Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionWideners
Reloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: my tom cat loves my home made banana pudding.

Perm-Banned

my tom cat loves my home made banana pudding.

he is nuts for it, what treats does your cat like?

Vendor Sponsor

We had two cats they both craved venison. One would gently claw your hand and pull it to her mouth when you feed her deer meat off your plate. She would eat cooked onions, carrots, cooked greens.

The other one liked raw green veggies, and knew the sound of the cellophane wrap on the lettuce, boy that would send her running for the kitchen meowing until you gave her some fresh lettuce. She would pick out the just right green leaves and eat them, and wouldn't eat the others. Often she would get her one claw in the sink drain to fish out that just right little shred of lettuce that was stuck there from washing up veggies for a salad.. Silly cats..
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    My male cat loves Cool Whip, cream cheese icing (he will practically mug you for the icing on the carrot cake!) and banana pudding as well. Girl cat is a veggie lover,...... goes wild for diced up cherry tomatoes, asparagus tips, lima beans and blackeye peas.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master

Mine loves pumpkin puree right out of the can!
    Gun control is not about guns.

Boolit Grand Master
    Mine likes Nacho cheese doritos and peanuts

Moderator Emeritus

Anything chicken... I get the feed me that now stare as I eat...

Green olives and the juice

Popcorn.

Perm-Banned
    i love reading these, never knew cats ate all those things. my mother had one years ago that ate corn on the cob.

In Remembrance

One of our 5 yr. old cats begs us several times a day for us to hold an ice cube for him to lick down to our fingers holding it.Robert

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    Bacon, Pumpkin or Squash & any bread product, sock fuzz & threads ( not particular of what type or color) & mineral Oil!
    Got to love them!
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Moderator Emeritus

oh yeah, my hair... Tigger vacuums up any that falls on the floor and he will chew on my pony tail!

Boolit Master

Just make sure your cats don't get anything with onion or garlic in it, it don't take much to make them sick and any significant amount can easily kill them!

Hey Mary how is Tigger doing these days?

Moderator Emeritus

Skin and bones but still kicking... vet is clueless as to what is wrong. Friend thinks old age just hit him fast, he was a big cat and they can age quickly. Still spoiling him as much as I can.

Perm-Banned
    my daughters tom made 19 and 1/2 years old. he was the smartest and at times meanest cat i ever saw. but he loved my daughter and she loved him. he never lost a cat fight and helped her grow up. dogs walked way around him.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Skin and bones but still kicking... vet is clueless as to what is wrong. Friend thinks old age just hit him fast, he was a big cat and they can age quickly. Still spoiling him as much as I can.
    Our indoor cat (11 years old) went into a downhill weight loss..rapid and unexplained...he was active, ate like a horse and no other symptoms...turns out it was a hyper thyroid condition that is very common in "mature" cats....we had 3 options..first was to just let "nature take it's course" but it would have led to his shorter life...second was to give him a pill to counteract the hyperthyroidism but that pill was an absolute every day kind of thing and he's not a pill taker and that would have been impossible...third was to have him treated with radioactive isotopes where they inject the isotope and it kills the thyroid problem...cure rate is over 90%...but it is expensive. There is also surgery but our vet said it's not a good option and the results are poor so we didn't even consider that.

We figured we would do something rather than just letting him waste away ....we looked at the hassle with the pills and also the cost...we opted for the radiation treatment...he went in for about 4 days and after it was done we had to follow some strict rules as he was radioactive and needed to be isolated and cared for...

So glad we did the radiation...it's been a year..he's been gaining weight steadily and is about to the weigh he was a couple of years ago..very healthy and happy and we think it was the right decision...costly and lots of work for a month after but well worth it all.

Here is a link to some information:

http://animalendocrine.blogspot.com/...m-in-cats.html

Boolit Grand Master

We have a black, skinny, big eared , little fellow that likes to eat raw chopped GARLIC ! When I'm chopping it up for a dish I have to race to get more in the pot than he he can eat. That's just weird!
    Gary

Moderator Emeritus

He was tested for thyroid and it came back normal... all metabolic tests are normal.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by opos View Post
    Green olives and the juice
    Yeah, My tuxedo cat too, what's with that ?

She also likes tomato type sauces, will lick any plate clean that had a saucy tomato dish on it. Also Raw Squash and Watermelon...will lick and lick and lick. and then will eat leftover cooked squash.

My other cat, a Calico-tiger blend has NO special likes...unless you count grasshoppers. When She is in the garden with me (only time she is outside) She'll catch hoppers, then play with them til they are near dead, then eat 'em...crazy !
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Moderator Emeritus

Tigger is an olive eater too, plays with them for awhile then munches them down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast