Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: .41 Magnum / 41 Special Load Data Center

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41 006.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	129.3 KB 
ID:	140574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41 009.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	132.4 KB 
ID:	140576

Here are my GP100s

Boolit Master
    Very Nice ! Your blued one is what I am looking for to send to Mr. Clements. Already got my brass, jus need the gun!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    Well I think I have been derailed. I went on a GP100 search today and found a Taurus 425 TI tracker in 41Mag. They want 700$ for it !!!! Anybody have any specific feedback on the 4inch TI tracker before I blow too much money there?
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    I have a few .41 mags .They are among my favorite revolvers for accuracy..
    My favorite powders for cast bullets are 2400 and Vit N110 .
    For jacketed I use 296.
    Wish I could buy about ten pounds of N110 and that is what I would use.

Boolit Master

I use these for my 41 plinkers, anywhere from 3-5.0 grs of Bullseye.

If you're fond of full wadcutters for paper punching as I am. Consider this a warning!! The Lyman HBWC for 41 below on the right. Was by far the most aggravating mold and casting sessions I ever had. If you find one of the long discontinued molds and don't take my advice. Be forewarned to be out of hearing distance from women and children.

Below are my 41's. I want to add a 6 inch Model 57 to my collection. Hopefully I will find a young kid that has just inherited dad or grandpa's 6 inch and is desperately looking to trade it for a Tupperware Wonder Nine. I also have a 41 mag Ruger Blackhawk on my wish list.

Years ago, about 87 or 88. I had a blue Ruger Redhawk 41 with a 5 1/2 barrel. I lost it to a thief. It would out-shoot my 8 3/8 S&W with jacketed but was mediocre at best with home cast.

That Lyman hollow base is an absolute booger to get to fill out!

Most of "The Family" (.416 Taylor and Marlin 1894 Cowboy missing)

One of my favorite pictures, Opening Day 2009 with my Dad
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? (Sgt. Oddball, KELLY'S HEROES)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    my feedback thread
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post

That Lyman hollow base is an absolute booger to get to fill out!
    You are way to kind "absolute booger" is an extreme understatement!! "Most miserable *** Lyman ever devised" are my feelings.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by chuckbuster View Post
    Most of "The Family" (.416 Taylor and Marlin 1894 Cowboy missing)

One of my favorite pictures, Opening Day 2009 with my Dad
    Your dad looks like Jimmy Carter!!

Lyman 410610 215 grain SWC GC 2 cavity (presently in the missing sock dimension)

SAECO #415 220gr TCGC 2 cavity
    Belle, Belle, Belle!
    Purty Gu-ur-url!

Cast Boolits Owner

One of my all time favorite cartridges which qualifies this a sticky.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master

Now we are in a sweet spot! I love the .41 mag! I have S&W's in 3" Lew Horton, 5", 6" and 6.5" also a contender in 10 and 16.5 and one marlin. I have found that the Saeco KT SWC is the most accurate bullet I case, my 275 LBT is very close. I load with 2400 and H100 data powders. I will never be without a .41 mag!

Quote Originally Posted by azrednek View Post
    Your dad looks like Jimmy Carter!!
    I sure hope he does not hear you say that (Dad, not the other guy). You could end up doing the .41Mag Shuffle Boogie....
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? (Sgt. Oddball, KELLY'S HEROES)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    my feedback thread
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

Boolit Master
    I sure hope he does not hear you say that (Dad, not the other guy). You could end up doing the .41Mag Shuffle Boogie....

Boolit Master

Guess its a good thing I didn't mention the other guy looking like Jimmy's brother Billy. I'd be doing the 41 cal Twist, Charleston and Fox Trot ballerina!!

Boolit Master

I just purchased a Lyman 412174 mold from a fella in Pennsylvania, couple days ago. Anxious to get it and try it out in my 57. Been wanting this mold for years. Hope it shoots as good as it looks.

Post The .41 Caliber Experience

http://ps-2.kev009.com/ohlandl/310/4...xperience.html

My reference page for using my (impatiently awaited!) 23" .41 Rem Mag Contender barrel.
    Belle, Belle, Belle!
    Purty Gu-ur-url!

Boolit Master
    love the pictures-- will have to join in-- shot my 6'' DWA with a 2x trophy scope -- 17.5 of AA#9 gave 5 in one long hole and one to one side at 50 yards- 1.5''- mv was 1324 rain ruined the target will have to do it again and again- very constant load// boolit was water quenched WW Saeco 4 cav mold -.411 230gr. Keith
    tried only 1 for mv 208 cast hp 1452fps same charge of AA#9 temp was about 80 degrees chrony from 12 feet from start screen I have pulled up my log book and will see what is sharable from there

Love my .41's. Got my first in 1968, Old Model Ruger Blackhawk. S&W M-57 in 1979,and a Desert Eagle in 1988. Still have and shoot all three on a regular basis. The Desert Eagle is fed 210 grain Sierra JHC's over 21 grains of 296, 2" groups at 50 yards all day long. The Ruger and the Smith like to eat Lyman #41032 or #410610 over 8 to 10 grains of Unique. Very accurate. Never owned a .44 nor do I have anything against the .44. Just like the .41 better, and they make the .357 seem "cute".

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rking22 View Post
    Well I think I have been derailed. I went on a GP100 search today and found a Taurus 425 TI tracker in 41Mag. They want 700$ for it !!!! Anybody have any specific feedback on the 4inch TI tracker before I blow too much money there?

...and what would you like to know?? I have a 4" and a 6" and they are great shooters. Also have one of the 4" stainless guns I have not gotten around to shooting yet.

Recoil with loads under 1000 fps are very manageable. I use 8.0 grains of Unique or 7.0 grain of Winchester 231 with 200-230 grain cast or jacketed bullets and accuracy is much better than the Smith & Wesson Airlite guns.

A real shame they are not made any more. One of my friends in Idaho bought one last year and loves his also...

Bob

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast