Boolit Buddy

Hot glue bullets ?

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/hand-lo...msg1098695843/

anyone ever done this?
    is it a flea-fart load?
    is it a 20-40 yrs paper puncher?
    would it knock a squirrel silly ?

would it wreck a rifle?

On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

Boolit Bub
    They're supposedly good for pest control in the backyard, I've been wanting to try it in a 357. Just a primer, no powder. I read somewhere (here I thought, a while back) that they'll penetrate a cardboard box at a decent distance, maybe 20 yds or so

Banned

they'll penetrate a box with no problem.
    glue sticks and gluelits will shoot with some good oomph.

I was mucking about with 312 diameter glue sticks and sr magnum primers in my 30 carbine revolver and shot through 2" of Styrofoam, our roll down garage door and cracked the headlight on the wifes Malibu.
    you gotta watch what you are doing I think is what she was screaming..

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    I have been CASTING HMG boolits in my standard 6 banger Lee molds for al long time. Fun to shoot and pretty accurate. Use PAM as mold lube in the cavities and ice cubes rubbed along the bottom to COOL the mold. You do NOT want a hot mold. When done, just wipe the PAM out, heat mold to full casting temp on a hotplate and start dropping perfect Pb boolits.......grease/oil does not cause wrinkles. Cold molds do.

They will definitely go thru cardboard at 25 or so feet!!!!!!!!

I shoot them in revolvers AND long guns all the time. Semi's will not cycle, so you have to cycle each round manually. HMG when cast to spec size does not leave anything behind in the barrel. Cannot say the same for pieces just lopped off the stick and stuffed in a cart. HMG will not ruin your molds or guns.

I use 1-1.5G of fast powder behind them for some punch. In big cases (38SPL and 45LC) I use a tiny bit of Dacron to keep the small amount of powder back against the primer.

Very quite. About like slamming a couple text books together.

For more fun/power, drop a bb or sling shot ball in the nose of each cavity and cast it in. And a teeny bit more powder.

Have fun.

Boolit Buddy
    THANK YOU GUYS,
    im thunkin I've just found my perfect outback/yard fun round for my 30-30 and H&H 243,

Boolit Buddy
    whhooops

IF and i say IF,, you fire from just a primer,
    and you fire a second,
    and the first didn't clear the barrel,,,is this a BAD DEAL like a normal powdered round?
    will just a primer do damage? throwing that second glue gun round into the first?

just asking for saftys sake,

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    With primer only or ultra-lite load, getting an HMG slug stuck is nothing like having PB stuck with a full powder load!!!!!! I have had them stick and the 2nd one just goes nowhere. I ram-rod them out and go back at it. Using cast-to-diameter HMG is far better than just hunks of glue stick. Better, more accurate fit.

At those very light loads (and the flexability of HMG) you should have no problems.

I never have.....after many hundreds of rounds fired.

If you are concerned, shoot wax. There are formulas for "shooting wax" around. You just stuff the case cookie-cutter style down in a pan with 1" deep hardened wax and then prime and shoot. If you prime 1st, you will not get the wax to stay in many times. The air pushes it back out. Do not use plain parrafin......too crumbly and brittle.

Banned

as a good fyi primer.
    there is a good write-up with pictures and a bunch of ideas in the sticky section.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    as a good fyi primer.
    there is a good write-up with pictures and a bunch of ideas in the sticky section.
    thank you