WidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: Information needed

Boolit Master

Information needed

Hey guys I'm looking for some information about a battery charger. It is a Schumacher SB – 1052 manual model. Long story, but the power cord got ripped completely out of the case. I pulled it apart this morning and everything seems okay. I have a three wire grounded replacement cord. My problem is where did the leads attach. The switch itself has eight posts for the three different power settings.

Anyway, if you happen to have one and could pop the top off, take a picture and PM or email it to me, I would greatly appreciate it.

SS
    NRA Life Member Since 1981

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Grand Master
    I looked (google) and couldn't find an SB 1052. I did find an SE 1052 which is quite similar to the little lunch box sized 6/12V 2/10A charger I have.

The good news is I have changed the power cord, the bad news is the charger is in town at Mom's house right now. I will try to remember to pick it up this evening. As I recall one power lead goes directly to the transformer, while the other goes to the switch.

Any evidence of the connector being pulled from a terminal?

Robert

Boolit Master

Robert, I can't see any evidence of a spade terminal being pulled loose. The "SE – 1052" is correct. My speech recognition software swapped out a B for a capital E.

Thank you for your help. I truly appreciate it.

SS
    NRA Life Member Since 1981

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Grand Master
    SS,

I was wrong, my charger is a 6/12V 2/6 Amp, Model SE-82-6. The really good news is that the three position switch on front looks like yours, and it has eight posts on the back.

Looking at the rear (terminal side) of the switch ====, while the transformer has four plastic dual terminal holders across the top, with only five terminals, four of which are used.

The ac wire has the ground wire going to the case.
    The neutral wire going to the lower terminal second from the left
    The hot wire going to the transformer at the second dual holder from the left, left terminal.

That is probably clear as mud. The eight pin switch has only four wires attached to it, no wires are attached to terminals above or below each other.

Hope this helps, don't electrocute yourself,

Robert

PM sent.