Inline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee PrecisionWideners
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPS and USPS

Boolit Master

UPS and USPS

I got some dies from Midway getting them shipped the most inexpensive way. The suprise today was the Mailman delivering at 10:00am a UPS package from Midway. When did the USPS start delivering packages for UPS?
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Boolit Buddy
    Its been going on for years. UPS and FedEx charge you $7.00 to deliver a package, they pay USPS $2.00 to deliver it for them and everybody makes money.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

At least you got your order. I.m waiting for delivery of a package shipped a week ago via FedX, tracking claims its out for delivery. Within the last hour watched the Fed X truck deliver a package to my next door neighbor and drive right by me. I live in a small town and only 1 Fed X truck delivers here.

We shall see what will happen.

From past experience, if the package was shipped via USPS I would have received it on Wed. at the latest.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

As HarryT says its a money saving thing so they have less big brown trucks in the neighborhoods. UPS gets it within about ten miles then hands it off to the USPS and it takes them another four days to deliver to your door. Part of why I opt for Fed Ex. GP

Boolit Master
    If anyone is shipping Fedex ground . You are paying them to drop with thePO. There are 2 types. FedEx ground which is the cheapest OR FedEx home delivery. . This One add money to the PO depending On the weight. FedEx will add up to $5.00 for weight and size.. If you access a Residential delivery . you get Home service. Just don't Click on that Button
    Sal
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

2nd trip up our street, got my package this time, via turtle time, FedX.

Boolit Grand Master

USPS final delivery can suck it. It adds at least an additional day. In most cases two to three. This is dependent on your USPS branch. But just think about it. UPS could be dropping it off at your house but instead they take it to the PO where it will be delivered the following day.

If you don't mind waiting then have at it. Tracking information dies when they hand it off to the USPS as well. To many things can go wrong.

Don't get me started on FedEx. A delivery from Amazon was shown as delivered and left on my porch yesterday. I'm assuming they delivered to the wrong house again. A second package from Amazon that was delivered UPS was on my porch like they always are. I'm very concerned because FedEx is scheduled to deliver a large powder order from Widener's today.

I really like when retailers allow you to choose the delivery service. I will never select FedEx. Amazon got some not so nice questions from me yesterday asking why they shipped FedEx. First time they've ever used them to send a package to my house. And it ended up like all the other ones, not there.

May hap Amazon drones will be better! LOL

Boolit Master
    As i can see everyone Has there Own Problem with shipping and receiving
    . . That's the way it Goes
    NRA Endowment Member

Boolit Master
    I like when they send it by post office when i am not in a hurry as the box is locked.

Boolit Master
    My experience with That is that FedEx Get you the Package In Very good shape Or as I ship it. When it gets to Th PO. It's wrecked in 2 days. you know the PO motto "Don'T throw over 30 feet.
    The Po have no Regard for yours Or anyone else's property. That's why there in Bad shape. and Now the Taxpayer is paying
    NRA Endowment Member

They are in bad shape because of the amount of monies they are forced to pay the government as ruled by congress which comes over and above their profits. Also because of the amount of junk mail they make no money on.

Folks need to see what other countries charge to mail packages & letters.

Boolit Master

It always amazes me when this happens. The UPS truck drives by my house on the way to the PO with my package which they then deliver to me in a day or two.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Grand Master

If the mail service in other countries is dependable, that may be why it cost more. Ours has progressed from amazing to not worth a darn,in just a few years. I have to re-deliver at least once a week. I'm sure my misdelivered mail, gets trashed.
    FedEx drivers are blind or can't read. I had misdelivered packages, both ways, over 5 times during Christmas. I watched him deliver, my stuff to a neighbor, several times.
    I can't complain personally about UPS. What they deliver is in much better shape than either of the other two, and their tracking works.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Last week I shipped 2 20VT once fired cartridges to Hornady for modification.

They were shipped in a bubble wrapped envelope weighing 1 OZ.

UPS charged me $11.44 to ship the package which also included a $2.20 fee for "DELIVERY AREA SURCHARGE"??????

Did the pony express charge that much to send a ONE OUNCE envelope 620 miles????
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    Ours has progressed from amazing to not worth a darn,in just a few years. I have to re-deliver at least once a week. I'm sure my misdelivered mail, gets trashed.
    Not to argue at all, but my service with the USPS is excellent to say the least. I use E-Bay usually on a weekly basis and get my packages normally within 3 days from anywhere in the U.S. & within 2 weeks from overseas.

For the number of pieces they handle on a daily basis I don't see how they do it as good as they do.

Boolit Grand Master

UPS and USPS

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    For the number of pieces they handle on a daily basis I don't see how they do it as good as they do.
    As much as it pains me I agree w/ this. The volume of mail they deliver is amazing. The fact that more pieces don't get lost/damaged is no small feat.

Where the USPS falls apart is parcel delivery. They do a fantastic job w/ letters. But they aren't set up to deliver heavy/bulky packages. They are the ones that set the max shipping weight for the flat rate boxes. But the mail carriers aren't equipped to properly handle these packages when at max weight.

It really depends on where you live as to what type of service you get. Apparently FedEx realized that I'm on "North" today and I received the package from Wideners. Amazon package still hasn't shown up.

I find FedEx's operation odd. Neither of the two packages were delivered from the hub by my house. The one from yesterday came from the hub about 45 miles away. And the one today was 25 miles away and is close to my place of employment. All packages from UPS come from the hub by my house. If drivers aren't familiar w/ the area it's going to cause more packages to go missing.

In Remembrance
    Jackson County, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory
    Most times, the UPS truck gets to the post office after the letter carriers have left on their routes.
    In my instance, the UPS truck would have to make an 11 mile round trip to deliver to my residence.
    Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund
    Freud

Boolit Buddy
    We all like to complain about the USPS but the Postal Department has an entertaining history. In its hundreds of years of operation, there have been many stories of heroism. Remember the U S Steamship Mail Service, Rail Mail Service, US Army Air Service, civilian Air Mail Service...lots of brave deliverymen back then. How about the stories of people mailing their children across the US or the man that mailed several tons of bricks to Utah. In the old days, the Postal Service was robbed by all sorts of infamous bandits (now its being robbed by politicians). Unlike the UPS or FedEx the USPS delivers to everyone in the US regardless of the distance or difficulty. I think the US Postal Service has been robbed of good employees and now has to accept the bottom of the barrel so as to be politically correct. Plus new technology has really knocked the USPS for a loop. Before computers, everybody wrote letters (lots of first class and air mail revenue) now the Post Office delivers mostly junk mail and parcels for UPS.

Boolit Grand Master

Well if the USPS didn't handle the junk mail, or publishers clearing house (same thing), what would the carriers need a bag for? Even if they don't profit from it, it keeps them working. I get junk mail delivered on the date requested, but it takes 43 days to deliver a package??????
    Companies no longer send out paper catalogues, and questionably mailing an order, has a lot to do with why it's happened.
    As a dept of the US, they were never supposed to make a profit. Now even the gov has disowned them. Raising rates sent everyone to the "free" internet.
    It costs little more than it did when common post cards were a penny delivered. The theory was the mail man had to be there anyway so it cost very little to add a post card to his delivery.
    The same would be true today since every mailbox gets a hand full of junk, the post card could take an almost free ride.
    If they cut local mail service to M W F they could cut the delivery cost by half, and we wouldn't have to check the box but half as often. I bet we would still get mail delivered with in one day of current time.. As for packages that has to be a money maker. Few take advantage of the weight limits like we do, and other than FRBs it cost a fortune to ship by USPS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast