WidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan ReloadingLoad DataRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who are you related to?

Boolit Master

My Grandmother was first cousin to Roald Engelbregt Gravning Amundsen, the first man to reach both the North and then South Pole
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Love reading all of this, Want to thank everyone that has posted. Keep it coming!!

OeldeWolf

I also had a Grandfather that fought at the Kings Mountain Battle his name was Capt. Henry Whitener or Wiener as he may had been know at that time.

Boolit Master

Jefferson Davis, through the women in the family, directly up to his older brother. At least according to my mother, not arguing that one. The family story is that Jefferson was a lazy man, living off of his older brothers money and property (my direct relation).

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Jefferson Davis, through the women in the family, directly up to his older brother. At least according to my mother, not arguing that one. The family story is that Jefferson was a lazy man, living off of his older brothers money and property (my direct relation).
    I would hope that you emulate this fine upstanding individual and are living a life of leisure too...

Boolit Master
    My grandmother's first cousins were Homer and Langley Collyer.
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Quote Originally Posted by sundog View Post
    My grandmother's first cousins were Homer and Langley Collyer.
    Thanks for posting, That was new to me and very interesting. Maybe a reason to stash 22 lr LOL

Boolit Bub
    Ok folks here it goes : my kinfolk inhabited the area of North America called Tecas/Mexico , these people called themselves the RARAMURRI, but we call them Tarahumara Indians. I remember when I was a youngster we went to visit a lady named. "LUZ", who I was told was Pancho Villas widow, in Chihuahua, Mexico. I had kinfolk who ran alcohol during Prohibition, and ran guns and ammo to Mexico during the revolution . One in particular managed to give the Texas Rangers heartburn because they could never catch him hauling illicit liquor. Seems he knew the Big Bend area like the back of his hand , and his stud horse would run a hole in the wind. Names escape me,however......

Boolit Grand Master
    unfortunately I am not related to anyone of any significance in history
    however if I looked back a couple of generations I could find some that were
    in the mix with all the greats of the day
    probably traded with the French and the English back in the day
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    My dad who has passed on was a bit of a rounder if you know what I mean. There's no telling who I might be kin to!

I miss him greatly!
    Some people live and learn but I mostly just live

Boolit Master

Only two that I can know of.

Emil Truog who developed the inexpensive soil test that was used for about 70 years until computers(etc) replaced it.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emil_T...Soil_Scientist

The other one was the last dictator in central European country. He's still alive and out of prison now.

We all have are good and bad relatives. Like I said in a earlier post I have one that was a St. Louis Madam, One a Gun Fighter and drunk ( Jonny Ringo) Bandits Frank and Jesse James not to mention Woodson Hite. I also had one or two law man and a lot of Preachers in the family. One Old gun fighter for hire that rode with the Bold Knobbers in MO. around Springfield. Got kill by a bounty hunter that shot him in the head in view of his wife in children during a Forth of July picnick. He rode for both the North and South during the war and later deserted went by the name of Wash Middleton

Family tradition says we had people on Noah's boat.

Boolit Buddy

My cousin is Mary Costa, former Disney star and opera performer. Granddaughter is Kelsea Ballerini, up coming country songwriter and singer. CR

Quote Originally Posted by OeldeWolf View Post
    Most of my father's family were Native Americans, but had a few notables on my mom's side. I am a 43rd cousin to Daniel Boone, through his sister Hanna.
    Daniel Boone's sister is buried in a cemetery near here. Can't remember if it was Hanna or another sister. I found the grave while out geocaching.
    If grasshoppers carried .45's the birds wouldnt mess with them.

Boolit Buddy
    My mother is into the family tree really deep and tells me that I'm a distant relative to Richard Petty.

Boolit Bub
    Down in the Antarctic there's a sea and seal named after one of my ancestors, also Clark Gable is in my family's lineage.

Boolit Master

I had a couple of female cousins who were close to their grandmother on their moms side. Their grandmother claimed "royal" blood in her family. They spent around $500 (this was in the 1960s when $500 would be a very nice late model used car) on a search of church records in Germany. The lineage went back with names and sometimes addresses of people to the 1650s. They stopped looking with the name of a lady, father unknown and the address of a brothel linked to tax records

Yes Sir, you never know what you will found out. I have always said I am related by name. Just think about how many women have had children by some other man, yet the child was given the family name. With all the wars etc while their husbands were away, by a afair or maybe already expecting by another when they were married. Makes you wonder. A DNA test would be needed to be for sure just who a person is really related to. Still we know we are all related if we go back far enough.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by brstevns View Post
    Yes Sir, you never know what you will found out. I have always said I am related by name. Just think about how many women have had children by some other man, yet the child was given the family name. With all the wars etc while their husbands were away, by a afair or maybe already expecting by another when they were married. Makes you wonder. A DNA test would be needed to be for sure just who a person is really related to. Still we know we are all related if we go back far enough.
    A young gentleman went out in the world to meet the lady of his dreams, a lady who he would be able to make his wife.
    After a few days he found a charming young lady that was his hearts desire. He brought her home to meet his parents and after supper his father took him aside and said "you kaint marry her, she is your half sister!" so the romance ended.
    This pattern continued with every girl the young gentleman brought home.
    Finally his mother asked him "Why do you bring home very charming ladies but you never settle on one to be your wife?"
    The young gentleman explained that his father claimed all were his half sister.
    His mother snorted and said "you marry who ever you want to , he ain't your father...."

Every man knows who is mother is.....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast