Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationWideners
Lee Precision

Thread: Removing the pressure screw nut from the pressure screw

Boolit Mold

Removing the pressure screw nut from the pressure screw

Hello All. I purchased a used Star lubesizer with bullet feeder and an air pressure system that had never been installed. It is not the Magma system but a one of the "home-made" pressure systems. (no critisizm, should work!). It uses the original pressure screw nut (the cap on top of the cylinder). However, I cannot remove the nut from the pressure screw as the top end of the pressure screw is slightly larger in diameter than pressure screw nut. It seems the only way I could remove the nut is to turn down the end of the pressure screw.

The Star appears to be an early original so perhaps later models were made differently? Any help suggestions would be appreciated. This is a great board and I have gleaned a lot of information from it!

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by izthebye View Post
    Hello All. I purchased a used Star lubesizer with bullet feeder and an air pressure system that had never been installed. It is not the Magma system but a one of the "home-made" pressure systems. (no critisizm, should work!). It uses the original pressure screw nut (the cap on top of the cylinder). However, I cannot remove the nut from the pressure screw as the top end of the pressure screw is slightly larger in diameter than pressure screw nut. It seems the only way I could remove the nut is to turn down the end of the pressure screw.

The Star appears to be an early original so perhaps later models were made differently? Any help suggestions would be appreciated. This is a great board and I have gleaned a lot of information from it!
    Solved!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ccessful/page2