Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: Need some suggestions on a night vision night scope

Moderator Emeritus

Need some suggestions on a night vision night scope

The hogs are eating us up and the traps are not working as well as they use to....so I need to get you input into a good night rifle scope to take care of them pesky hogs....Thanks for your 2 cents worth....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Not up on the night sights but you might try something we used to do to get hogs in the trap. We would dump used motor oil onto burlap bags and toss them inside the traps. For some reason the hogs want to wallow on the bags to get the oil on themselves, but it does work pretty well.
    CD
    When you find you are in deep trouble, look straight ahead,keep your mouth shut, and say nothing.

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards

Theodore Roosevelt

je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Bub
    I played around with one of these at a shop: http://www.atncorp.com/x-sight-night...le-scope-3-12x

Seemed to be solid for money and being able to use it day or night was nice. Biggest issue I see is the reticle is digital. There isn't really a way to adjust it for windage/elevation so you either have to kentucky it or keep within a range you know stays in the kill zone.

Boolit Mold
    http://youtu.be/rsFXhGoDnW0

Here is an idea for a trap. Several guys around here use them and they seem to work well.

Moderator Emeritus

project, I saw that trap a year ago....as far as I can determine they are not as yet for sale....and the good Lord only knows what it will cost.....I have used soured corn, strawberry, creosote, etc and we use a 10 cattle panel tear drop shapped trap with saloon doors....it works and we never kill hogs in the trap.....it is just they get trap wise and need to be moved.....I am just beginning to have hog problems in my backyard (less than 60 yds from the house) .... so far I have set cameras and am in the process of pattering the little critters....then it is on to the smoked tender loins and hams as posted the other day....thanks for the post....it seems to work but I suspect that cost will keep it from getting extensive use.....a 10 panel trap costs around $400.00.....in t-posts (41); 10 - 16' cattle panels, and gate.....
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan