Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meet The Owners - ETR7 Expansion Industries

Boolit Master
    Yup! Word gets around nowadays!
    Look twice, shoot once.

Boolit Grand Master

W/ powder being available again why would anyone even bother w/ them? They happened to acquire a large quantity at an opportune time. They then blew their chance to establish themselves as a reputable business.

Besides the poor customer service, who is actually making the powder? Is it being made with the type of care and expertise that the large trusted companies that have been producing powder for decades are doing? What if there is a bad mix, and they just say, oh well and don't do a recall? Who compensates you for blowing up your gun or burning your house down? Personally, I don't think it's worth the risk, but one guy on here thinks it's the BEST POWDER EVER and says so EVERY time there is a discussion on it; which seems very odd to me.
    Last edited by Prospector Howard; 07-30-2016 at 12:02 PM.
    Never in history has there been a situation so bad that the government couldn't make it worse.
    A foolish faith in authority is the enemy of the truth.

Boolit Grand Master

There is no need to worry about the quality of the powder. It's simply a relabel job on their part. They don't make it.

Relabled from what powder and manufacturer?
    Never in history has there been a situation so bad that the government couldn't make it worse.

Boolit Grand Master

ETR7 is Maxam CSB-1. All this information is out there. A lot of it on this very forum. There are only a select few smokeless powder manufacturers.

Thanks, dragon. As I recall Maxam is big in the shotgun shell arena. I never needed to go looking for new pistol powders as I stocked up on Bullseye and Unique before the madness and didn't need to research replacements.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    ETR7 is Maxam CSB-1. All this information is out there. A lot of it on this very forum. There are only a select few smokeless powder manufacturers.
    This is what I have found as well, and from all I can tell it *is* a great powder. But again, we aren't in shortage situation anymore and poor customer service rarely gets repeat business. If they had their act together I'd be sitting on 16lbs right now instead of 0.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    If you have the time to go by in person, it appears to be good powder at a great price. I just don't put up with poor customer service and excuses when I work in IT and know that it could be easily fixed. They've been using that "website charge issue" for a long time now....
    The powder is fine and use Titegroup data to start. It's a little slower than Titegroup but not much. I don't care for the business end and won't buy from them again. Others may have better luck with them than I did. It left a bad taste in my mouth and the powder, after the shipping charge, was not any cheaper than buying Titegroup itself.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Mold
    These guys are a joke. Have tried to do business with them several times and same results. What makes it really bad is the owner (Richie Smissen) claims to be a Christian and even was the speaker at a men's event I went to. He shared a good message, but then you find out how the guy really is... Completely blew his testimony with all kinds of people. Stay away from these guys. Bad news....

I have mulled ordering from them, but factoring in the shipping and hazmat it only makes sense if I order in quantity, and that is a tough sell for an untested product from a company with somewhat a mixed customer service review. That and I think I have like 8# of genuine Titegroup and same in Unique so can't find any good reason to spend the money for pistol and I'm good on rifle powder similar to theirs.

Glad the shortage is over, and I bet during shortage there were at least some people that were really glad to get some of that Expansion Industries powder. Not factoring in CC fees was silly, as is not having the web site work to calculate full order.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Quote Originally Posted by Walla2 View Post
    This is not a company to do business with. Bait and switch as described above, double billing, sent me LR primers instead of LP. They told me they never had LR primers to sell, baloney. Would not resolve it. These people are snake oil salesmen.
    It's funny that you say that when you look at their website they only list Large Pistol And Small Pistol and no Rifle primers.
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    I have mulled ordering from them, but factoring in the shipping and hazmat it only makes sense if I order in quantity, and that is a tough sell for an untested product from a company with somewhat a mixed customer service review. That and I think I have like 8# of genuine Titegroup and same in Unique so can't find any good reason to spend the money for pistol and I'm good on rifle powder similar to theirs.

Glad the shortage is over, and I bet during shortage there were at least some people that were really glad to get some of that Expansion Industries powder. Not factoring in CC fees was silly, as is not having the web site work to calculate full order.
    Are they still blaming the website for that issue? It could've been fixed easily if they chose. I sat for 6 weeks waiting for an order before I issued a charge back, couldn't even get a refund from them. Won't be bothering to try again.

Thanks Yall!

Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    I have shot a lot of loads in 9mm thru 45LC and 223/30-30 plinking with this stuff. TiteGroup load data is very close. Cleanest I have ever used. No complaints. More power (and powder) to them as a small business, The company I own is a small engineering business. Guys like us are the backbone of this nation.

Just ordered more powder from them now that it is back in stock.
    Who are you trying to kid? Guys like you built this nation!
    When the International Industrialist have finished raping this country...it will be guys like you who 'rebuild' it too!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

It's really too bad, as it is a very good powder. Hopefully when the need arises, i can get some of the CSB powder from another vendor and use it in its place. The customer service side of Expansion has unfortunately sealed its fate, I think. WAY too many people having to resort to charge backs to get refunded after non delivery and no response from the company.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    Are they still blaming the website for that issue? It could've been fixed easily if they chose. I sat for 6 weeks waiting for an order before I issued a charge back, couldn't even get a refund from them. Won't be bothering to try again.
    I'm also interested in whether they have "fixed" their website yet or not. Since it has been the best part of a year if they have not then that confirms my impression of a bait and switch operation.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I'm also interested in whether they have "fixed" their website yet or not. Since it has been the best part of a year if they have not then that confirms my impression of a bait and switch operation.
    Looks like they are at least notifying customers now. Not sure why this hasn't been fixed on the shopping cart as every other powder seller I know has this built in.

per website " We will call and have to charge a separate 28.50 hazmat charge per DOT regulations"

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Grand Master

Well at least they are telling people although they are still lying about the dot regulations. There are no such things mandatinng any fees

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Well at least they are telling people although they are still lying about the dot regulations. There are no such things mandatinng any fees
    Exactly! They are liars.
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Saw a mention of it on a Facebook reloading group, and for whatever reasons, the Expansion website has been turned off with only an under construction page at the front. Wondering if they are really reworking, or if their reputation finally caught up to them?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast