Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationWideners
RotoMetals2RepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meet The Owners - ETR7 Expansion Industries

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance

Meet The Owners - ETR7 Expansion Industries

I drove down to Expansion Industries in Lynchburg, VA while in Virginia and purchased my powder and some S&B primers. The fella in the red shirt, Bob, is the owner.
    Their complete operation is in one room at a small strip mall office complex
    * Note that each of the individuals has a laptop in front of them. Presume each works on the Internet orders
    * Asked the fella at the rear of the picture, whose powder they were selling: "We buy it from an international laboratory." Is it Maxum? No reply
    * I asked why the increase in price from $16 to $18 dollars. Was told because we were loosing money. When I gave the fella in the back my credit card, he put a Square card in his cell phone and swiped my card. Square charges 2.5% for each Credit card transaction. So their increase in price covered each Square fee plus shipping
    * I asked the guys to use their bathroom cause I had a full bladder from the drive. Bob, the owner, quickly replied ... "The owners of the office only allow employees to use the restroom" Ya sure ... and no doubt the rest room area is their supply room with empty plastic containers and bulk powder where they repackage it into their powder jugs for sale
    * On the wall they had targets for each of the ETR7 calibers list. The target groups were all shot at less than 25 feet
    * Under the targets on shelves - they had an ample supply of their powders, primers and ammunition

Overall, the fellas were friendly with the conversation I had with them - said Good Bye and was one my way

On the window of their one room, Suite B office, was listed also... We Buy Gold plus Firearms Permits Issued
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master

Small businesses have to start someplace. Good luck to them, maybe in 20 years they will be the same size as Hodgdon.

Boolit Mold
    Interesting. I read about their powder on another forum. May try some when my Clays runs out. Keep us updated with load reaults.

Boolit Grand Master
    Hodgdon started in the surplus powder business. Look at them now.
    Good luck to these gentlemen.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Grand Master

Cant say ive heard anyone complain about the powder. At $18 its still a good deal. I hope they become the facebook of powder
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    I have shot a lot of loads in 9mm thru 45LC and 223/30-30 plinking with this stuff. TiteGroup load data is very close. Cleanest I have ever used. No complaints. More power (and powder) to them as a small business, The company I own is a small engineering business. Guys like us are the backbone of this nation.

Just ordered more powder from them now that it is back in stock.

Boolit Mold
    Stay away from this company!!!!!

I bought 1000 rds of ammunition on 4/23/16 at the Dulles gun show. They were offering a good price however you could only pay in cash. Uncharacteristic of me, I fell for their con job and placed an order. It is now 3 mos later I have yet received my order. I have tried to contact the company over 100 times via phone and the website. No one answers, their phone goes to voice mail and the website contact goes to a black hole.

I filed a claim with the BBB but the company does not respond, incidentally, they have an F rating with the BBB. My only recourse at this time is to file in small claims and to warn others. Buyer beware!

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you Pistol Grip for the info. Your not the first to have complaints on this site. Bad business spreads faster than lightning.

Boolit Mold
    I placed an order in December 2015, got nothing but a runaround on the order, but they processed my credit cardreally fast. Finally had to stop paymenton my credit card, they never replied to anything after that.Poorly run business, with extremely poorcustomer service. Nothing but excuses time and time again... I will never purchase from them again.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I placed an order in December 2015, got nothing but a runaround on the order, but they processed my credit cardreally fast. Finally had to stop paymenton my credit card, they never replied to anything after that.Poorly run business, with extremely poorcustomer service. Nothing but excuses time and time again... I will never purchase from them again.
    That mirrors my experience. Credit card charge back was the only method for me.

Boolit Grand Master

Powder good, company not so much. Ive posted on them before. Float a great price and charge your card and a few weeks later call you to say they need to charge you shipping cause "they cant fix the website to show it is not included". My 4yr old granddaughter can update a website.

Use Powder Valley, 3rd Generation, Grafs etc. Too many good companies out there to waste time with this bait and switch operation.
    Last edited by jonp; 08-01-2016 at 07:28 PM.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy

This is not a company to do business with. Bait and switch as described above, double billing, sent me LR primers instead of LP. They told me they never had LR primers to sell, baloney. Would not resolve it. These people are snake oil salesmen.

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Powder good, company not so much. Ive posted on them before. Float a great pricen chatge your card and a few weeks later call you to say they need ti charge you shipping cause "they cant fix the website to show it is not included". My 4yr old granddaughter can update a website.

Use Powder Valley, 3rd Generation, Grafs etc. Too many good companies out there to waste time with this bait and switch operation.
    They pulled the same with me I cancelled the charge and then the threatened me with some sort of CC issues. Glad I didn't get fully taken like a lot of folks

Boolit Master
    Wow I was planning to stop by the shop the next time I drove around that area to pick up some powder , I generally go out in the fall .

Vendor Sponsor

In person you MIGHT get what you went for! Be sure and let us know..
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by toallmy View Post
    Wow I was planning to stop by the shop the next time I drove around that area to pick up some powder , I generally go out in the fall .
    If you have the time to go by in person, it appears to be good powder at a great price. I just don't put up with poor customer service and excuses when I work in IT and know that it could be easily fixed. They've been using that "website charge issue" for a long time now....

Boolit Master
    on my way out to see the leaves changing in the mountains , I'm planning a stop . Will inform when I do . And will discuss the ordering and customer service as well .

Boolit Master

My experience with them was horrible as well!! I refuse to do business with companies that have integrity problems, there are too many to do business with that do have integrity. It just boggles my mind when companies don't understand customer service is everything in acheiving long term success.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    I have had nothing but excellent service from them on 3 orders. Too bad they are going that way. Customer support and service are key today.

Excellent clean burning powder....the best I have ever used. I just hope they wise up and shape up - - - as they provide an excellent product.

banger

Banned

I would not spend a dime with those slime-balls.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast