Load DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionRepackboxReloading EverythingWideners
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any ideas on how much a new Colt 1903 is going to be?

Boolit Man

Any ideas on how much a new Colt 1903 is going to be?

I saw the article in Handloader magazine about the new 1903's and would like to have one if the price isn't way out there. Do you think they can make it for around $500.00 even with a pony on the side?

Boolit Master

I'd sure be surprised.

Seems the pony doubles the price...
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

bhn22
    They can probably make it for that, but I'd expect the pricing to be around three times that figure. The formula goes something like "double what anybody else would sell it for, then add $100.00 per letter for the magic name of C-O-L-T.

Boolit Master
    I have one made in 1910 i don't think they can match the bluing and fit like the old one. For 500 bucks i would look for a old one.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Quote Originally Posted by bouncer50 View Post
    I have one made in 1910 i don't think they can match the bluing and fit like the old one. For 500 bucks i would look for a old one.
    Agree. You can easily find a shooter-grade original in VG+ condition for around $500. A nice collectible in box for about $1000.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bouncer50 View Post
    I'd like to see them modernize it a little, actually, with a slightly bigger safety, slightly bigger sights, and a finish you don't have to coddle. Our love of old things aside, a straight clone of the original is going to have very limited appeal when set aside the smaller, lighter, and undoubtedly cheaper plastic minis - never mind that the 1903's/1908's shoot better. . .
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master

I think they are going for the "limited edition" business model here, so I'd say expect to pay around what a new Single Action Army goes for.

Boolit Grand Master
    In the Rifleman, ​they said "under a thousand dollars." I'm guessing 999.00 list.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Man
    I thought that the article claimed the new pistols are going to be parked. With 500 limited edition General Issue and 2000 regular production pistols. For what it is I don't think I would pay more than $750.00 if I realy like it.

Boolit Grand Master
    Parkerized with general officer special models, but the last sentence is what I quote. "less than a thousand dollars," The 999 is just my guess.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master

I would be very surprised if the fit and finish of the new ones comes close to the originals no matter what the price.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Grand Master

My guess is around $1000.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Grand Master
    For what it's worth, you could have purchased one new for 19.00$...in 1920. Saw an old catalog from a hardware store with that in it. They were actually cheaper than the revolvers by a significant margin. A 1911 would have run you 31.50!

Love Life
    It'll probably be right at a grand and still have poor fit and finish.

Banned
    My guess is just a little bit more than I'm willing to spend.

Boolit Master
    I'm not going to hold my breath while waiting for these to hit the shelves. Colt has been trying to "restructure" it's loan agreements that it just "restructured" back in November. If this doesn't happen, it sounds like they'll probably file for Chapter 11 and really "restructure' things.

Here's the latest I've found so far: http://www.colt.com/ColtintheMedia/P...ansaction.aspx

Dave
    Psalm 18: 28-49
    Psalm 144: 1-8

Boolit Buddy

Here is the break down on what is planned for this run:
    • .32 ACP Type 2 (which means no magazine disconnect).
    • 3500 currently in production, should be available in a couple of months.
    • 2000 will be Parkerized.
    • 1000 will be blued.
    • 500 with same serial number and information about the General the original pistol was issued to.
    • Colt Custom Shop will be doing a small run in Royal Blue and Nickel Pearl.
    • Base model will have an MSRP of $1,395 no word on the others at this time.
    --ISO ITEMS--
    Contender super 16 barrels

updated as of April 2023

My feedback: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ight=Carbine86

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    For what it's worth, you could have purchased one new for 19.00$...in 1920. Saw an old catalog from a hardware store with that in it. They were actually cheaper than the revolvers by a significant margin. A 1911 would have run you 31.50!
    A buddy showed me a 1959-dated gun magazine, complete with all the mail-order gun advertisements you could send in for. My favorite had Garands for about a hundred bucks, and various military surplus bolt actions for $15-$40. But what I really got a chuckle out of - - the same ad had the supposedly less desirable WWI era 1911's for about $37; the supposedly more desirable WWII era 1911-A1 for $40. . .and a two-man inflatable survival life raft for $42. That's right - a freakin' POOL TOY cost more than the greatest handgun in history.

But all this talk of potentially a thousand bucks for a new production M1903. . .I recently started re-reading my copy of Patrick Sweeny's 1911 - the first 100 years. In it, he discusses at great length about how the various Browning pocket models were the most cloned handguns in history because of their reliability, simplicity, and ease of production. I guess machinists were smarter in the 1920's. . .
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Buddy

Anyone know if the mags will be compatible with the original 1903's?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by upr45 View Post
    Anyone know if the mags will be compatible with the original 1903's?
    Since it a copy of the original one it should work. Original Colt mags are pretty high price for the 1903 I found one at a flea market for 5 bucks i was happy as hell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast