Snyders JerkyWidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Share something that you remember.

Thumbs up Share something that you remember.

"Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Moderator Emeritus

I remember party line phones, black and white TV with the cabinet twice as large as the picture, tube testing machines in grocery stores, and honest politicians.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

I remember buying my first Colt revolver 22 when I was 16. My dad was pissed at me. Told me to take it back. That is when I learned that when you buy a gun, it is yours, there is no returns on firearms. That was 50 years age. I still have that revolver and shoot it. Can't prove it, but I bet there has been a million rounds down the barrel.

Boolit Master

That when the old man would come and say boys it time to get up and the next time if your feet hadn't hit the floor his belt would get you moving.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

I remember listening to the Green Hornet, Straight Arrow, The Shadow, Sgt. Preston of the Yukon, all on radio.

I remember our 1st TV in 1949/1950, not sure just which. Friday night fights that my older brothers had friends over to watch.

I remember the TV ad for "CALL FOR Phillip Morris" & "See the USA In Your Chevrolet", and lots more.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Grand Master
    I remember walking in the park, at night, without worrying about being hassled by the homeless.
    I remember having a nice dinner, in a restaurant, without having to hear people yacking on cell phones.
    I remember when I could buy a brick of .22 Blazer for $9.99.
    I remember when people would show respected for one a other.
    I miss the good old days.

Boolit Master

I remember 5 cent cokes, milk in glass bottles, and getting inside the house plumbing.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master

In 40 years, regardless of the state of the world, most will view these as the good old days.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Master

I remember as a 11 or 12 yr old going into bars with my shoe shine kit asking "shine Mr"? Kit was an old wood ammo box with a metal foot platform on it and all my different polishes and brushes in it. Many of the barkeeps would chase me out so I tried to keep a low profile. Made a few bucks that way!

Anybody else remember the fluoroscope machines in the shoe stores where you stuck your foot in and could see your foot skeleton? I did that so many times it's a wonder my foot hasn't fallen off from cancer.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Banned
    The Gillette razor commercials on the Friday night fights from Madison square gardens, Marlin Perkins Mutual of Omaha 20 mule team stories with Ronald Regan Sky King and Abbott and Costello The Little Rascals, Amos and Andy

Boolit Buddy

I remember my folks taking us to drive in and sharing a bag of popcorn for 6 of us. Great fun and a real treat.

Boolit Grand Master

DAd telling me its time to get to work A "hangover" isnt sick to get you out of days work. Seeing the deer and small game when working the fields. Fishing on a small farm pond or river bank. All those little memories I hope my Grand kids have also. Its not always the big trips events remembered but the little things That are there

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

I will guard everything within the limits of my post and quit my post only when properly relieved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by fecmech View Post

Anybody else remember the fluoroscope machines in the shoe stores where you stuck your foot in and could see your foot skeleton? I did that so many times it's a wonder my foot hasn't fallen off from cancer.
    I think it was Buster Brown shoes If I remember correctly.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master

I remember my first job working for the Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co. (A&P)
    I remember getting my first fishing reel at age 6 with one book of S&H Green Stamps. (I still have it and it still works, Berkley push button).
    I remember buying cigarettes, BBs and pellets when I was tall enough to put the money on the counter with no questions asked.
    I remember when men used to marry women.
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

I remember being raised in the military and moving at least once a year, sometimes more. I lived in Japan, California, Germany (Munich, Stuttgart and Dachau), New York, Georgia, Texas Kansas, Spain, England, Phillipines and all those places I visited with my Dad on TDY - Morocco, Rhodesia, Persia, Berlin, France and way too many others. It was a great adventure to a kid. I could care less about traveling now - probably been there anyway.
    As the training officer he could go to the armory and check out Thompsons, 45,s grease guns, etc and plenty of ammo. We could shoot all we wanted and no questions asked. You could do that in the 50's. My greatest thrill was sitting atop and tank and shooting a .50.
    Rank has its priveleges and we took advantage of it.
    Last edited by FISH4BUGS; 04-26-2015 at 05:32 PM.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Buddy

I remember seeing my Dad cry for the 1st time, as he said Grace at the dinner table, it was the day I enlisted.
    Livin' my dream in a little cabin on a mountain .....
    USN Vet 1972-1980, Retired CA Peace Officer, NRA Lifer
    Plank Owner - USS Jesse L. Brown (DE-1089) 17Feb73 / USS Kinkaid (DD-965) 17Jul76
    RIP Mom & Brother, you will never be forgotten & forever loved

Boolit Buddy

On base hair cuts that took about 5 seconds. And shots for one thing or another, seemed to be never ending.
    USA made shoes and work boots that lasted a long, long, long time. Also, first, second and third grade was in the same class room. My dad's aunt was the teacher, and he had her when he went to that school. Probably can still find the scars on my knuckles.

Ooooo-yeahhhhh, the good ole' days.

Boolit Master
    I remember a time when you could buy all the 22 rim fire ammo you might ever want to shoot..

Boolit Master

200 miles south of the center of the United States
    I remember going goose hunting in the morning, staying as long as possible. Then roaring to high school and leaving my shotgun at the front office with the secretary so it wouldn't be stolen out of my car. No big deal back then.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast