Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything

Thread: Chipotle.

Boolit Master

Chipotle.

I purchased a small pack of Chipotle Jalapeno Dried Peppers from the Supermarket.Anxious to try them when I got home having read the label and not ever having tried them before I popped one in my mouth and chewed for a second.Help,I was on fire and nothing I did stopped the heat assailing my distressed mouth.I was expecting a pleasant nutty smoked flavour,instead it was if the Hobs of Hell had set up Camp on my tongue.I grow a few Jalapenos along with Cayenne and this year I have some Trinidad Scorpions starting.You Pepper officionados might know if the actual smoking concentrates the heat.I must say I was taken unawares by those Jalos,I can imagine they will go nicely in a cooked dish if used moderately.

Boolit Master

My wife would love them,she can eat he hottest pepper of any one.We go through a big jar of pickled jalapenos ever so often.I eat them but not like she does.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Master

Anytime a pepper starts a fire in your mouth, eat an orange or other citrus fruit. That will put the fire out!
    Gun control is not about guns.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by w5pv View Post
    My wife would love them,she can eat he hottest pepper of any one.We go through a big jar of pickled jalapenos ever so often.I eat them but not like she does.
    I have a deal for you & your wife.
    It's kinda like the lottery. And here's how it works.

I have 5 bottles of hot sauce, 2 fairly mild and 3 that are hot enough to drive the devil back into hell. Even the really hot stuff is good, if used one drop at a time.
    A couple or weeks ago my wife told me to move the bottles of hot sauce, I'd made last fall, out to the garage. I sat them by the back door to take out the next time I was going that way.

My daughter shows up with the grandsons, in no time at all they had the bottles out of the boxes and mixed them up (no labels on them) so, now I don't know which is which.
    If you want one or all of them I'll send them to you for the price of shipping.

Disclaimer;
    I will accept no responsibility for any stomach distress this hot sauce may have on anyone who consumes it.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I keep chipotle powder for seasoning. A little dab'll do ya!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Another observation,I found last year that the jalos grown outside in the dirt where milder than those grown in the greenhouse in best compost.Waksupi,is the powder from ground Jalapeno seeds or the pods.I like food with heat but sometimes I go over the top and ruin the meal.I can see that the powder when used as a condiment would be controllable.

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Col4570 View Post
    Another observation,I found last year that the jalos grown outside in the dirt where milder than those grown in the greenhouse in best compost.Waksupi,is the powder from ground Jalapeno seeds or the pods.I like food with heat but sometimes I go over the top and ruin the meal.I can see that the powder when used as a condiment would be controllable.
    This is from pods.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    I also like a little heat but have occasionally gone over the top. Bread and dairy are your friends here. Water (or beer) will just make the fire worse.
    "Investment" is the new "Throw money at it!"

Detectives, and Cobras, and Agents!
    Oh my!

In Remembrance

I like a bit of heat. My wife cries from peppers that I can detect no heat at all. I have planted jalepeno plants and TAM mild plants this year. We will see how this works out. TAM is for Texas A&M , a plant developed to produce mild peppers.

Banned

Them who made them TAM peppers must have been outcasts.

who ever heard of working on a pepper to make it MILD!

Perm-Banned
    my wife loves hot food. she has to travel out to kyle s.dak once in a while to see native patients. their is a small mexican place out their that makes the same as the food in mexico. the lady is from mexico and is married to a local native. my wife a while back had lunch their and was sitting their eating and tears was streaming down her face as she ate. the lady who does the cooking came over to my wife and said is their something wrong. my wife said no, it is sooooooo good. my wife didnt realize she looked like she was in deep distress and crying over it. my wife and our daughter can both take a lot of heat and im mean a lot. our son and i can barely take any at all. we get bad stomach cramps and it just isnt worth the distress. i also planted a real hot pepper plant in the house in a large pot. our tom cat ate the whole thing up one day and it didnt seem to bother him. i even had sprinkled hot pepper powder all over it so he wouldnt eat it but he did anyways. he must have a cast iorn stomach.

Anything with hi fat content will help "put the fire out" along with bread. Dairy helps due to the fat in it. Butter the bread. Don't drink water. My wife is from the Caribbean, thinks it is just about hot enough when it triggers an asthma attack....
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? (Sgt. Oddball, KELLY'S HEROES)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    my feedback thread
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

Moderator Emeritus

Hot is fine as long as it has good flavor, heat for the sake of heat is no good... had some ghost pepper sauce on a slice of pizza Friday night on the way home from surgery(sister was buying, I was hungry after 2 days of hospital food). Zero flavor and all heat, not worth it in my opinion.

Boolit Grand Master
    Chipotle peppers are ripe, bright red jalapeno's that are smoked.
    In my opinion, they have a superior flavor. It is hard to remove the membranes from dried chilies, but you can get some of the seeds. A lot of the heat is concentrated in the seeds and membranes.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Did you know you can incapacitate British Columbia, Alberta, and half of Saskatchewan, by simply taking a single habenaro to the west coast, and letting the fumes waft through the country side?
    That catchup is some spicy stuff, eh?

Boolit Master
    Pickled Jalapenos on a Steak sandwich are part way to heaven for me.I reconstituted some Chipotles with hot water and did the same,still hotter but very nice.Enough to knock out those you mentioned but I daren't.I have been to Alberta it was cold but the midges drove us crazy working outside.

Quote Originally Posted by DLCTEX View Post
    I like a bit of heat. My wife cries from peppers that I can detect no heat at all. I have planted jalepeno plants and TAM mild plants this year. We will see how this works out. TAM is for Texas A&M , a plant developed to produce mild peppers.

ummm hope you planted them far separated from the hotter varieties - they can and well cross pollinate , i've seen supposed hot peppers turn out mild and supposed mild bell peppers hotter than habaneros ( talk about an edumucation the hard way or at least to the feller that thought me bell peppers that year would be mild and ate one fresh in the garden :P )

the fat comment is quite correct at killing the heat , also cooking with carrot or celery ( even juices ) can also help knock heat down leaving more of the desired pepper flavor , using only dried peppers ( seeds and all ) i have a chili recipe i call 11 pepper chili ( i add numbers to that in accordance with fresh peppers i may, and often, add ) that is way wicked on taste but fairly low on the scoville scale
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

I thought this was going to be some kind of magic ingredient for bullet lube.

Boolit Master
    Made myself a nice chilly con carne,With ground Steak tomatoes, Tomato paste,Garlic, Red Beans(apologies Texans for the Beans).I added 1/2 a chipotle including the seeds.Arghhhh,It was Red Hot,I got a little way through it until I had to give up.I ended up with a Cheese Sandwich much to the wifes amusement.Those things are really fiery.I grew Jalapenos last year and have some plants shooting for this year.I ate quite a few and enjoyed them but these Chipotles have me wondering if perhaps another variety has been used to make the Chipotles.I would say that 1./2 the amount would make a decent Chillie with some bearable heat.