Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
RotoMetals2RepackboxLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 6.5mm Mold Needed???

New 6.5mm Mold Needed???

Anyone else need a new 6.5mm mold? The NOE 270-163 FN will fit my military Swede perfectly comparing it to my pound cast slug. It will fit most military 6.5mm's like the 6.5x55, 6.5 Jap or 6.5 Carcano and is designed like an improved "Cruise Missile".

NOE has an ongoing inventory run of "out of stock" molds going on at 15% off. Be one of the first buyers to receive 15% off. Five buyers are needed to get an "out of stock" mold back in production and onto the shelves. Three buyers are signed up now for the NOE 270-163 FN mold during NOE's "inventory run" of "out of stock" molds. Two more are needed to start a production run of these. Below is a link to the buy.

http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index....pic,720.0.html
    Last edited by Yodogsandman; 05-05-2015 at 04:44 PM.

Boolit Master
    Only one more now.

Any more interested ? We only need one more.
    EDG

Woo hoo!!!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Yodogsandman View Post
    Woo hoo!!!

Chalk up another GB to a shameless plug, lol.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Just a public service, didn't want anyone to miss out. He he he

Boolit Grand Master

Exactly! I don't own a 6.5 but folks who do deserve a great mould to help feed it. Or maybe I thought this thread needed a shameless BTT just get a few more orders on the list, lol.

All kidding aside I like the profile of that boolit, looks like it was very well researched and designed, or so it seems to me from my extremely limited experience with this round.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

The 6.5x55 is an extremely accurate jacketed bullet round, even in the old war horse Mausers. I've had a bugger of a time with cast boolits, though. I think it's only fair to want to share in that frustration.

It's a nice caliber, high BC bullets and high sectional density. The Scandinavians use them regularly for moose. Because of the low recoil (14 ft/lb), it was a perfect caliber to start my kids out deer hunting with (pre-lever action). As a hunting round, it's a sleeper that just does the job.

I'm not quite sure who to credit for the 6.5mm "cruise missile". It was touted as being accurate in all the Mauser 6.5x55's, 6.5 Ariskas, and 6.5 Carcano's. I believe that 45.2.1 ran a group buy through Lee for this and they screwed with the design to suit their production requirements after the first initial run. Ruining the boolit's original balance in the process. I believe that this NOE boolit mold is the original dimensions. Remember the "300 yard milk jug" controversy?

Tx, you'd already have one if it were available in a lever.

Wish i had a 6.5, i'd help you out on this one. It is a good looking boolit!

Boolit Grand Master

Tx, you'd already have one if it were available in a lever. -Yodogsandman

Believe it or not I have a bolt gun or two (four?) but most shoot J-words so I don't talk about them much here. I quite honestly don't much care for the smaller rifle cartridges but the 6.5 is an exception. This little cartridge flies long distances and penetrates easily thru critters many "knowledgeable" hunters won't attempt without a big magnum. I'm simply not worthy of the performance available from this cartridge.

Boolit Master
    Yodog,
    thanks for bringing this to my attention. Just bought a pristine Swede from Larry G. and this bullet along with the 6.5. Kurtz should keep it fed.

I've been eyeing that NOE 6.5 Kurtz mold, too. Did Larry G's beloved 6.5 Kurtz mold come with the Swede?

I tried the Lyman 266469 (Loverin designed) but, it cast .004" too small (.266"). Accuracy was still in the 2 1/2-3" range at 100 yards with 10gr Unique.

Boolit Master
    Nah,
    I didn't try to push my luck. The rifle is about as nice as you can get in a 110 year old gun. The Kurtz mould is in the mail, dies, sizers and GCs are under roof and I have 200 pieces of virgin PPU brass to play with. Got 50 rounds of jacketed loaded for tomorrow or Wednesday; Sierra 85 HPs over 3031 (the Sierra Accuracy load).

I've never shot the 85gr Sierra's but, the Nosler Ballistic Tip 100gr and Hornady V-Max 95gr are tack drivers with IMR3031! On a heavier side, I get best accuracy with IMR 4831 with 140gr Hot Core Speers and 140gr Nosler Partitions and both shoot to the same P.O.I. with the exact same loading at about 2550 FPS (22").

That rifle is probably the most accurate military rifles, right out of the wooden crate, ever made! You'll have a ball!

last call !!!

Boolit Master
    Any idea if it will work in a 6.5 Creedmoor?

Boolit Grand Master
    I didn't sign on for this one, my Swede is a Ruger 77R with nice grooves at .264" but slower-than-normal 1-9" twist. It is a tackdriver with 140 grain spitzers at full value, and runs Lyman #266469 almost as well at 1500-1600 FPS. The longer Lyman 150 grain spire point didn't shoot quite as well, so I figured a 163 grainer would do worse in that slower twist.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Quote Originally Posted by NVScouter View Post
    Any idea if it will work in a 6.5 Creedmoor?
    I think there's a special NOE Creedmoor boolit mold made just for that.

EDIT: Wrong! I had it confused with the NOE 125gr for the 6.5 Grendel.
    Last edited by Yodogsandman; 05-31-2015 at 03:39 PM. Reason: correction

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 9.3X62AL View Post
    I didn't sign on for this one, my Swede is a Ruger 77R with nice grooves at .264" but slower-than-normal 1-9" twist. It is a tackdriver with 140 grain spitzers at full value, and runs Lyman #266469 almost as well at 1500-1600 FPS. The longer Lyman 150 grain spire point didn't shoot quite as well, so I figured a 163 grainer would do worse in that slower twist.
    My swede is a 1-9,it shoots everything.I have the 163grn NOE mold but it is made for mil chambers,I size the bore riding nose in a .258 sizer up to the first band and it shoots inside an 1'' all day at 100 pushing 1800fps. Pat

Boolit Master

I'd be in for a 4 cavity aluminum...

leadhead, you'll have to type that in over at the NOE site linked above in post #1. Be sure to say whether you want gas checked or plain base and aluminum or brass. There might still be time.