RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: copper heads are out!

Boolit Master
    I'd like to make some snake & rodent loads for good ole .45LC but everyone that sells #11 or #12 "dust shot" is out of the stuff. BPI was the 1st place I checked and even shot them an email to see when it would be available again but haven't heard back. Anyone have any sources?

Anyone made shot that small? I wouldn't at all be afraid to make some but haven't a clue on what size of dripper orifice I would need for shot that small. I have some micro bits, from .039 to .016 diameter.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Master

Try this, just hold low on a snake, using a .44 or .45 caliber slug and pull the trigger. The boolit will either "roll" right through the snake, or shrapnel in the form of rocks, dirt, etc will pepper it. They usually will then roll up into a "ball" and then give a larger target for the next boolit. Anywhere from the mid section to the head works fine.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

My .38 Special "snake loads" works wonders. Most of the time 1 shot is all I need. Take note of "most of the time."

Boolit Master
    MidwayUSA jut sent me an email saying that the #12 shot in 10 pound bags has come in. Pretty pricey but 10 pounds is a life time supply for most of us.

Doc

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    QUICK start a GROUP buy before it is all gone.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Bub
    If a four legged worthless critter becomes a threat and somehow dies in front of you and has a collar on. Take collar to truck stop and wire it up under a trailer. They will have fun tracking that one down. That is my plan if I happen on a mountain lion that will be a threat. Then SSS

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    The----------- state DNR has just announced that they are now tracking the fastest mountain lion on record.

It is documented traveling at 74 MPH for over 10 hours before even pausing to catch its breath.

Now what other state can make that statement?
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mytmousemalibu View Post
    I'd like to make some snake & rodent loads for good ole .45LC but everyone that sells #11 or #12 "dust shot" is out of the stuff. BPI was the 1st place I checked and even shot them an email to see when it would be available again but haven't heard back. Anyone have any sources?

Anyone made shot that small? I wouldn't at all be afraid to make some but haven't a clue on what size of dripper orifice I would need for shot that small. I have some micro bits, from .039 to .016 diameter.
    If you only need a few loads for the Colt, simply cut several old shotshells up for the shot they contain. I use #6, 7 1/2 ,or 8, from junk shells and all work fine on copperheads or mocasins. I would load #4 shot or 2 RB if encountering PYTHONS was a possibility. BvT
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the heads up on the shot guys! I do have about 50lbs. of #9 on hand but did want some "dust" not only for little critters but we have a pest bird problem in our hangar and #11 & #12 is all we are comfortable with letting fly in there and the cost of .22 shot loads or the others for that matter are overpriced really. The tiny shot wont shred our sprayed on insulation either.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin101 View Post
    We have a lot of snakes here in NY, mostly they stay in Albany.
    Me and my partner almost trooped over a rattler in Harriman State Park doing land navigation. But yes there are lots of snakes in Albany. So glad I'm not in NY anymore. Did find a nice girl though.

One of my long time friends came by last weekend and picked up some "snake loads". He's gonna do some pre-season deer scouting and someone warned him about the rattlers.

Boolit Buddy
    King Snakes and rat snakes are fine by me. One got really lucky. I was bush hogging and pull the mower back and there's a snake in the cut part not hit or anything. For me, a snake that I can see is fine but don't just surprise me. I pulled my 45 and it's lucky it only held 7 because I wasn't stopping. Copperheads, they can wait on me to get back with the corresponding gun to whatever the first shotshell I find is. Last one got a face full of .410 7 1/2.

Boolit Master
    I have been visiting my GF in Virginia, and I now have proof rattlers exist here. As her son was helping me pull her utility trailer out of her garage, we both heard an odd buzzing noise. Turns out it was coming from the 4 foot long rattler he was standing on. He jumped and it struck him on the shoe,but didn't make it through. My hippie crunchy girl is getting a 12 ga. For a gift soon. Nothing like reaching for your gun and realizing it and all your others are 750 miles away because you are out of state.

Just went out to call the dog in, he just shifted back and forth on his front leggs. Then I realized something laying in the drive, yes a snake not just any ole snake either. Got the flashlight and yes there was a copperhead, so a couple good swats to the head and we now have a better snake also known as a dead snake. He was 40 inches long and about the diameter of a fiftycent piece, that is pretty long for them around here, most are about 30 inches long. Everyone is now happy and some are ready for bed.
    CD
    When you find you are in deep trouble, look straight ahead,keep your mouth shut, and say nothing.

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards

Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master
    I got news for you. We ALL die.. eventually. When I recollect all the people I know who have died there aren't any that died from snakebite. Drunks including drunk drivers, family disputes, encephalitis, pertussis, shingles (measles), bar fights, tobacco, hyper nutrition, etc.

Now if venomous snakes did not exist I could get by very well without them and for sure all the non venomous species would be better off as it would help quell the hysterical snake phobics. People are still more likely to die from their groceries than from snakes.

Boolit Master
    How many of those snake bites were fatal. How many Alabamans died last year due to homicide? Traffic accidents? Drowning? Fires? All of those are just as preventable as snake bites.

When you leave a piece of large EQT. Tractor, dozer etc, be careful . I have had the experience ,while in the South...logging, farming , what ever . The Vibration from the equipment sitting in one place running seems to attract these varments
    Slow Elk 45/70

Praise the Lord & Pass the Ammo