RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: built an home brew pc booth

built an home brew pc booth

after getting tired of cleaning my shop after pcing anything. i built an pc booth. was not hard good thing, I am not much of an wood worker.

will not be staying in that location.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B9E53847-DEA6-44DE-AA63-93880A72783E_zpsuxrwkqyc.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	139157
    test how well it will keep the dust down. so I went full out with my craftman gun, going to see how it does with my hf later

Name:	F1C2BFA2-99D4-40C9-A4EF-26D0C4219CB9_zps9e0ixz5e.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	139158

kinda pleased, want to put an door on it and a wire to coat other things

Boolit Buddy
    Nice idea.

That's probably enough to get me off my butt and make one myself. The one challenge I face is how to turn the pan so I can get at it from all four sides.

Perhaps something like this:

http://www.menards.com/main/tools-ha...793-c-9547.htm

Attached the bearings to a metal sheet, attach the alligator clip to the metal sheet, and put a metal pan on top which can then be turned without losing electrostatic contact?

A poor-man's lazy susan.

I have a lazy Susan base I am going to attach to the pan. Just wanted to how it does

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose33 View Post
    Nice idea.

That's probably enough to get me off my butt and make one myself. The one challenge I face is how to turn the pan so I can get at it from all four sides.

Perhaps something like this:

http://www.menards.com/main/tools-ha...793-c-9547.htm

Attached the bearings to a metal sheet, attach the alligator clip to the metal sheet, and put a metal pan on top which can then be turned without losing electrostatic contact?

A poor-man's lazy susan.
    Try this and less than 5 bucks. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-...9548/203661089

Name:	77bccda7-4d23-433b-9a84-0e0b5ca6cb05_400.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	139188
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by 62chevy View Post
    what I am using, put it away some where just don't remember where

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by corey012778 View Post
    what I am using, put it away some where just don't remember where
    Hahahahaha boy do I know that feeling.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Master
    Putting an AC filter on a fan to exhaust the air might help also.

I made an air scrubber years ago by mounting two slightly separated AC filter in the side of a wooden box that holds a squirrel cage blower salvaged for an old HVAC unit. I use this guy whenever I spray paint, sand or generate anything going into the air. It's amazing how much these filters trap.

one of my next projects is an ventilation system for my casting area. already thought about running an duct to the booth. have a 4in ac booster fan. have a very small shop. should be enough for both. there going to be about 10ft apart once I get my old failed pc booth (old entertainment center).

Boolit Buddy
    one of my next projects is an ventilation system for my casting area. already thought about running an duct to the booth. have a 4in ac booster fan. have a very small shop. should be enough for both. there going to be about 10ft apart once I get my old failed pc booth (old entertainment center).
    Here's how I'm doing it. The "vent hood" has some work to be done, and the fan doesn't move enough air to suit me, but it's not bad.

The fan is an inline booster. Originally I just had the duct over the pot but it wasn't drawing enough air to get the smoke from using sawdust in fluxing. I made the box in the hope it would capture more of that smoke, which it does, but some still gets away.

A work in progress.

Name:	ventfan.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	139269

Name:	ductwork.jpg 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	139268

Name:	venthood.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	139267

looks like your set up is a good distance from the exit point. I am set up right at a window and two pots to vent. so I have to see what I need after I get the vent set up. as for my pc booth thinking of not moving it, just putting a board to block any lead splatter and/or as part of the vent system.

Boolit Buddy
    looks like your set up is a good distance from the exit point. I am set up right at a window and two pots to vent. so I have to see what I need after I get the vent set up. as for my pc booth thinking of not moving it, just putting a board to block any lead splatter and/or as part of the vent system.
    It's about four feet. that just happens to be the length of the ductwork w/o cutting it to size.

I may at some point shorten it up to reclaim the space behind the setup. I just need to find a fan that will move more air without causing me to go deaf.

I thought about at one point to put a window box fan in the space, board up the extra space next to it, and create a sort of hood out of cheap sheet goods or even a blue tarp. I don't have enough space in the garage to leave it set up permanently (Oh, how I wish I did), so it needs to be removable.

I planned my set up before we even moved into the house. just added a little bit more then I planned. I was only casting for muzzleloaders when we moved. then moved to 9mm and 40sw, now waiting for molds, expander die, and sizer for 7.62x54r. now 85% of my shop is for casting. have to find a new home for my grinder, a drill press (need to buy a new one) and my power tools so I can get to them. glad I only had 8 small post to cut for the booth. did that with a hand saw.

have my lazy susan set up, used magnets to put my spray pan to the base. the four I have on now are strong enough to attach a pan but weak enough to allow me to remove a pan with out much force.

Name:	24ADF2AA-01FD-4A45-8C3D-AC182F4BD3C8_zpso5dyewhz.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	139349
    Last edited by corey012778; 05-12-2015 at 04:59 PM.

Ground the lazy susan to your ESPC machine. I ran about a 3 ft wire from the lazy susan and just clip to the end of the wire. This would only help if you use a conductive tray, of course.

one of the screws i use to mount should do the trick

have the lazy susen mounted, wire connected for ground. and vent system in place some just have to make a filter.

Name:	D79DA973-178F-4BD6-89D4-B65EEA830DB3_zpse8a7dhgi.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	139382

Name:	781BEBF2-DA7B-4D85-950D-B9B1E1C9C81A_zps6ennucss.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	139383

Name:	6D651340-2BFA-467B-A847-5F3FB37A3A26_zps9whehnzk.jpg 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	139384

Boolit Buddy
    I like that. I'm not sure I'll put up a vent--I'm not sure airflow will help with the powdercoating. I want to do a small cage about, oh, a copule feet square and maybe 18" high. I'll line it with clear plastic, and leave just the front opening open. I'll put the lazy susan in there, grounded as you did. (Picked one up today at Menards at lunchtime).

This should let me keep the powder inside the enclosure for the most part, and be able to spin the tray to get all sides. I'm going to mount a small piece of PVC pipe as a "holster" for the PC gun so I don't have to set it down.

The plastic lining should let me remove it when done, collect whatever powder I can, and then dispose of the plastic and remaining powder. Then collapse the cage and store it.

mine is built on a utility table I built (poorly) if I end up not liking it, I will turn it into more storage space.

add a set up for pcing very small stuff. did not plan it out too well. may end up changing it

Name:	2FF8D0FE-B2AC-4D69-81E9-3B19E6CC6563_zpsobwk9wxi.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	139585

Boolit Buddy
    I use this booth for both casting and PC. I use a lazy susen for even coverage.
    Tony Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	139731

corey 012778: Run a search for gpidaho thread: Powder Coating set up. 07-16-2014. Still using this set up and have added a lazy suzan. I found the venting unnecessary. Powder flows on at very low pressure and when working right there's very little over spray. GP

Boolit Buddy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast