Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2Repackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 357 maximum

Boolit Master

Good CB caliber

I have had good results with the RCBS 200 gr. bullet in this caliber in a H&R handy rifle single shot. You can get an honest 1750 f/s with max loadings of H110 and 2400 powders. This is not too much shy of the .35 Remington. The accuracy has been very good.

My light loads in this rifle for short range plinking and squirrels shoot quite high of the open sights when they are sighted for the heavy load, that is my only quibble.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by GLL View Post
    Check out Bellm's comments on SAAMI chambert specs on the .357Maximum Contender barrels!

http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php?cid=120

Jerry
    That link is not working. Bellm says it doesn't exist.

Moderator Emeritus

GLL, RIP, was last on in 2016 and Belms site has crashed. If you google Belm and 357 max you can find Kurts his sons; store, or Mike who may have a current link.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    I've been using the Ranch Dog 359-190-RFGC for years now out of an 18" MGM Encore barrel in front of AA 1680 and it runs out at 1950 fps. It's accurate enough to hammer 1 quart oil bottles at 200 yards from a solid rest. 2.5-8x32mm Leupold Pistol scope. If you'd like to try some I can provide some for you.
    God gave us music that we might pray without words

Quote Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
    That link is not working. Bellm says it doesn't exist.
    Try this one on the Wayback machine. Once you click it takes a while to come up. It is going back in time to retrieve it
    https://web.archive.org/web/20101211...ex.php?cid=120
    " My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work."

Boolit Buddy
    I had one of these when they first came out back in the 80-90s? I was going to try deer hunting with it. It was a miserable SOB to shoot, and I traded off the barrel after only one time to the range. Probably should have kept the frame, but I ditched that to. Call me a wimp, maybe.

Boolit Master
    I had a 357 Max built on a Martini Cadet action some years back, My go to load is the 158 gr Lee R/F plain base cast, I have loaded this to 2,400 fps with groups in the 1 1/4'' outside edge to outside edge at 100 mtrs. I have used 140 gr 158 gr and 180 gr XTPs and all shot very well. I also modified a Lyman 156 gr GC semi wadcutter mould by removing all the lube grooves and coating the 172 gr cast it drops with HI-Tek coating as all my cast are. I am still trying to find a bullet this rifle does not shoot well. I intend to try this rifle on Red deer when this gift from China has run its course. Regards Stephen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12