Load DataRepackboxSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sellier & Bellot Primers?

Just my experience but the large pistol could not be seated with my Lee hand prime. Tried both speer and winchester 45 acp brass and starlineg 10mm. Did not make sense to me how can the brass have small prmer pockets and the primers be over sized. Primed almost 3000 pieces with Remington and federal primers with no problems.

Boolit Buddy

Sellier and Bellot primers. Anything about them different from USA stuff?

A local place will be having S and B primers on sale, in "limited quantities" soon for like $17 a thousand. Always have used Winchester and CCI because the Lee hand primer I use says to in my instructions. But at $17 a thousand I may try to snag some. European primers I'm told are sometimes a little different in dimensions or hardness. Anyone have experience with the S and B product who would care to comment? Thanks as always. Don

Boolit Master

All the brands will be different. You may like them better or you may not like them at all. I have used them and have been pleased with them. So far they have all gone bang when they should. At that price I would get them.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

In Remembrance

I use them. They all go bang. No trouble with them but you may have to work your load up for them.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Boolit Buddy
    Yeah the price is very good. And if needed, I can prime on my press instead of with the hand primer. "While supplies last" always makes me suspicious too. Might be like trying to snag .22 LR nowadays. Thanks. Don

Boolit Master

At that price it is worth working up loads for it.
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master
    100% success on the 2000 i have shot... They go bang.

Boolit Buddy
    Well I got there early (a blowout sale I think they called it) and snagged 2000 small pistol and 1000 large pistol primers for $57.31 out the door. I look forward to trying them out. Thanks for the help. Don.

Well, I went, I got 4,000 primers that I wanted. LP and SR were already gone when I got there (8:05)... probably the guy with 10,000+ in his basket. At 8:15 they restocked... no more LPs, I snagged a box of SRs and left.
    The 9mm ammo at $11 a box was leaving by the shopping cart load. It was not quite Black Friday-esque.

mike
    I saw this in a cartoon once. I'm pretty sure I can pull it off...

Boolit Mold
    I picked up a few thousand S&B SP primers at about 3:00 AM Saturday. Checked back for a friend at 8:00 PM and they were sold out of the SP primers.

Cabela's in Dundee Michigan had them on sale Saturday for 17.99 per thousand.

Cabela's should have put a limit on them. Glad they didn't though, I picked up 20k. The 9mm was going faster than the primers.

Boolit Grand Master

I bought 5K SPP at Graf's for $116. I've used them in my 14-4 and they go bang. No problems seating them either, they appear to be about the same as others in this application
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Mold
    Let us know about your experience compared to the Winchester.

Boolit Grand Master

I want to try some of these as the ammo they make is very clean. Don't know if it primers or powder, or both doing this.

There is some old threads about S&B primers. Read those and you'll have your answer.

Boolit Master
    I want to try some of these as the ammo they make is very clean. Don't know if it primers or powder, or both doing this.
    I have shot some miraculous PMC 40SW ammo. The spent cases looked like they were wet-tumbled, inside and out! I bet this has more to do with the powder than the primer, but who knows?

Interesting take on measuring these little sheet metal things. It seems someone should chime in and say that since the primers were made in Europe, they were made using the metric system that our government has decreed to be much more precise than the old fashioned decimal system. I worked in a gage lab that was 2nd only to the bureau of standards in Washington DC. I calibrated many optical comparators and none that was used in our A bomb plant at the time was certified better than .001. Thats right folks, about like plastic vernier calipers. When you have as many moving parts on a machine, they must all return to the original "0" and I'll opine that when you start moving and changing the optics on these beasts for greater magnification that is one mess. I understand that you should use the same magnification from start to finish but then you are using scribed lines on the screen and different peoples vision. Like I said, almost as precise as a plastic vernier. I think the engineer with the mikes did a fantastic job and he should be congratulated for the work and for sharing. I have written this with tongue firmly in cheek, so let's' all let it go now and enjoy cheap primers for a change.
    Every time I'm about to do something, I think "Would an idiot do this?" and if he would, I do not do that thing

Boolit Master
    was at Cabelas today a hundred mile trip away but we were only a few blocks away for other reasons they had them for 19.99 I bought 3k, good to hear most people have no problem with them I am not asking a lot book starting load in a 40 and 9mm and 3 inch plate at 30 feet accuracy with a load that already does it primer will be the only change I got 3k for less than the price of 2k of the Winchesters , and they were out of cci small pistol

I have my next 3k in components waing to be assembled now and a load that I am liking a bunch I only make 2-300 at a time any way incase I wan to ry something else if these work good for me I can see buying a hole bunch more

Boolit Buddy
    I bought 4k when they had that sale in early May. I've only loaded up a couple hundred so far, but seating has been as easy as CCI with mixed brass (9mm) on my LCT and they've all gone bang so far. I know that's a small sample, but so far so good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast