Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load Data
WidenersRepackboxTitan ReloadingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: YIKES! What have I done to myself

Boolit Bub

YIKES! What have I done to myself

I have truly been bitten by the case reform bug. This all started when I "found" about 500 or so military 30-06 and what appears to be 25-06 (based on neck and mouth measurements), "what can I do with these?". My first was 30-06 to 308, I did these fast and somewhat sloppy. I don't want to confuse myself with different head stamp markings vs. what it actually is. I have since done a lot of reading, bought the "the Handloaders Manual of Cartridge Conversions", found some dies (to form in stages), bought an outside neck trimmer, watched annealing videos, headspace gages and looked at all kinds of dimensions of brass cases (SAAMI mostly). My brain is about to explode. I have 22-250, 243, 250 Savage, 300 Savage, 30-06 and 308 rifles. Sooo, 1 cartridge at a time. I am going to start with 22-250 from the 25-06 brass and go slowly and carefully. I am going to do the outside neck turning vs inside reaming as what the "..Manual" talks about. I will work up procedures, as I go along, that make sense (to me at least) and do this in a reasonable fashion and take notes. By the way I am retired and have all kinds of time on my hands and it keeps my brain active. I usually have about 5 or 6 projects going at the same time because that how it works for me (daytime ones, i.e. casting bullets, outside and nighttime ones, i.e. lube/sizing bullets, inside). I have 2 Herter presses (1 single, 1 dual) that are tanks and should hold up and a Rock Chucker.

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    Good for you. Few here have ever heard of the book. Having formed the cases, be aware that you may have to adapt reloading standard procedures also.

BvT
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

Boolit Master

Working on my second edition of that book. There are still many antique cases not included that you just have to figure out.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle