RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: my tom cat loves my home made banana pudding.

we have four inside that loves raw chicken thighs.... we had one who would go crazy for steamed asparagus, with cantaloup being a close second favorite
    If God had intended us to not eat animals, He wouldn't have made them out of meat."

John Cleese

Perm-Banned
    made a big batch of home made lemon lime pudding. our inside tom finished a bowl i just had and licked the bowl clean. i dont know what it is about home made pudding but it seems any flavor will do him.

Boolit Master
    I made an Easter pie last night and had a rewarmed slice tonight for dinner. My cat went bonkers for the crust. Go figure.

Boolit Mold
    We are up to five cats now (don't even ask me how that happened....lol). Three of them don't have much interest in human food. One of them is absolutely nuts about deli meat, but picky. She loves it fresh, but if it's been in the fridge for more than a couple of days, she turns her nose up at it. Then there's the cat that we inherited from my brother last year. Craziest cat I've ever seen. I've nicknamed him puppy dog, because he follows us around the house wagging his tail and waiting for attention. He is absolutely nuts about any kind of human food, but his favorites are yogurt and strong flavored cheeses. They're a ton of fun and I really love having them as part of our family.

Perm-Banned
    i could read a book on cats people have owned, i guess im a cat lover. our two out side cats eat mostly mice, i have several raised beds in the garden and they have a favorite one they take their mice into and then eat them their. their are dozens and dozens of mouse parts in that raised bed. by the way has the rest of the country had a mouse problem this year? the high plains from south dak to denver went nuts with mice this year. they can keep traps and poison in any of the stores. doesnt make any difference if you have a old house or a brand new one, mice are a problem in the high plains this year.in 18 years in this house we never had a mouse but his year along with every one else its been a problem. tom cat poision and stickys gets them quick. our tom got a couple in the house also. the outside is full of them also, the cats cant keep up.

Moderator Emeritus

Mice haven't been real bad at my house this year, about the normal. Buy people have dumped off at least 5 cats that are outdoor only who hang around and keep the population down.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    I have lived in my home for over 42 years without ever seeing a mouse till this winter.

Mouse traps got 9 so far this winter.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master
    we had a cat that would chew and eat shoestrings! we couldn't leave shoes out, if they had shoestrings. that cat did not stay with us for long, he had other annoying traits, and I did not like cats as well as I do now. we gave him away to a good family. we had another cat that simply loved plastic bags. if you left a grocery bag out, she would quietly make her way to the bag and start munching. she, too, had problems wyth hyperthyroidism, we went the daily tablet way. I would crush the tablet and mix it in with her food, which my wife made up for her, mostly raw liver, and chicken. she did not seem to care for venison, which I was glad about that.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    We have a black, skinny, big eared , little fellow that likes to eat raw chopped GARLIC ! When I'm chopping it up for a dish I have to race to get more in the pot than he he can eat. That's just weird!
    Gary

There's always got to be one in every crowd , garlic will kill a cat and it don't take a lot to do it

https://www.petinsurance.com/healthz...-and-Pets.aspx

http://www.banfield.com/pet-health-r...-dogs-and-cats

https://thepetauthority.wordpress.co...toxic-to-pets/

Garlic, and to a somewhat lesser extent onion, is much more toxic to cats than dogs but it can kill either!

Boolit Buddy
    My cat, Jamie, is 21 1/2 years old and still acts like a kitten. she loves anything that I have on my plate. but may God help me if I bring out the yogurt. then it's the stern look with the claws gently (with heavy intimidation) on my leg. it's that "give it up, now" look. but I love her. had her since she was 10 weeks old. God Bless to all and theirs. (kitties especially) Goofy aka Godfrey
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Perm-Banned
    21 and 1/2 years old, your doing something right. my daughters cat made 19 and 1/2. the smartest and orneriest cat i ever saw. our jiggs and little girl made it through our spring blizzard, came out from under a out building after 2 days wet and hungry.

Boolit Master
    we have 9 indoor cats. they eat anything. pasta hot or cold, pancakes, waffles, the fat off baked ham will even clean the bone.

we have one kitten that small sickly . one night the wife gave her rice with butter and salt. ate it all two weeks of that and she filled out and got active.

Boolit Man
    We have 3 and they all really prefer "kitty treats" of some kind. Rattle the bag of Kitty Temptations and they come running. They eat turkey breast and sometimes other kinds of human foods but really seem to like canned catfood and factory made cat treats over any of our fare. Now the dogs are another story.....

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by johnson1942 View Post
    our jiggs and little girl made it through our spring blizzard, came out from under a out building after 2 days wet and hungry.
    Cats can't take nearly as much cold as dogs but they are quite adept at finding shelter, if they can find a place to curl up out of the wind they can stand sub-freezing temperatures. The big difference between dogs and cats in cold weather is that dogs don't seem to mind at all and in fact most seem to enjoy it but for cats it's a constant battle for survival, while most of the time they can survive ok they are usually quite miserable if the temperatures dip into single digits and lower. We have 16 cats here on the farm with two of them approaching twenty years old, the older ones get put up in my heated work shop while the others have a little "kitty condo" we built for them. Basically just a small shed divided in to cubicles by using cardboard boxes with a bunch of old blankets thrown over them and a little 115 volt cube heater underneath set to keep the temperature at around 40 to 45 degrees, the little buggers love it!

Moderator Emeritus

Mine are indoor only... all they know. Oreo is getting trained. He will come and sit then if you hold your hand out flat he reaches up with his paw to pull it down for pets. Tell him to ask nice. Or if you tap your chest he will put his feet on the chair and pat you on the chest to ask.

Boolit Master

Well, my cat loves steak. We cook our steak rare, and generally every Sunday night is Tbone night. Cat goes berserk for the nearly raw steak. He doesn't get much though.

Perm-Banned
    love the stories

Boolit Man
    The wife and I are big time cat and dog lovers. over the years we have had cats with varying personalities as well as tastes. I had one that loved angelfood cake and would climb you like a tree to get some.She also ate raw fish when she was young, as she got older it had to be cooked and in the end cut into small pieces. I had a pair of sisters who would not eat any human food.They loved to eat grasshoppers in the summer,and were superb hunters.The two we have currently seem to like tuna and little else human food related. We spoil the dogs and they usually get a small bite of whatever we are having or plate cleaning detail.

Moderator Emeritus

Tigger went nuts over angel food cake last week. He was never a human food eater until he got sick and lost all that weight, now he is nuts for almost raw beef(bites of my steak for example). Been giving him a scrambled egg in a buttered pan to try and get some weight back on him. Plus I can take the same dry food he has available all the time in the feeder and put it in a bowl and let him eat while on my lap and he gets far more food in. Has me wondering if my other cat has been bullying him away from the food bowl.

Perm-Banned
    they will do that mary b. we used to have a tom we called red, he hogged the cat food bowl. ive found over the years that the cats that were food hogs never lasted very long. they always seemed to eat something that did them in. the layed back cats last a lot longer. my neighbor is a vet and she said that the tuxedo cats are the strongest and last the longest. they sure are the nicest to look at.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast