Titan ReloadingWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking at Doppler radar unit to measure velocities

Boolit Master
    One thing to keep in mind with radar 'guns' that the latest tech should fix is that there used to be a big variance in readings on older radar guns with projectiles that are changing velocity.
    I used to work for a major league baseball team. We had our own radar gun, the latest and greatest at the time.
    We supplied a feed to the Scoreboard to display during the game.

The scouts and others in the stands with radar guns complained loudly that our readings were too high, until we finally added software to adjust our speed readings that we showed to the public.

It was not an issue with our radar gun, it was a difference in technology.
    Everyone else had older guns that could not pick up a base ball as quickly as ours, we were reading the ball out of the pitchers hand, the older guns did not get a lock as quickly and were reading a few MPH slower as the ball decelerated.

We did lots of testing with multiple calibrated guns to verify this.

Same reason you used to be able to 'beat' a cops radar if he opened up on you too far away.
    Get a chirp on the detector, stand on the brakes and you could slow down the car before the gun could lock up.
    Newer guns locked up faster so this would not work. Or better technique of ambushing prey at a closer distance.

Probably not relevant here, but I always found it interesting and many people think that a radar gun is a radar gun and they are infallible, and would all read the same.
    Not the case.

Boolit Buddy
    Have they begun to ship this unit? Anyone have one?
    I can not know what I don't know.

Boolit Grand Master

Received a notice yesterday I will not be receiving one this year. Probably a good thing because the money is better spent elsewhere. The email said a part was on backorder and they were looking at a Christmas timeframe for shipping. I'm hoping that the demand was greater than what they projected. If it's not because of this I'm not holding out much hope for one.

Boolit Grand Master

I started e-mailing and inquiring about this unit in may got some information then finally in august told I could order one for october delivry, no I too got this latest e-mail stating a part is on back order and christmas delivery roughly another 2 months. Im really wondering how much this company wants our buisness at this point.

Boolit Grand Master

I just recieved an e-mail from the US distributor, that the back ordered part was in stock again and I should recieve my unit in 30 days now.

Boolit Grand Master

Guess I'm further down on the list because I haven't heard anything from them

Boolit Master
    I received my unit in the first week of November and I love how easy it is to set up.

Boolit Grand Master

Ive been on the list since last july or so.

Boolit Grand Master

I'm setting on the fence on this. Waiting for some more hands on reviews. Looks very promising but what I currently have works well so it's just a want and not a need.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12