Load DataReloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Losing my mom soon.

Boolit Master
    Just reading over these posting and Praying for TXgunnut and all that understand. God Bless !! Teddy

Boolit Grand Master

Turns out yesterday was a pretty good day. Thanks for all the kind thoughts, I know many of you know exactly how I feel. And yes, they never really leave up. My dad shows up in my dreams now and then. Often he walks into a room, looks around and leaves. Other times we plan a trip together. He was a true road warrior, could drive long hours including some trips in very bad conditions.
    My mom was very thoughtful and well-read. Towards the end of her life she was unable to read due to failing eyesight and I know that bothered her.
    Yes, they have gone on to a better place but they are still around. They both help guide my decisions and my dad is my co-driver on every road trip.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    That you miss them and think of them shows your love for them . Shows they were good parents . They knew you loved them , heck they still know you love them . Just rambling but what will happen when I at last get to see my folks again ? It will be beyond an amazing experience and GOD will be there . There is a great reunion coming , I don't know the details but it will be completely unbelievable . I look forward to it but till then there is work to do .

Boolit Grand Master

Yes, Boaz, we still have work to do. For some we know their work here is done. I can't imagine this great reunion but have given it some thought. Material and worldly things will no longer matter, will have to find other discussion topics. That, in itself, is mind-bogging if you think about it.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Moderator Emeritus

Amen to THAT! All the cares of this world will pass away, and the scales will be removed from our eyes, and for the first time, we'll see clearly, love completely and hear precisely. I doubt we even HAVE the ability to do that until the cares of this world are removed from us. I'll get to see my grandad that I only got to see twice, the last time when I was 3, and my grandmom who died long before I was even thought about, and all my ancestors back to 1763, and probably earlier (that I don't even know about). Who among us can even imagine that, really?

Young people typically fear death because they have so many wants and aspirations within them. Older men, if they've been effective in life and used their time fairly wisely, kind'a settle back and enjoy the ride if they're smart enough to realize what really matters. And it's SO wonderful to be able to do that! I can't really conceive of a place where there's no yesterday or tomorrow, only what IS. But that doesn't mean it's not there and real. We have indications, but can't really fully grasp even the concept. Some things, we just have to wait on. And I think a loving God made it that way because He knows so much more than we do ... or can.

Boolit Grand Master

Tomorrow marks the first anniversary of the day my mom quit suffering. Last weekend was the last of the "firsts"; first Thanksgiving, first Christmas, first birthday, first Mothers' Day. First spring. I couldn't buy any strawberries this spring. Last year I'd buy a pint and drop by the nursing home and share them with her. She loved those strawberries and it was fun watching her enjoy them.
    So many of us have lost loved ones in the last year. So many of you have supported me and I want you to know you will remain in my thoughts and prayers as you go through your own "firsts".

Boolit Master

My deepest and most heart felt sympathy.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

"They are never really gone as long as you remember!"

What Banger said.

Bill
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

TXgunNut,
    My deepest condolences on the loss of your mother. Your mentioning the "strawberry" tradition touched me. Please consider continuing the tradition with one or each of the kids/grandkids. It's an opportunity to share your memories with the next generation. My personal experience has shown, the kids are fascinated with the stories, while keeping the memory alive. (but then again I've always been good at "spinning a yarn").
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Lord please comfort and strengthen this family as a beloved mother is walking the final path toward heaven. Lord none of us have the power to doing thing but really trust in Jesus to come when her mansion is finished. Comfort her and the family
    In Jesus name
    Amen

Moderator Emeritus

TxGunNut, I lost both of my parent quite a few years ago now...but a day rarely goes by that I dont think of them. I always tell people that lose a love one that they are still there to answer your questions if you just listen. You parents raised you right and your answers will be answered through the principles that they taught you......I still miss them as you miss your parents......just celebrate their lives through the ways they taught you to set a good example for others. Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

I caught this thread a little late. TXGunNut I will pray for your comfort and as I read the posts I realized I will be experiencing your pain in the near future. If you need anything I believe I am not too far, just holler.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Master
    Sincere Prayers for Love, Mercy, and Faith. The Bond between Moms and Sons is special...

Dale

Boolit Grand Master

We buried my mom on 05/15/2015. On 05/15/2016 I was hanging (hiding) out in the clubhouse at the range and another member came in and almost collapsed in tears. It seems I was the spitting image of her husband, lost last year. I touched her hand and she sensed that someone was on mind. I couldn't tell her but will soon. God works in mysterious ways. I want to know about her husband. Maybe I'll be strong enough to tell her about my mom.

Perma-Banned

Sorry that I read this so late...and I am genuinely sorry for your loss. I went through your exact ordeal, 2 yrs ago, with my Mother. GOD bless you and your family.

Please let me say that I genuinely feel your pain. My mom passed 5 years ago the 29th of July. She was 86. Dad passed when I was 19. Dad was 48. You've made the "first" year. In my mind I always think that's the hardest.

My wife lost her Mom almost 2 years to the day after my Mom passed. She was in her mid 80's. She was mid 20's when her Dad passed.

All I can say is hang in there. You never forget them. But with time the pain gets easier to handle.

Condolences,
    Victor
    Be careful,
    Victor

Life member NRA

Moderator Emeritus

TxGunNut, I am very sorry to hear of your mother's passing. She obviously was a great one, or you wouldn't mourn her so. But I promise, Moms and Dads NEVER really "leave us." They're always right there, in our hearts and minds, and mine still whispers in my ear whenever I need it. Dad just lets that challenging gaze of his fall on me, and I sense his presence. She's just not there in the same WAY as she was previously. But she's still "there," all the same. Stay strong, and make her proud. That's what she'd tell you if she could. So like Nike says, "Just do it."

I am truly sorry for your loss. I have lost my grandparent, parents, all aunts, uncles and siblings. I am truly the last man standing and that is a very lonely feeling.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Mold
    I'm new to this forum, but I am not new to losing a mama. I will pray for you and your family. Sounds like you have pretty much gotten your mind right. I lost mine unexpectedly at 66 when I was 45. If you feel the need to express yourself, I am available and will be glad to give you my personal email or cell to text. I am a Christian but not a fanatic. I feel connected to anyone facing losing a parent. I am an only child, but even now, at 52, it comes back hard.

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks, all. First year is indeed hard, thanks for the kind words. I knew my posts would bring back some fond memories. I hope in the coming years I'll be able to concentrate on more pleasant memories.
    Welcome to the forum, Bobbywrocks. Thanks for the prayers and offer to talk.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast