RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morphodite Loadings!

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by fishhawk View Post
    As said many times there is no way for moderators to read every post on this site. There are now over 2.5 million posts on cast boolits. If some one reads a post they feel is in the wrong place and needs to be moved let a moderator know ...
    Considering how quickly I have had posts deleted, received infraction notices, and actually been banned after saying something 'questionable', I always figured you Mods are reading our stuff almost as fast as we post it.

Beyond that, in every case I can remember where there was any objection to a 'smokeless' subject in a 'black' section, the question was always settled by a Mod telling the 'black' people to back off (like now).
    After an altercation over 'black' versus 'substitutes', one Mod even authored a new thread titled 'I love Pyrodex' just to needle the 'purists' ... then made it a sticky so it could be 'enjoyed' for a year or two.

You are saying we should 'let a moderator know'.
    I have always refrained from that, thinking it was like telling you how to do your job ... and therefore kinda insulting to you.
    But, if you want us to hit the Mod button, that's what we'll do.

(then we will see if any 'offending thread' actually goes home)

CM
    Last edited by montana_charlie; 04-14-2015 at 12:11 PM.
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    That is a good point. Why not go to people with the most experience on a topic, regardless of which firearm is being used? No sense in re-inventing the wheel.
    The only BPCR shoots I go to at all anymore are invitationals run by old timers, as they also didn't like some of the attitude of newer competitors. It is an absolute hoot to shoot with people like Ted Thompkins and Bobby Giles. You are usually laughing so much it's hard to get off a good shot!
    You want to shoot a lousy score cuz your sides hurt from holding in the giggles, you ought to be on the line with Jimbo and Kenny when they get wound up and to going...
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Sharpsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Don McDowell View Post
    I would also suggest that sometimes (make that quite often) how things look/sound on an internet discussion, may not necessarily be the way should the same discussion happen in the real world.
    I will say right here and now, that having had the pleasure of meeting Sharpsman, having spotted for him during a match, and having spent many phone conversations with him, that the way he sometimes comes across on the internet is quite far removed from the good ol boy he really is..
    He's an old fella well into his 70's that while in the Armed Forces as a young man was able to practice the craft of fine rifle shooting, and having won many a national title, and set records before many of us here were born, there is quite a bit that can be learned from him,, just have to forgive the grumpy ol curmudgeon that comes across once in awhile.
    Don

"national title"

Never won a National title....but I won many a match!

I admit to being a High Master Curmudgeon!!

I could of sworn I saw your name on a list from several years back some sort of national title/record.. oh well just take me out and shoot me for providing bad info.

Quote Originally Posted by oneokie View Post
    Good reading; http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raction-system
    It only takes one bad apple to ruin the whole barrel.
    Even bad apples have good in them.

Just squeeze a rotten apple laying on the ground and taste the Cider you squeeze out.

Sharpsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Don McDowell View Post
    I could of sworn I saw your name on a list from several years back some sort of national title/record.. oh well just take me out and shoot me for providing bad info.
    IMO a 'National Title' means winning over someone like David Tubb, Carl Bernosky, or Middleton Tompkins and I never could quite put that together! I didn't get to train like those guys because my *** was always glued to the seat of an Ag aircraft! Business first....play later was what Dad taught me! I did win five state HP championships though! Best one was the Texas State Highpowder Championship. The wind was my friend that day....because I walked off with every trophy they gave away!! Wish I could go back and do it all over again!! Let me inject something into this right now though aka there's one helluva big difference betwixt hitting the X ring with a .30 caliber bullet and being able to stick a heavy .45 caliber all-lead cast bullet starting out at maybe 1350 fps! Anyone wishing to learn how to 'remotely' read flags and mirage.....only need to take up LR BPCR shooting to get a dose of humble pie!!
    Last edited by Sharpsman; 04-14-2015 at 04:10 PM.

Anyone wishing to learn how to 'remotely' read flags and mirage.....only need to take up LR BPCR shooting to get a dose of humble pie!!
    No truer words ever spoken..

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    I started shooting BPCR rifles about 40 years ago. I got out of it, when I started seeing arrogant attitude show up. Lots of other old timers did, too. Very poor representation of the shooting sports.
    Ah yes, such as obliviousness to a far-off continent firing black powder without external hammers...

I can't say any online claptrap has ever done me any harm, but if it did, it would probably be due to lacking the fine instinct to recognize claptrap when I saw it. It is true that we see a lot of inquiries by people who want to paper-patch rounds with an undesirably short neck or fast rifling twist for that purpose. Or who want to fill up an undesirable amount of bullet diameter with paper, when the smallest space we can get four layers of paper into is highly desirable. But asking does us no harm, and black powder is often where the greatest knowledge of this particular technology is to be found.

Yes, the conventions of board usage often require us to express our opinions in moderate ways. Like I did.

Boolit Grand Master

Threads like this disgust me.
    One man uses a contained pressure chamber to launch a bit of lead through a piece of paper that never threatened nor did him any harm, and looks down on another man who does the same thing with a different diameter, propellant, twist rate, meathod of dimpling a primer, or jacket material.
    There is only one word that properly describes someone who spends exorbitant amounts of money and time to pursue what others are doing for a fraction of the cost, and refuses to interact with said individuals, nor allow them to keep company when they find themselves within the range of comunication with the former individual:
    Elitist.

I have considered educating myself in the diciplines of BPCR shooting, but I have yet to fill a brass case with black powder because I fear I may find myself in the company of, or perhaps be counted among, members such as these, which would be a shame too great for me to bear.
    Fortunately, I find I have a lot of company with those who share my observation and sentiments.

I have better things to do with my time than to spend even five minutes reading posts in a forum that honors such base attitudes.......but I'll make an exception this time.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

What Tim said
    The 3 people a man must be able to trust completely are his gunsmith his doctor & his preacher ..,his gunsmith for his short term health ,his doctor for long term health ,and his preacher incase one of the others mess up.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by goodsteel View Post
    Threads like this disgust me.
    One man uses a contained pressure chamber to launch a bit of lead through a piece of paper that never threatened nor did him any harm, and looks down on another man who does the same thing with a different diameter, propellant, twist rate, meathod of dimpling a primer, or jacket material.
    There is only one word that properly describes someone who spends exorbitant amounts of money and time to pursue what others are doing for a fraction of the cost, and refuses to interact with said individuals, nor allow them to keep company when they find themselves within the range of comunication with the former individual:
    Elitist.

I have considered educating myself in the diciplines of BPCR shooting, but I have yet to fill a brass case with black powder because I fear I may find myself in the company of, or perhaps be counted among, members such as these, which would be a shame too great for me to bear.
    Fortunately, I find I have a lot of company with those who share my observation and sentiments.

I have better things to do with my time than to spend even five minutes reading posts in a forum that honors such base attitudes.......but I'll make an exception this time.
    It appears that you have no problem in telling members to move out of a section that isn't proper for their discussion ... and you certainly don't hesitate to tell them to move out when their subject firearm is one that displeases you.

Quote Originally Posted by goodsteel View Post
    May I humbly suggest the righteous defenders of the holy AR note what section of the forum you are posting in?
    I personally do not care for the AR platform or the underhanded way Springfield armory was thrown under the buss to make way for a civilian designed rifle that was almost reliable enough to be used in jungle combat. Therefore, my rifle of choice is the M14/M1A.

This is a forum dedicated to the single shot rifle, and that's what the OP started this thread about. Why has it been derailed and dragged through the mud by his brothers in arms?
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post3189721
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Well looks like this is going no place other than down and down time to end this it's locked.
    Moderating is a responsibility not a privilege, abuse your power and you lose, no matter how powerful you may think you are.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12