds) 9mm-125 gn Hollow point mold

pm sent
    Recycle, Reuse, Reload.

Boolit Mold
    Was just wondering if these have shipped yet. I sent payment on 5/18 and haven't heard back yet. Thanks.

Boolit Bub
    I got mine several days ago

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlamont2020 View Post
    I got mine several days ago
    Thanks. It's probably on the way then. It looks like you ordered yours a week before I did. There are several PMs about purchasing but nobody had said they got one yet. I remember getting a shipping notice on the 45 mold I bought but that was a long time ago. (Way back when the penta pins were just being developed.) He may be too busy and not send out notices any longer.

Boolit Bub
    Yea, unfortunately the power switch on my PID decided to break on my last casting session (luckily when I turned it off, not on) so I haven't cast any yet, but got it all cleaned up for when my new switch arrives. Not a great photo, but it shows the mold number (so there are no doubts that shipping started) which is on the bottom of this mold unlike my other MP moulds.

Very excited to try it out though, a friend gifted me some .357 magnum dies in the hopes I'll load him some with this bullet.

Boolit Mold
    Looks very nice. As soon as mine get here I plan on putting it to work. I need to get some cast, PCd and loaded. Every 9mm in the house shoots to POA with the 125gn ammo except one, my M&P Pro. The Pro is one of my favorite guns to shoot and it even gets carried in cold weather. The 147s shoot perfect but everything else is low. If these shoot low then I'll be ordering one of the NOE molds just for that gun. Not a big deal to cast from two different molds but if I don't have to spend the extra $150 then I don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlamont2020 View Post
    Yea, unfortunately the power switch on my PID decided to break on my last casting session (luckily when I turned it off, not on) so I haven't cast any yet, but got it all cleaned up for when my new switch arrives. Not a great photo, but it shows the mold number (so there are no doubts that shipping started) which is on the bottom of this mold unlike my other MP moulds.

Very excited to try it out though, a friend gifted me some .357 magnum dies in the hopes I'll load him some with this bullet.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Mine came yesterday and I cast a couple hundred tonight. Great mold! As always with brass....HEAT IT U.....WAY UP.......on a hotplate to start.

I cycled it a couple times to get that nice "orange" patina.

Boollits just fall out with a slight tap of the pins!

Another fine product.

bangerjim

I'll take one please, PM sent
    My firearms project blog

Boolit Mold
    Mine did arrive at the end of the week. I've got it all set up and ready to go but haven't had a chance to do anything yet. Looks like an excellent mold.

Any chance of getting one without the lube grove?? I already have this mold but I have cast it to death so another would be nice, if its available grooveless.

Cheers Mike.
    Don't worry about life, no-one gets out alive.

Boolit Master
    Great minds think alike- I just bought 2 but I would buy one grooveless in a heartbeat. Oh yes. I have both of my molds now---Thank You Miha

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin460 View Post
    Any chance of getting one without the lube grove?? I already have this mold but I have cast it to death so another would be nice, if its available grooveless.

Cheers Mike.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    I PC everything and grooves do not seem to "get in the way" of PC at all. That said, I have one of his NLG 6 banger molds in Al and LOVE it's drops.

If this was inexpensive Al, I would simply rig it up in my vertical mill and easily bore the grooves out, but it works so well, why bother????????? But this brass mold is so perrrrrrdy, I hate to mess with it! Wife asked if it was a piece of gun art I had bought on-line!!!!!!!

If you cast for 9mm and/or 38/357 guns, get one! (if I cast, PC either ESPC or BBDT, and size 358, they are perfect for my 38's!)

banger

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    I PC everything and grooves do not seem to "get in the way" of PC at all. That said, I have one of his NLG 6 banger molds in Al and LOVE it's drops.

If this was inexpensive Al, I would simply rig it up in my vertical mill and easily bore the grooves out, but it works so well, why bother????????? But this brass mold is so perrrrrrdy, I hate to mess with it! Wife asked if it was a piece of gun art I had bought on-line!!!!!!!

If you cast for 9mm and/or 38/357 guns, get one! (if I cast, PC either ESPC or BBDT, and size 358, they are perfect for my 38's!)

banger
    What did I tell ya! Great mold isn't it. I notice it drops easier as you break it in. It likes to be hot. I did modify mine a little. The sprue plate was giving me fits at the temp it runs at so I took out the roll pin for the plate stop, and threaded it for a hex pan head bolt like the NOE molds. Much better now. I sit down and cast 20 pounds at a time of this one. They get used too.

WOOT one is on the way to me now! I realized while reading up on this that I actually don't have a 9mm mold of my own. #1 I don't shoot 9mm that much because I have to borrow a mold and #2 I never liked any of the molds I've seen, I hate RN molds for most handgun and I hate the TC molds as they just punch through stuff like the RN mostly do, zero expansion. I'll be testing this bullet on bowling pins and I'm sure this will be my new staple bullet this year for PPC since I'm running out of cast up RN bullets.
    My firearms project blog

Shoot, I would love to get one of these... Hopefully you will have one next Friday when I get paid again

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderwolf View Post
    WOOT one is on the way to me now! I realized while reading up on this that I actually don't have a 9mm mold of my own. #1 I don't shoot 9mm that much because I have to borrow a mold and #2 I never liked any of the molds I've seen, I hate RN molds for most handgun and I hate the TC molds as they just punch through stuff like the RN mostly do, zero expansion. I'll be testing this bullet on bowling pins and I'm sure this will be my new staple bullet this year for PPC since I'm running out of cast up RN bullets.
    I have found this boolit to be very good at giving explosive expansion. If you can keep it around 1000 fps it will fully expand into two jugs of water at 20 feet, and puncture a third with a perfect nickle size mushroom. Any faster and it blows apart. 50 yards on milk jugs at 1350 fps is a blast...literally. Don't try to get those speeds out of a handgun. That was in a 10.5" AR. It does not matter what alloy you use it seems to still expand, or break apart. Not like the 200 45ACP boolit where you need to think about the alloy to get good expansion.

Vendor Sponsor

I still have some of this babies
    www.mp-molds.com
    --------------------------------------
    If you want to win, you must not lose

MiHec (Mp-molds) 9mm-125 gn Hollow point mold

Received my mold today well ahead of the promised 14 days for shipping, in excellent condition.
    I will say this, mihec you may be an expert mold maker but I would go one step further and say you are a master of your craft, and a true artist above all. I am very proud to have your work in my possession.

Serdecznie dziękuje pana, jesteś fachowcem pierwszej klasy i nie mogę sie doczekać odlewanie pocisk. Cieszę sie kupić z Europy i najbardziej od słowiana, wita Polak w Ameryce! Zapraszamy
    Recycle, Reuse, Reload.

Boolit Master

I can't say enough good things about the mould maker & his products.

If you are looking for load data,

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-125gn-HP-mold

Boolit Mold
    Do you have any of these molds left?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast