WidenersRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Repackbox Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Does Everyone Want Me To Watch Them On You Tube???

Why Does Everyone Want Me To Watch Them On You Tube???

I hate watching You Tube videos! The description always seems interesting. They're mostly boring and have very little worth while content. It takes 5 minutes to watch them and I always feel like I wasted that 5 minutes. So why does everyone want me to watch their videos all of a sudden? Are the OP's too busy to type whatever idea they want to get across? What's the deal here?

How about a sub-forum just for You Tube videos? That way I could just ignore them.

Thanks for reading, my ranting's over. Would you like to see a You Tube video of it?

Boolit Master
    I would never make you watch something on You Tube. Life is too short to even waste five minutes of it that you can never get back.

Dave
    Psalm 18: 28-49
    Psalm 144: 1-8

Boolit Grand Master
    I look at very few you tube videos. Mainly music or watching some automated Dillon 1050 working or some other gun or RC model video. Peoples videos of themselves??? Not hardly.

Boolit Master
    Youtube has its place. Describing mechanical actions or phenomena can be much harder than simply viewing a short video of the machine/process/problem.

The good news is that no one can make you do it.

They want you to watch on you tube because if your there in person they have to share the beer - duh
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Most of those people who are all over utube just like to hear themselves talk. "Oh.....look! I'm on TV! Watch me make a total fool of my video production skills" Big Deal.

Any moron with an iPhone can make a video. And you wonder why they do NOT have a buddy hold the phone rather than trying to do everything one-handed?!?!?!? Guess they have no buddies!!!!!

There are some VERY valuable videos there on how things work and how to fix things, but most are just bragging and BS. I rarely ever watch anything there anymore.

If posted by a reputable company, I will watch. Some bozo in his garage talking about how to cast or reviewing a gun "he just took out of the box"(?)...........not.

"Hello, YouTubers".........a phrase that makes my skin crawl.

My 2˘ worth.

Love Life
    Members are physically holding you hostage...at gunpoint, and forcing you to watch youtube videos? Is that what you are saying?

Moderator Emeritus

I like a 'well done' youtube vid.
    but sadly, that is a rare thing.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

Most of the U-Tubers are idiots. I watched a guy reload a 38 S&W with a near case full of Bullseye, then blow up a S&W top break, while bleeding he blamed the gun! Said it was a cheap piece of c**p. Yeah...right dude. No I don't watch them either.
    I did see a reloading video by Lee precision on using their little hand loader, the whack a mole one, It was amazing at how quickly the guy could turn out a loaded round....I mean he had some great hand coordination and had practiced doing it till he was quick at it. But most are just insane stuff...

Boolit Master
    I thought this was about people who make a post here on the board and have a video illustrating something, not YouTube as a whole. Am I mistaken?

Are you upset that the videos don't give you the answers you are looking for?
    Or are you upset that the videos that people make and post here, in an effort to help, are of poor quality?

Yes, specifically this site. I've only watched two that were worth it but, I normally just skip all of them now.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Some people are visual learners. I know I am. I can read it, I can be told a process, and I will probably struggle with the project. If I see something done, I can do it correctly almost immediately.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Moderator Emeritus

Like anything else in life. Take it with a grain of salt and if you can take something from it great, if not you will know in the first few minutes. I always verify any reloading info but I may look at different techniques, etc..

Boolit Master
    I almost always skip over youtube videos when people link them here. Fortunately it is easy to tell which to skip because of youtube in the url. The worst kind of videos are the talking head videos, someone reading from a script. I much prefer to read my news. video's are good for some how to's or action reporting.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Some people are visual learners. I know I am. I can read it, I can be told a process, and I will probably struggle with the project. If I see something done, I can do it correctly almost immediately.
    Same here with me. Gotta to visually see it done, written instructions don't mean anything. My wife, the school teacher, called it kinetic learning. On the subject of youtube, there is a lot of pretty good stuff out there, but the ones that get me are the " unboxing " videos. Some yo-yo will get a package of whatever he ordered, set his camera up and video the opening of his package and thinks the world is excited over what he got in the mail. Some people just don't have a lot to do.

The worst kind of videos are the talking head videos, someone reading from a script. I much prefer to read my news. video's are good for some how to's or action reporting.
    Ain't that the truth!

I can read a text twice as fast as the time it takes some airhead to mumble his way through it.
    Cap'n Morgan

Boolit Buddy
    I don't understand all of the youtube hate. My biggest gripe with youtube is that it is owned by google.

Other than that, there are a large number of educational and informative videos, large numbers of funny and entertaining videos, and astronomical numbers of absolute swill.

Take the good, leave the bad. It is not hard to do.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, at 60fps, a one minute video can be worth what? 3,600,000 words?

Boolit Master

So, I wonder how much time the OP wasted reading these responses? Kinda evens out, don't ya think.

Boolit Master

I don't watch many of them, but IMO it is easy and quick to decide if it is worth my time to watch one. If the topic isn't appear to be useful or starts out 'beating around the bush', I don't watch it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast