RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: Cramer No 5 mould

Cramer No 5 mould

I have recently purchased this mould from a B-24 pilot (too cool) who is getting out of shooting. I've googled it but nothing turned up. It looks to be a 45 three holer maybe from the 40's or 50's. I figured this would be the best place to ask about it.

He sold it to me for a resonable price and had others. Lots of old components that I was interested in but I ran out of money way to quick! Any body interested in the other moulds, mainly single & double cavity in regular flavor and RB. He may have had a dozen more sitting there-if there is any interest here I'll ask him for a list.

Shure there is interest. He will find a ready market for his reloading stuff here. A list would be nice.

The Cramer NO. 5 is a 230 RN bullet for the 45 ACP round. SAECO still produces this bullet under a different numbering system.

Cramer molds are very high quality. I have about a dozen.

In Remebrance

Cramer made a truly fine mould. Right up with H+G AFAIC. I'd be interested in a list too.

That was fast, thanks! Yup, it was a RN shape. I thought the three hole configuration was odd (no pun intended). All the moulds had a gummy buildup on the exterior that rubbed right off with a fingernail. The sprue plates were smeared and there was the usual lead splashes one gets when working with them. They didn't look to have been abused and the Cramer has to be older than me! I am going to clean the three moulds I got and will report results with the list of moulds he has for sale. I'll try to be as candid in the description as I can.

It may take me a little while to hook back up but I'll definitely get back there and post the list on this site. It may be best just to stick it in the classified section here, huh? I haven't done that on this board yet, haven't really done it much on any board for that matter.

I definitely saw some 38 and 308's, unfortunately I had spent what I done brung by this time. I don't think there were any more of the Cramer's, but this guy's garage had a whole corner dedicated to shooting stuff. I saw boxes & boxes of j'--words, bags & bags of shot, and old wads, and shoot-gun shells and, and, and, <grabs paper bag and breathes slow & deep>......

Boolit Master

Rooster,

If you can post a list of items...I'm sure most would go fast from members here. Just scroll through swapping & selling and you'll soon see all the "SPF, Gone, None left", etc. Seems I'm usually a couple days too late.

If you post in S&S, would you post here also to let us know?

Thanx
    "Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil." Doug Patton

Converting lead into gold

A quick update as I have been out of the loop a while. I've been traveling the past few days and I have not had the opportunity to meet with my contact yet. Payday is on 4/11 so I will probably go over that weekend. I promise to post the list when I get one. If I get enough interest maybe I can make him a lump offer if the resell of the items I'm not interested in makes it worth it. Either way I'll post the list.