RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Realizing your getting older

Realizing your getting older

This last year my age has really started to hit home. I've always believed you are as young as you feel but it seems like all the celebrities I grew up with have been dropping like flies this last year...................

Boolit Grand Master

Well, I would really like to know where the last 35 or 40 years went! I grew up in rural western N.Y., and graduated with a class of 31. As of today, only 3 have died. My wife grew up in South Ga, and graduated with a class of over 225. About 40 percent of her classmates have died. Seems like she gets notice of another one or two about every month. Don't know if that means any thing but I find it interesting. At 76 and retired, I find I can do pretty much what I want as long as my health holds out, and not being greedy, that's about all I can hope for.
    1Shirt
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Buddy

Don't recall where I read that: Life is like a roll of toilet tissue. The closer you get to the end of the roll, the quicker it disappears!
    Faster Horses, Younger Women, Older Whiskey, More Money! Tom T. Hall.

Boolit Grand Master

My Dad once said, all the friends he grew up with, and most of those he worked with, had gone on to their rewards. Had God forgotten about him?
    I'm beginning to feel the same way.

Boolit Master

I work at an Air Museum, and most of the 300+ volunteers are over 60, so I have lost several chums over the past 13 years. And at 80, I'm grinnin' the Grim Reaper down...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Grand Master
    its been said getting old is not for sissy's
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master

I have been retired for 12 years and they have been the busiest and quickest of my life.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

I don't have time to feel old. Guess the bees are keeping Me arthueritis free an still moving (sometimes in a hurry to get away).
    God Bless
    Stay Safe

Charles Steen

Le Loup Solitaire
    Somebody once said that,"the trouble with youth is that it is wasted on the young". LLS

The 1st thing to go is your memory, after that I forget.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The meetings will continue until we find out why we can't get anything done around here. NRA Life Member, Illinois State Rifle Assoc., Chillicothe Sportsmans Club.

Boolit Master

My father in law used to say " I don't know what happened to my golden years. They're tarnished." He did live to be 86 though. Good guy.
    Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Mold
    No, it's not memory that goes first, it's usually little dickie.
    Mine used to stand and watch me shave, now it mostly just watches me put on my socks.
    After that is when the memory goes.😁

Boolit Master
    Getting old beats the alternative. One wants to remember these are the "metallic years" as in silver in our hair, if we have any hair, gold in our mouths and lead in our b&&ts. When I stopped to think about it I realized that the end of this month I'll have been retired 16 years. My where has the time gone.
    BIG OR SMALL I LIKE THEM ALL, 577 TO 22 HORNET.

Boolit Master

This last winter and being sick a lot has made this spring much harder to get things going, seems I wear out a whole lot faster than I did in the past. As to age, well if I hang in there like most of my family I will have another 30 years to drive folks nuts. Best part of growing old in my book
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master
    I was watching an ASE video on Youtube about O2 sensors and fuel trim. The instructor mentioned something about a dwell meter and did anybody in the class know what it was and there was dead silence. Then he asked if anybody knew about points in a distributor. There were crickets chirping this time. I was feeling real old about then.

Boolit Buddy

Haahaaa... A buddy of mine and I were having a conversation about points and condensers recently.. he said the kids where he works were clueless when he explained to them what they 'were'..

Spent the day crawling over my new to me old truck that wouldn't start this morning.. After 3 hours, replacing the plugs, wires, cap and rotor, climbing all about the truck to get to it all, I am feeling the pain. Could have done that twice and not felt it several years back..

In Remembrance
    Mounted all 10 new tires on the KW today, sure don't need anybody to tell me that I am on the downhill side. lol

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by captaint View Post
    My father in law used to say " I don't know what happened to my golden years. They're tarnished." He did live to be 86 though. Good guy.
    Had friend that said, "these are the golden years, YEAH it is for the doctors who get rich off us old people"

All of life is a head game that includes getting older. It is what we make of it. We lose family, friends and the ability to do what we did years ago. But, we also get freedom from the pressures of youth and it can be a very pleasant and rewarding time of life. For folks who cannot accept loss of any kind, it is a very difficult period of life.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Buddy
    And we have to set goals... I, for one, intend to outlive Jane Fonda. That's one grave I plan to desecrate no matter how long the line is...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast