MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders JerkyWideners
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Quarter Arizona Shoot - Please post if interested in participating

I haven't made the final call yet, but at a minimum I will likely take some 22lr (rifle and pistols as these are my daughter's favorite), Ruger American in .243, AR-15 (my son loves to burn through ammo in that), and 9mm pistol.

T/C Contender in .357 Herret (if I can get any loads done neck is giving me fits) and also my .17hmr barrel. I will also have my Ruger American Predator in .308, but I don't have any cast for it. Looking at a 200gr load using 5744 and maybe some others if I can.
    GRANDPARENTS AGAINST RETINOBLASTOMA, BECAUSE NO CHILD SHOULD HAVE CANCER

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    My friend and his wife are bringing something for dessert!

banger

In Remembrance
    Good thing I didn't commit myself to going. Yesterday it did nothing but rain, and rain hard. I kept hearing high rev's from ATV'S and a vehicle of some sort. This was at 4:30am and when the clouds and rain moved for a better view out the front window, I saw a Jeep 4x4 stuck just off the dirt road and that poor little ATV trying with all its might trying to free it from the mud.

I don't care what you own out here, when it rains the mud just sticks to your tires, so the tread on whatever tires you have just get loaded up within 10' of traveling this road. We have a water tank that catches rain water, it's 1,500gal and it's almost full, maybe another 100gal and it'll over flow.

Looks like today will be almost the same, more rain coming right at us. The nice thing about the rain is the temp never got over 68 yesterday.

And they never did get that Jeep unstuck, it's still out there about a mile in front of the house. The only way to free it on your own is to wait till it dries out some..
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Lived in Wyoming for a decade one year. Talk about mud! Wyoming is Indian for Wy = mud oming = more mud. OMG!

Our 4WD Jeep Wagoneer + chains and I were able to get thur 1+ feet of mud and 10" of snow in the winter. Saw dozens of normal cars & small trucks stuck in the mud while I just drove by with a SE grin on my face! (remember.....you can go ANYWHERE if you drive a pick-um-up truck?!?!?! Yea.....riiiiiiiight!)

banger

Mark is going to pick up the buns and will give directions when we arrive at Jim Jones range
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Buddy

If any wants they can message me or text me and I will get you sqaured away on directions. My cell is 630-732-2455. Just mention the shoot in text thanks

After a hectic work week the ammo is finally loaded. I skipped the range session last week for final testing, just couldn't get out of bed before it was too hot for me so what I loaded will have to do. I got the targets, range bag is ready, truck has gas, got the chips and salsa, and the trophy. I think thats it....if there is anything else I will check in here before heading out in the morning. See ya'all in Payson!

az-jim
    "You believe these people exist to provide you with position, I believe your position exists to provide these people with FREEDOM"

FREEEEEEEEDOMM-William Wallace

Boolit Buddy

No guns or ammo loaded have to feed horses, water, muck, last few minute things, grab some hay from feed store all in AM oh and find some toys to shoot. Been a long week. But good times comming tomorrow. Maybe I'll finally find where last of my 44 mag realods are. Craving shooting my 44.
    Last edited by Dhammer; 07-11-2015 at 02:08 AM.

I can bring up some 44 ammo I have a little on hand
    je suis charlie

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

In case anyone forgot from last time

Jim Jones Shooting Range

The Range is open to the Public every Saturday 9am to 5pm (weather permitting). Range Safety Officer are on duty to assist all shooting with training, firearm checks and Sight-in. There is a $5.00 Fee for all people over 18 years of age.
    je suis charlie

Boolit Buddy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150711_102807560.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	144330

Boolit Buddy

Name:	IMG_20150711_124932898.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	144332

Name:	IMG_20150711_124944797.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	144333Click image for larger version. 

ID:	144333Click image for larger version. 

ID:	144333

Some nice looking pictures there - I had a good time - hope you all did as well.
    je suis charlie

Boolit Buddy

Thank you all for comming. A special thanks to Art for the meat. Great lunch. Of course those 44's too!!!!! The specials were a pleasure to shoot.

Mark, thanks again for having us and thanks to Art for you guys putting this together. The wife and I enjoyed it, looking fwd to the next one, schedule permitting.

az-jim
    "You believe these people exist to provide you with position, I believe your position exists to provide these people with FREEDOM"

Thanks to all for a great time, special thanks to the Host, his Cook and the Butcher!

My son earned the "tag yourself with a scope" badge today.https://youtu.be/kXun0zMmwsI
    GRANDPARENTS AGAINST RETINOBLASTOMA, BECAUSE NO CHILD SHOULD HAVE CANCER

The hard earned lessons of shooting - but I didn't see any blood on Tofu,
    so only 1st class badge not Master class.

je suis charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsnscrews View Post
    Thanks to all for a great time, special thanks to the Host, his Cook and the Butcher!

My son earned the "tag yourself with a scope" badge today.https://youtu.be/kXun0zMmwsI
    I will have to find my video of me shooting a contender with a 14" barrel in 45-70, 350grain hp factory ammo. It didn't get me but it was damn close.

Hmmm, if you can't find it I can break out my contender with 14" .45-70 barrel
    je suis charlie

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast