RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Losing my mom soon.

Boolit Master

I pray for the comfort of GOD on you and your family, I pray for your mothers pain and suffering to be under control. Keep us posted. USMC87

Boolit Grand Master

Well, she's still with us. Never seen her get in much of a hurry to do anything so don't really expect her to start now. She seemed very uncomfortable tonight, praying she finds some comfort and sleep tonight.
    Got one doc motivated (don't ask) and added a doc who's a family friend to the team today. Other docs seem pleased to have latest doc on the case, all seem to be playing nice but I'm keeping my big stick within easy reach.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Prayers for her and you.
    Whatever!

The Lord give you & her grace. Where much is needed, much is given. We serve a Wonderful God.

Boolit Grand Master

Prayers of pain relief and peace for you and family

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks again, all. Pain management adjustments made today and seem effective. Still more questions than answers but new doc is in aggressive pursuit and seems to be closing in. Good to have a new sheriff in town, even if all we get is the satisfaction of knowing we did all we could do.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Moderator Emeritus

TXGunNut, Remember that God is working through your mother's new doctor....May God guide the knowledge and hands of your mother's physician and may he ease your mother's pain and suffering...and may He bring peace to your mother and your family.....Amen
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Hate to hear about your mom. I'll be praying for her and all the family. Hoping the new doc can do something for her.

Boolit Grand Master

New doc (my doc) gave us the info we needed today, he recommended hospice care. Mom's doc wouldn't give us a straight answer so I brought in my doc. He offered to consult during my appointment with him last Friday. He joined the case, read the chart carefully and ordered some tests. He gave us his findings today and we now know that we've done everything that can be done for her according to her wishes. Without his efforts we'd possibly be looking back six weeks or months from now wondering if we did everything we could have done.
    Hospice care started this afternoon, she'll actually stay in the same unit with the same excellent nurses. Only thing that's changed is the treatment goals and methods. Today was a tough day but I'm thankful that we have her living will/directive to physicians to guide our decisions. Hospice coordinator is a good person, made a tough time tolerable and we even had a few laughs.
    Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers, they've given me and my sister the strength to face this challenge and do what we need to do.

wondering if we did everything we could have done.
    You do the best you can, don't punish yourself with guilt and keep the good memories close.
    Whatever!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    You do the best you can, don't punish yourself with guilt and keep the good memories close.
    x2,
    prayers are with you

Boolit Buddy
    Hospice care people do great work with helping thru a very hard time in life decisions!
    Lost my wife's mother last year, and thank them for their help.

Boolit Grand Master

I have one aunt left on each side of my family. One is 94 and the other celebrated her 100th BD last month.
    Both my Mom and Dad passed, at home, holding my hands. It was both a blessing and heartache when it happened. A blessing because I could be there, had time to say goodbye, and comfort them, in their final journey. A terrible heartache because it means I now have only memories, of a lifetime, of guidance and love.
    TXGunNut, Use the remaining hrs to reconcile differences, and love the family you have left. As each one passes your time together is lost. At every opportunity, embrace each other as if it were the last time. Our prayers are with you, and yours.

Moderator Emeritus

mold maker summed it up the best......still praying for you, your sister, and your mom!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks, all. Headed south as soon as floodwaters recede a bit. Yes, hospice folks are great. She's still hanging on, somehow. She's no fighter but she's one stubborn little lady.

Hospice care can be wonderful. My mom had hospice care for the last month she lived, and it was a Godsend. I will never forget the nurse that thanked me for letting her take care of my mother.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Grand Master

I couldn't be a hospice nurse. I don't know who they pour their hearts out to but I'm not sure I could be that person either. My sister is a nurse and put in her time in a nursing home while working towards her RN. She's seen her share of death. She's been a real trooper and has taught my mom's nurses a thing or two (she teaches nursing) but when the end comes I'll get the call. I'll take care of business and keep things together but it takes a lot out of me. I told the hospice coordinator that we're getting better at this end-of-life process but it hasn't gotten any easier.
    My dad knew there were worse things than dying and when that time came he was gone. He died the day he was to start hospice care. My mom has dug in her heels and hung on for days, actually weeks, some day when my worldly life is over maybe I'll ask her why. Some folks wait for someone or something before they go, no idea what she's waiting for.
    A word to the wise, a seemingly unconscious person is quite often quite aware of what is being said and who is present in their hospital room. When my brother came to visit I took her hand and asked her to squeeze it, then told her to squeeze my brother's. She did, even tho she didn't seem to be conscious. My brother learned a lesson the hard way when he mentioned something about me clearing out her room at the nursing home, lol. She was quite upset, she knew she was dying but didn't want me boxing up her stuff, lol.
    Good night all, thanks again for the thoughts and prayers. That truly does mean a lot to me.

Give your mom a hug .from me Please.. Also Give her 3 from you. Prayers out to you and your mom

Boolit Grand Master

Well, our prayers were answered early this morning. My mom left this world and her suffering behind. It was a rough day as many of you can relate but we ended it on a good note. We picked up some huge cookie trays and thank-you cards to drop off at the nurses' stations of the hospital and nursing home. There truly are angels among us, I met a few thru my mom.

Boolit Master
    Our prayers are out to you for your loss.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast