Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morphodite Loadings!

Sharpsman

Morphodite Loadings!

For the life of me its hard to understand why some folks want to come on this site which is BLACK POWDER PAPER PATCHING and post krap reference trying to paper patch using smokeless powder with morphodite bullets and cartridges not designed for paper patching in the first place! Possibly, in these posters minds, maybe their thinking is that if enough effort is made that their 'rifles' will eventually evolve into Sharps or other rifles from the period in which paper patching came about!! I really am not interested in reading your clap-trap on this site so it would be appreciated if you'd take your info over to the proper site!!

Boolit Master

And you are the authority on what?
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Chill out. This is a learning site. If you don't like it, leave.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Grand Master

There is alot of experience here as to paper patching and loading them for long range accuracy. Thats the reasons they post there questions here is they are coming to what they consider the most knowledgable ad experienced for info. Most arnt willing to buy a custom mould dedicated to paper patched bullets with out testing trying them out first. There questions here should be a sense of pride that we are thought of in such esteem from these individuals.

Sharpsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    And you are the authority on what?
    My OWN OPINION!!

How's that work for you??

Boolit Master

It's good to have an opinion.
    I express mine all the time.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Lets say some one on this thread is very close to violating the T.O.S. and may need to rethink the attitude he "seems" to have.
    Moderating is a responsibility not a privilege, abuse your power and you lose, no matter how powerful you may think you are.

Boolit Master
    I'm guessing that the guy on the other thread doesn't know that there is a smokeless paper patching sub-forum here.

Quote Originally Posted by fishhawk View Post
    Lets say some one on this thread is very close to violating the T.O.S. and may need to rethink the attitude he "seems" to have.
    fishhawk.

You as a Mod should know what smokeless patching starts on this black powder Forum.
    The forum heading is : Black Powder Paper Patching.
    The Mod should relocate a post like this to the proper place so this does not start.

Do with me as you wish If you think that I'm out of line.

Kurt

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Heaven forbid, anyone would ever go off-topic on Cast Boolits!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    Pretty good example of what happens sometimes when someone brings a 6 year old thread back to life... So far on that one nobody has come back with a totally different response than when they posted on it the first time....
    Take a chill RM it's an old thread that will probably disappear for another 5 years, unless Dave or Bill or somebody says hmmmmmm and posts up their results. I might even check with ol Doc and see if he got that slick block for the 38-55, and we can see what Olde Eynsford will do for the 38-92 bn express..
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Sharpsman

Chill out

Don

You, as well as I know and have seen hundreds and hundreds of postings asking how do I do this or how do I get to this point whereby countless experienced guys will take the time to give a concerted effort/reply to someone in great detail and after all that, the OP finely comes back and says "Well....I'm going to do it this way" instead of going by proven info from very reliable guys that have been around this game probably before some of the OP were even born!! And for THAT reason....many guys have just said "To hell with it" and don't post! Wherever you and I may be in the world of BPCR....we didn't arrive at whatever point by not listening and applying the advice given freely to us by those with more experience than we had! When I come to this site aka BLACK POWDER PAPER PATCHING I am expecting to find postings reference those individuals interested in just what the title suggest and not some item concerning the use of SP using a bullet not designed to be paper patched in the first place!! I do this game out of the love of tradition and of the rifles that were designed for shooting blackpowder and I assume that's the reason you and many of the guys that come here for also and IMO there are certain subjects that belong on another forum!

Hope you get some rain!

Yup, but as this thing is 6 years old it ain't worth getting worked up about, besides ol Doc is still grinning about those blackpowder loads we shot thru his Old Faithful, and I'll about bet when he gets that mould for his Ballard, Ol Faithful is gonna breath fire and confetti. And I'll be sure to let folks know how it turns out..
    Yup we need rain bad, this is heading for a worse drought than we had in 12 and 13.

I started shooting BPCR rifles about 40 years ago. I got out of it, when I started seeing arrogant attitude show up. Lots of other old timers did, too. Very poor representation of the shooting sports.

Rick that's a shame you let some of the special folks run you off. There's a bunch of us normal folk that just have a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lead pot View Post
    fishhawk.

You as a Mod should know what smokeless patching starts on this black powder Forum.
    The forum heading is : Black Powder Paper Patching.
    The Mod should relocate a post like this to the proper place so this does not start.

Do with me as you wish If you think that I'm out of line.

Kurt
    As said many times there is no way for moderators to read every post on this site. There are now over 2.5 million posts on cast boolits. If some one reads a post they feel is in the wrong place and needs to be moved let a moderator know we are not mind readers (although some may think we are) with out coming on the board with a attitude and a bunch of chest thumping and know it all stance.
    Moderating is a responsibility not a privilege, abuse your power and you lose, no matter how powerful you may think you are.

In Remembrance
    Jackson County, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory
    Good reading; http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raction-system
    It only takes one bad apple to ruin the whole barrel.
    Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund
    Freud

I would also suggest that sometimes (make that quite often) how things look/sound on an internet discussion, may not necessarily be the way should the same discussion happen in the real world.
    I will say right here and now, that having had the pleasure of meeting Sharpsman, having spotted for him during a match, and having spent many phone conversations with him, that the way he sometimes comes across on the internet is quite far removed from the good ol boy he really is..
    He's an old fella well into his 70's that while in the Armed Forces as a young man was able to practice the craft of fine rifle shooting, and having won many a national title, and set records before many of us here were born, there is quite a bit that can be learned from him,, just have to forgive the grumpy ol curmudgeon that comes across once in awhile.

Boolit Master
    I guess, maybe I have mellowed a bit. One has to consider that this forum is the one that pops up on a Google search on PP the most? Hence it is felt by many to be the leading authority on the subject. So we get those questions that seem pretty silly to the old hands. I think it is our responsibility to steer these posts to the correct forum, by contacting the Mods or list owner. I know where Rick stands, and I often agree with him. Then again scaring or pushing newbe PP shooters off is doing our sport a huge disservice. I do chuckle at some of the more goofy ones, but how does one learn and where does one go to learn?

KW

That is a good point. Why not go to people with the most experience on a topic, regardless of which firearm is being used? No sense in re-inventing the wheel.
    The only BPCR shoots I go to at all anymore are invitationals run by old timers, as they also didn't like some of the attitude of newer competitors. It is an absolute hoot to shoot with people like Ted Thompkins and Bobby Giles. You are usually laughing so much it's hard to get off a good shot!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast