Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackbox
Snyders JerkyWidenersTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I feel guilty, what should I do?

Boolit Grand Master

If you feel obligated and they wont accept your offers, make a donation to a favorite charity in their name.

Boolit Master
    Food is always good , cook him a brisket, steaks, pork loin, or just pick up his bill at lunch one day.
    NRA High Master XTC
    DR# 2125

Friday night I was unloading a big pile of hardwood boards in to the garage about half way thru the sky went form blue sky to down pour. As I was getting drenched the neighbor came over and just started to help. We got my wood out of the rain and we both looked like a drowned rats. As I thanked him he said" I could not set and watch you struggle and not help". So today I am going to give a jar of my homemade strawberry jam. Not much in value but a jester of my Thanks and I know he love it. Clint

Boolit Grand Master

Agreed on the pay-it-forward concept, his gift is quite possibly a blessing coming back to you. You'll have an opportunity to help him someday. Besides, at this point they're probably just getting in his way. Floor space is at a premium in a tire store today with all the tire sizes and equipment they have to have, much more than when he started out.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Give them a Gift Card to A Great Place To Eat! Never gets refused...Never!

Quote Originally Posted by trails4u View Post
    This was one of the hardest lessons I ever learned in my life. Sometimes.....someone just wants to do something nice for you, and the best thing you can do, for them, is to simply and graciously accept their generosity. You strike me as a man of great character, so I have to assume you too have given some gifts in your time...... When on the giving end, did you expect anything in return??? I didn't think so!
    Exactly ! Offer twice, after that don't insult the person by offering again.
    Their gift to you is their reward.
    Casting, Reloading & Shooting

Get him a gift card for a great place to eat and tell him you will take the time to enjoy this just like yourself will enjoy his gift. And buy a new set of tires to. LOL

Moderator Emeritus

Pay it forward down the road always works too! Seems like every time someone has helped me out I have had an opportunity to repay it to someone else a few months later. Last time it was an older lady stalled on the side of the road. Nobody was stopping to see what was wrong. I pulled over and walked back to see what was going on. She said her car had stalled 35 minutes ago, she had no cell phone and was freezing. I got her into my truck with a blanket and gave her my cellphone to call a wrecker. I bet 20 or more people passed her by without stopping.

Boolit Grand Master

I learned when my wife was killed that most people are very good hearted and want to help in any way possible. Some brought food some helped with the kids one mowed the lawn so it didnt get ahead of us. Several offered other help. None would take anything for thier efforts and time. Its something the good want to do and the dooing is the reward they want. Believe it or not a Heartfelt Thank-you goes farther with most than anything else. Your friendship and support is what got this going and they are repaying this in thier minds. Its always nice to pass it on to others in need also. The more this happens the better place the world becomes.

What should you do?

Read post #11 again and quit feeling guilty.
    Buzzard's luck!! Can't kill nothin', nothin'll die!!

What is it about the concept of a gift that you don't understand. Are you telling me your family never gave and received gifts and that everything had to be quid pro quo?

Giving something with no expectation of compensation is a good and joyful experience for many people. Don't cheat them out of it. Accept the gift and say thank you.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

If you decide to "Pay it forward" I'll gladly take half of those buckets of lead.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master
    watch and see what happens, if he is in big trouble with the law, they may come and get him some day, and then his family will need help.
    The rules of the range are simple at best, Should you venture in that habitat, Don't cuss a man's dog, be good to the cook, And don't mess with a cowboy's hat. ~ Baxter Black

Boolit Buddy
    As per #11, that was the lesson that I had to learn also. At 70 years old I had pancreatic cancer surgery and for about 3 to 4 months, what with the surgery and chemo, I was weak, not wanting to eat much and couldn't do the things I was used to doing on my own. I had always helped others and was the mister fix-it guy plus being the taxi for a lot of people for shopping or the hospital or medical appointments and now I couldn't do hardly any of that. Many people stepped up and helped me. they cleaned house and took trash out for me and made me eat (always bringing food). many other things, too many to recount. It was very hard to humble myself and gracefully accept that help, BUT it has been a great growing experience for me. I learned a lot about my friends and did a lot of growing up myself. I learned a hell of a lesson, for which I am grateful. God Bless to you and yours.
    Goofy aka Godfrey
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Boolit Bub
    What goes around comes around.
    .Phil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12