Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: First N.O.E. Mould! (and why I will be giving N.O.E. more money)

Boolit Bub

Cool First N.O.E. Mould! (and why I will be giving N.O.E. more money)

Well, I ordered my first NOE Mould... since they are local, I decided to just stop on by the shop and pick up my shiny new mould and decided to get one of their Mould Handles while I was at it (The site does not have any listed).

What I can say about this place, is nothing but positive. I didn't really have time (nor did they) for a small tour.. although I am hoping next time I get a Mould, the owner might have some time to show me around.

The place is nice, clean and extremely organized. Judging by the owner's personality, they'd probably disagree with me. It's not a giant shop by any means, but, it really doesn't have to be. As long as you're putting out quality products in a timely manner.

I had a little time to speak with Al, he is just a wonderful man to talk to. Even though I showered him with praise about the shop, the reviews of his moulds and that the company was mentioned in Handloader... he was very humble and very down to Earth. He doesn't take anything for granted, and from what I can see in his face... he is grateful for everything that has come his way and how well his products have been received. He seems like the kind of guy who would do anything he could, to make sure that his customers are taken care of.

I can see there is a lot of pride in how things are done there. I noticed there were bullets being cast and then mic'd to ensure uniformity and consistency, someone was tending to the CNC machines and making sure its running properly... and it looks *to me* that they are doing everything they can to make sure their tools are in top shape to bring us the best products they possibly can... IE I don't think we will be seeing any issues about cavities being too small from worn out cherries or tools.

Myself, I bought the 5 cavity 452-200-SWC H&G 68 mould. It looked amazing and so well crafted, the big stainless pins and sleeves used for alignment were such a nice thing to see... all the chamfering around the entire mould block and even the sprue plate (no sharp edges or corners!). Such attention to detail is why these guys and their moulds are sought after. Its more obvious to me now, than ever... why this is where you should spend your money... pictures just don't do these things justice. Even down to the method of the pins for securing the handles... excellent and simple!

As I said, I also picked up a pair of their handles. They look very much like someone else's six cavity handles, but that's where the similarities end. These are laser cut with chamfers on all the edges that would usually be sharp from cutting in such a manner. They are steel, and not that sinstered steel stuff. Nice deep stain on the wood handles with stainless pins and brass ferrules to hold them there. Nice spring washer and lock nut complete the handles. They are of tight tolerances and operate very smoothly.

What else can I say? Made in America, with Pride. Al Nelson is obviously building a great business here and even when he was just starting out in a garage, has been bringing us great Moulds.

Pics? I may add them later... you guys have seen all of them already!

Very long post.... thanks for anyone who made it through.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	139231

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	139232
    Last edited by kalison; 05-11-2015 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Added pics

It's good Noe is getting all the praise they have lately, they deserve all of it and more. What i really like is the fact they just keep adding designs to the lineup and offering sales and group buys and...the list goes on!

Just got my 452-200 SWC in the mail. My second NOE mold. They are top notch!
    Your career doesn't define the man you are, what kinda Dad you are does!

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

I'm alway's happy to pull mine out of storage for a session.

Boolit Buddy

I just bought my first NOE mold too. I cannot believe the difference between it and the Lee round ball mold I have. This is one awesome fitting piece of work.

I hope to start casting next week.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Banned

You put into words very eloquently what I have seen first hand when I visited the shop.

You forgot to get one item of muchness importance. You forgot to get a packet of Lube Grooves!

I have some! I'll try to get a picture posted of them soon.

Boolit Grand Master

Had a chance to talk to Al for the first time yesterday. Humble and down to earth are very accurate. I was able to straighten out the order I had (that I botched online trying to get all the discount codes in). I cant wait to get the molds in. NOE now outpaces all the other molds on my shelf which include a good number of Accurate and MP molds as well.

Boolit Grand Master

I am on #7, and hoping to buy another half dozen as funds become available.
    Great molds!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

I can echo all of the above comments. I now have 3 NOE molds and will be buying more!
    PJ
    NRA Benefactor Member

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks for the report but no surprise to any of his loyal customers around here. I too had an opportunity to finally talk to him recently and it was a pleasure to do so. And yes, for the record I was calling to straighten out an error I made with an order. I ordered the wrong mould, if finances had been a little better I would have let it ride, lol.
    Last edited by TXGunNut; 05-10-2015 at 01:02 PM.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    My second mold is in my mailbox, but I'm not home to take it out. But, I ordered it on Tuesday and it was there on Thursday!!!
    USMC 6638

Boolit Bub
    With everyone's compliments about their quality and service is why I am on the buyers list for a new mold. After 36 years of bullet casting this will be my first mold purchased from a company other than Lee..RCBS etc. I wanted a 9 mm combo heavyweight and now I will have one.

Boolit Grand Master

Be very careful, NOE newbies. Custom and semi-custom moulds are addictive. Rumor is we have a 12-step program in place right here at CastBoolits........ but we can't get folks to come to meetings.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Bub
    Added pics, even though I sure everyone has seen them by now

Boolit Master
    Ain't they purrrdy? Now... set one of your Lee's next to it, careful, not too close. Admire the difference.

The optional temperature probes are nifty too.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.