Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading Everything
WidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 125253545556575859606162
Results 1,221 to 1,228 of 1228

Thread: .41 Magnum / 41 Special Load Data Center

Boolit Master
    ...and Mr. Hillbilly...what kind of .41s do you have??

Boolit Buddy
    Another powder that really performs well in the 41 magnum is SR 4756 . It's been discontinued for years , sad to say . I have over 10#'s so will be putting it to good use I understand that it gave stellar performance in the 38 super and 40 S&W as well . Another powder that I have a sizeable stock of is IMR 7625 . Again sadly discontinued years ago . It also has found great favor in revolver calibers for me , starting with 38 spl and stopping with 45 Colt . Regards Paul

Boolit Buddy
    Longshot is another very nice powder for the 210-215 gr. SWCs. Very accurate and shootable in the 1050-1100 fps range.

Boolit Master
    IMR SR-4756...the powder for .38-44 loads...

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by black mamba View Post
    Longshot is another very nice powder for the 210-215 gr. SWCs. Very accurate and shootable in the 1050-1100 fps range.
    Were your loads in magnum brass or special?

I have an order of 220 cutting edge solids coming & Longshot is one of the Powders I plan to work some tests with. Actually going to give those bullets a go in special brass myself. Longshot is very new to me though, so starting right from scratch with it. Just curious what kind of charges you (or anyone) is using in their 41's with Longshot.

I've shot lead my whole life til this point, but started playing with a few jacketed bullets just so I've got data logged. I don't know what's going on abroad, but this winter tire shops here have been forced away from lead via govt "bs" in order to be more environmentally friendly ... I figure, should the day come that things turn completely like California, at least I'll have data ready to go on copper bullets.

I intend to settle on something in the 1100-1200fps range. See what happens.

Boolit Buddy
    All my loads are in magnum brass. If my powder charge is less than 50% of capacity I usually deep seat the bullets over the shoulder or the ogive, depending on the bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by azrednek View Post
    You are way to kind "absolute booger" is an extreme understatement!! "Most miserable *** Lyman ever devised" are my feelings.
    That mold is so tempting to get altered by removing metal to make the lube grooves shallow and to make the plug adjustable depth.

Changing the nose to accept gas checks wouldn't hurt either.
    I ended up not changing it just because it's old and some how bordering on sacred.

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 125253545556575859606162