MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee Precision
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Black Powder 44-40 WCF

Boolit Bub
    Randy

Can you tell me what sights you have on your rifle , I have an order in (backorder) with MVA for one of the 130 series sights , would like to now which you have, and also which front sight you are using .
    thanks

Joe

Gentlemen, I tossed about 20 .44/40 cases and some .357 cases that I loaded with black, into the washing machine, secured in a small calico sample bag, well tied off, with a load of my jeans , work shirts and sox, interesting to see how they clean up. The war office insisted I use the front loader that I wash saddle blankets in !!
    Keep yor hoss well shod an' yo powda dry !

Joe C ,

I am using MVA sight # 134 and I have a # 130 , get one with windage adjustments. The 130 is elevation only and have found some tang sight screw holes we’re not perfectly aligned and moving the front sight looks terrible. The 133 and 134 are the same with elevation screw either on top or bottom,get the top lead elevation screw,mine #134 doesn’t lay down forward as nicely when desired. Both have just enough elevation on a pistol grip stock ,you lose some elevation with a P/G stock vs straight stock. They are good to 200M maybe a bit more. The upside to MVA is I have their Buffalo L/R and a Mid range soule sights if I need more,unlikely with the 44-40 WCF for my purposes.
    I have used all of their front sights and have many on many rifles I have come to prefer their #115/116 front sights lower profile and a cleaner look,the #111 has a clip on top and hangs up on everything cloth.
    Note, I also use their Hadley eye cup, it makes a huge difference in any given light,I-have both the regular and the “Magnum” enough $ difference between the two the “Magnum” doesn’t offer enough additional hole sizes to benefit the 44-40 WCF.
    Last edited by Randy Bohannon; 07-26-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by heelerau View Post
    Gentlemen, I tossed about 20 .44/40 cases and some .357 cases that I loaded with black, into the washing machine, secured in a small calico sample bag, well tied off, with a load of my jeans , work shirts and sox, interesting to see how they clean up. The war office insisted I use the front loader that I wash saddle blankets in !!
    Well it does not work to badly, and did not mess up the other washing. Now drying them in the oven at low temp.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by heelerau View Post
    Well it does not work to badly, and did not mess up the other washing. Now drying them in the oven at low temp.
    There is a distinct possibility the war office lady might be smarter than you thought

Indian Joe, no argument on that point !!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123