RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline FabricationLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Passed up a nice one today....

Boolit Buddy
    Yesterday I was at our local Hardware Store/Gun Shop and handled four 94's in .32 Win Special. Three were pre 64's and one was a post 64. The pre 64's were priced at $469.00 and the post 64 was priced at $299.00. Here in NE PA, the .32 Win Special must have been quite popular as this LGS seems to always have several on the shelves for sale. Also saw an older Model 64 take down deluxe in .32 Win Special but the price was $1499.00.

358 Win

Boolit Grand Master

Prices, selection and preferences seem to vary quite a bit from region to region.
    No pics tonight, phone and netbook still fighting.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Let's see if I can pull this off.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1 (4).JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	143.8 KB 
ID:	138317Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2 (2).JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	138318
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Wow! That IS a straight grain stock...very nice! That is one good looking rifle.

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks, Buddy. Have one spot that needs some OOOO steel wool and cold blue but she is indeed a looker. I'll try some dummy loads tomorrow to see what she likes and hopefully shoot her Sunday.
    I wish folks wouldn't live guns like her lying around, kinda hard on the budget, lol.

Boolit Grand Master

Saw a few nice Marlins yesterday, not going back after any of them, tho. One I had to fondle was an older 50's-60's 1895G (I think) in 45-70 but it had MG rifling. Latest 32 Spl was a big hit at show & tell @ the range yesterday. Didn't shoot it; still tweaking the load and I neglected to install a receiver sight so it will have to wait.

Boolit Buddy
    "Also saw an older Model 64 take down deluxe in .32 Win Special but the price was $1499.00."

You should have got it. You would own the only Model 64 ever made in takedown.
    yooper

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    "Also saw an older Model 64 take down deluxe in .32 Win Special but the price was $1499.00."

You should have got it. You would own the only Model 64 ever made in takedown.
    yooper
    Possibly a custom? A Cody letter might shed some light but I've heard of some pretty unusual things coming from Winchester in the early part of the last century.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12