MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWidenersSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: Is it just me..or was this stupid?

Boolit Master

Is it just me..or was this stupid?

Just saw an article on Boston bomber sentencing trial, defense called in 5 family members for "character witnesses" (at taxpayer expense no less) but one uncle was immediately sent back......he is on watch lists for being a known Chechen terrorist!
    My question is- if you're trying to get clemency for your client, why bring a terrorist in to testify to "good character"?
    If I were a trial lawyer I'd want to know details before I'd put names on the dog & pony show list so I wouldn't be sitting in court with egg all over my face from trotting in a disreputable witness. But that's JMHO.....
    An old Cherokee was teaching his grandson about life. "Inside me two wolves fight," he told the boy.
    "One is evil - he is anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity, resentment, lies, false pride, and ego. The other is good - he is joy, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, generosity, truth and faith. The same fight is inside you - and every other person, too."
    The grandson thought for a minute and asked,"Which wolf will win?"
    The old Cherokee replied, "The one you feed."

Boolit Buddy
    Sad truth is that the jury will never hear about that. The judge will keep that fact out of court.

Boolit Buddy
    What is even more stupid is that I read the American taxpayer is paying for the trips and 19 FBI agents as bodyguards.

wp
    NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor in Pistol, Advanced Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, PP In/Outside the Home, Metallic and Shotshell Reloading, Chief RSO

So what possible value is it to have a terrorist as a character reference? Seems a lot of dummies are involved in that trial.

"I believe in blowing people up, and I can tell you that Ishmael is a swell guy with his heart in the right place who hates all infidels.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Banned

and why would we send him....... back?

I'm 99% sure I wasted 10 years of my life and most of my body's joints now. [shaking my head]

Boolit Grand Master
    just helps drive the nail deeper
    sequestered they may be but it always seems to reach them
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often