Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLoad DataWidenersRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I shouldnt be tempted but: 10ga semi...and slugs?

In Remembrance

I shouldnt be tempted but: 10ga semi...and slugs?

I find myself staring at this WTS:
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/g...automatic.html

and thinking, "I wonder what 10ga slugs we can load up?" and other sinful thoughts like:

i bet the guys on CB (here) can help me?

how much pressure can this take?

any hardcast fullbore 10ga slugs out there?

Oh, temptation....

C-
    "...the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984, Orwell added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we fear will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we desire will ruin us. This book is about the possibility that Huxley, not Orwell, was right.” -N.Postman

C-,

If you buy that auto-scatter gun I will fix you up on 10ga HB slugs.

BB

In Remembrance

Retro Santana!!!
    "...the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984, Orwell added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we fear will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we desire will ruin us. This book is about the possibility that Huxley, not Orwell, was right.” -N.Postman

Boolit Master

C, you were right to begin with.....you shouldn't be tempted! Take a cold shower and think 20 ga. instead!

In Remembrance

I know, I know.
    But 18-pellet 00 buckshot! How cool is that?!?!?!

back to reality: so much more has been done w the 12ga that there really is no need fo the 10ga in my arsenal. And besides the 18-pellet buckshot load, we can already get 2oz 12ga hot, and mega heavy slugs.

So, bikerbeans, how heavy are those 10ga slugs??? oooo, and i bet we can get a ole lotta tungsten shot in a 10ga...

Ahhhhh! there I go again!

I'm hopeless.

C-

ps. obviously, i dont actually think bikerbeans is the devil. In case anyone wondered.

Boolit Master

That 10 gauge is gonna leave a mark, and I don't mean on the target!

My 10ga HB slugs weigh about 740 grains.

BB

Boolit Master

I loaded and shot quite a few .69 conical musket bullets in my 870 rifled barrel. These ran around 750 grains.
    Although the accuracy was very bad, the attention getting effect was very good. Enjoy.
    Jack

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejack View Post
    That 10 gauge is gonna leave a mark, and I don't mean on the target!
    Wrong again !

I've owned a pair of the Ithaca MAG-10's , a Browning BPS 10 and a Remington SP-10 and none of the four buggered me up with factory buckshot or slug loads . Or the 2 1/4 ounce turkey loads for that matter .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Last guy I saw shooting a 10 ga. was a biologist in Fl. . He was shooting out of a boat and they guys were lying down til the ducks came in then setup and shoot. After the 4 days of shooting he could not move his right arm, removed his shirt and he was bruised BIG TIME!!
    CD
    When you find you are in deep trouble, look straight ahead,keep your mouth shut, and say nothing.

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards

Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master

leeggen just corroborated what I said, and he didn't even get paid!

Shoot a 3.5 inch 12ga turkey load out a H&R pardner single shot with synthetic stock set and after that a 10ga will seem like 410.

BB

In Remembrance

6pt, you are NOT helping!

"Hello. My name is cpileri and I'm a recoil-a-holic."

Boolit Mold
    Hey hey!! Easy on the 410 ... that's my current fetish .. I'm loading some BPI 410 light game slugs with a single 0000 buck ball in 3 inch shells which are supposed to do 2850 fps! I haven't tried them out yet but itchin' to ditch work tomorrow and see how they shoot.

Wm

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbeans View Post
    Shoot a 3.5 inch 12ga turkey load out a H&R pardner single shot with synthetic stock set and after that a 10ga will seem like 410.

BB

C-

Did you buy it?

BB

Boolit Master

Handled my son's sxs Churchill by Kassnar 10 ga with 32" barrels yesterday, the dang thing must weigh 15 lbs, think it needs wheels....but then again, it doesn't kick so bad with all that weight....There I'm out of the closet. Did shoot a doe about 60 yds with it one time and there were 00s from head to tail in that poor girl. But that was 10 yrs ago and I haven't shot it since. Maybe it did kick a little!

In Remembrance

no, I read that the mag-10 had feed issues, so I am leery. although its down to 700$ now which makes it almost reasonable!

In Remembrance

now a solid 10ga double I might go for.

Boolit Buddy
    Carl, maybe a 3 Oz Slug in the MAG-10 for You? I have a 1200 Grain Slug from a 12 Bore Rifle that was Given to Me. Apparently it was used for some African Game. Since I'm pushing 1043Grains in the 12GA, 1200+ shouldn't be too much with proper Powder selection. Tungsten Shot would be good too, but really$$$. Maybe a 10 Ga Sabot round using my 1043 Slug patched or wrapped in PE sheet.
    Greg
    AKA 12 Bore

Boolit Master

I was reading another thread about casting with zinc. Seemed like some small minds were more interested in telling you why it wouldn't work and a few thoughtful casters with experience telling why not only would it work but why it may be beneficial. Since full bore slugs seem the quickest path to shotgun accuracy, just wondering if some of these bruising 12 ga full bore slugs might be cast from zinc - no leading and ?? 30% ?? lighter reducing the charge and accompanying recoil? Since there are some sharp guys reading this thread, wonder if that's worth a conversation...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast