WidenersLoad DataRepackboxTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: Casting session with NOE 432-224-SWC PB

Boolit Buddy

Casting session with NOE 432-224-SWC PB

Finally got to casting with my 4-cavity aluminum 432-224 mold, which I got for my Bulldog from the group buy. Up to now I had been stuck with 240s, which are a little heavy for this mighty-mite. To the point, the mold performed magnificently; after a warm-up it dropped bullets with a bare tap to the hinge pin. The early brights dropped small (432) of course, the frosted measure right at .434, just about perfect as my cylinder throats measure .4332. Lead mixture was range scrap and a little tin, and a full 20 lb bottom pour pot yielded 392 keepers. Now to get to the range.......
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOE 225.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	213106

I love that early model Charter Arms Bulldog. Your bullets look good too and should work just fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    I realize it's been a couple of months since you posted... How do the shoot? What do they weigh with the rs+tin? What loads have you tried or liked? dying to know what you think! I'm looking at purchasing this mold.

Boolit Buddy
    nice looking bullets. I just got a MP close to that but with the cramer style pins. Hoping to have a load made up this weekend

Boolit Buddy
    Sadly, not yet. Took a bit for me to order a .431 sizing die and I just loaded up a box. The bullets came out to .432 after sizing, about perfect for the throats. Have a match this weekend, will get them shot next week.

Boolit Mold
    Just ordered Mine! If all goes well, will cast later this week and shoot them next week. Hope they come out looking as nice as yours.

Boolit Master
    I had one 40 years ago and like an idiot sold it to a guy I thought was a friend (he wasn't). My favorite load for running the river bottoms was 7.5 Unique and 250 Keith. Needless to say recoil was somewhat brisk. Need to get another one sometime.

Boolit Mold
    The weight of this bullet is what I am after. I have a 3" barrel 629 44 magnum. I intended to shoot 45 acp to 45 colt power levels most of the time. I don't feel the need to send 250-270 grains of lead down range with every shot for mostly steel shooting. Wanted something heavier than the 200RF. An actual weight of 225-235 strikes me as perfect. Besides a 44 cal version of the 453423 intrigues me.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnmike View Post
    Sadly, not yet. Took a bit for me to order a .431 sizing die and I just loaded up a box. The bullets came out to .432 after sizing, about perfect for the throats. Have a match this weekend, will get them shot next week.
    I FINALLY got out for a brief .44 session last week. I loaded up 50 rounds of the 225 NOE bullet over 4.5 of Bullseye and 20 over 6.0 of Unique. The Bullseye load proved most accurate under the 240 gr. bullet previously, shot over a rest. This time it proved up to the task, keeping the 25 rounds fired in the black of a 25 yd. center replacement pistol target at 7 yards, which is as good as I can do offhand. The 6.0 loads were pretty sporty, but within the black as well. I've got to get a set of Pachmyer grips for this beast; the checkered factory stocks made me quit after 35 total rounds. So....great mold for this revolver. Gonna have to run some through my Ruger .44 Lipseys Bisley next time.

Boolit Master
    There must have been a "group buy" several years ago that was a Lee 6 cavity marked 44-225-FN.

I was lucky enuf to snag this mould, used, from a board member here. I just love this design. It is basically the Lee 44-200-RNFP on steroids! It shoots and feeds well in both my Winnie 94's and my Rossi 92. I also load this one up with 7g of Trail Boss for my 329PD and Mdl 69 Smiths. Great boolit! Perhaps a search for one on the swapping and selling section might be worth while if anyone is looking for such a boolit.
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Boolit Buddy
    It was a NOE group but and they are now a stocking item.

Boolit Master
    Finnmike--But mine came in a Lee box, just like their other 6 cav moulds! Mine is definitely a Lee mould.
    Glad it is now a stocked mould with Al. I have several of his moulds and they are all top notch.--Shuz
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Boolit Mold
    It took a few casting sessions to accumulate a couple hundred decent boolits from my NOE 432-225 SWC. They weigh 228g from range scrap. Was looking for around 850 FPS From my 3" barrel 44 magnum. Chose to load a magnum case with 7.7g unique, then some with 6.3g WST. Unique avg. 834 FPS. I liked WST better. It averaged 807 FPS and gave me a 1" group that opened to 2" with a flyer albeit at a meager 30' shooting offhand. I then loaded 6.8g WST. Only gained 30 FPS. It was Just snappy enough the smooth wood grips shifted in my hand with every shot. Didn't bother to shoot for group. Have Loaded some with power pistol. Will test them this weekend.