Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
RepackboxSnyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Load Data

Thread: Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Stuffed With Jalapeno & Cream Cheese W@@T!

Vendor Sponsor

Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Stuffed With Jalapeno & Cream Cheese W@@T!

Just like the title says! Sorta pork roast, sorta jalapeno popper, sorta REALLY FREEKIN' GOOD!

Recipe (with lots more pics and really easy instructions):

http://www.porktenderloin.org/bacon-...-cream-cheese/
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Moderator Emeritus

Looks tasty, I have done it minus the bacon but will have to add it one of these times

Perm-Banned
    now your talking real food. the locals do that here with goose breast instead of beef but it is still the best. what you posted, a mexican beer and avocato dip and blue corn chips, does it get any better than that.

Moderator Emeritus

I have done it with the pork stuffed with Italian sausage and Parmesan cheese. Good stuff!

Perm-Banned
    ok, i want to thank both of you for both of your posts and replys. this morning i went to the store and got 4 red meat pork steaks. i layed two in the bottom of a pan. on top of them i piled a mixture of jalopeneo peppers and pepperoni and itallian cheese thick ground together. then i put the other two pork steaks on top of that. then over that i put 1/2 pound of bacon layered over the whole thing. baked it at 350 untill the bacon was done. then i drained the grease from the pan and covered the pan with two layers of tin foil to seal them in and put a cover over it all, air tight. then i put it back into the oven at 170 for all day. at a hour before supper i took it out of the oven and let it rest. my wife said, i dont know what you did but she went nuts for it. i loved it also, the best pork ive ever eaten. now the next time i do it im going to use a lot more peppers and even bring out more flavor of it all. thanks for the tip both of you, we have another winner in this house. im doing most of the cooking as my wife is back in school and working also. the bacon even tasted mixed in and every thing was blended so well, the tenderness was perfect. every one try this and tweek it to your taste. its a winner. johnson 1942

Vendor Sponsor

I did use a couple of things I neglected to mention. I coated the outside of the bacon with my rib rub when I put it on the grill. Mix together equal parts cayenne pepper, cinammon, and curry powder. This is great on any kind of pork.

Once done I glazed it with some tangy citrus BBQ glaze which is 1C orange juice, 1tbsp tart cherry juice (concentrate) and 1C tangy BBQ sauce, cook until thickened. This makes a KILLER basting sauce that is sorta sweet and sour but more of an OJ/BBQ flavor instead of a typical Chinese sweet and sour. Good stuff, try it!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Banned

does the cream cheese melt? do you have to let it cool before slicing because of it. I have one ready for the oven today. Just don't want to cut in and have everything running out on the plate.

Vendor Sponsor

Yeah Lloyd it melts, never looks like the "representative slice" they show in the menu photo. I let it sit for a while before slicing.

Boolit Buddy
    That looks tasty! I do something similar with a flattened chicken breast. Its an art to keep the cream cheese in.

Banned

thanks doug
    Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    Yeah Lloyd it melts, never looks like the "representative slice" they show in the menu photo. I let it sit for a while before slicing.

Boolit Master

Doug - I'm comin to dinner at your house when I deliver my Ruger cylinder to you. Then again when I pick it up. I suspect the 2 day drive each way will be worth it. Always enjoy and appreciate your food related posts
    Last edited by square butte; 04-10-2015 at 10:00 AM.
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Grand Master
    This is now in my recipe bookmark. It looks great.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Banned

left out the peppers because the wife wont eat them. Just stuffed it with cheese seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder and montreal steak seasoning. Wrapped it in bacon and covered it wit bbq sause and let it sit overnight in the fridge. baked it at 250 for 3 hours then under the broiler till the bacon got crispy. Everybody just loved it. Ive got to say that it was the best pork tenderloin ive ever done. Cant wait till all the snow is gone so I can try one in the smoker. thanks for this one. It will be a permanent recipe in this house

Boolit Buddy

Loyd up where you live it's a small window from when the snow is gone till when it starts again eh. lol. Beautiful country up there in da UP. I used to do a lot of sledding up there. Had a pal that lived in Cooks and we snowmobiled the whole UP from his place. jroc
    My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

spstocksandgrips.com

Texan Loadmaster Model T, Lyman All American Turret, Forster Co-Ax,

Banned

I was heavy into snowmobiling when I was younger. About every penny I had went into racing them in the winter. Probably one of the reason right now im on first name basis with my back surgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Loyd up where you live it's a small window from when the snow is gone till when it starts again eh. lol. Beautiful country up there in da UP. I used to do a lot of sledding up there. Had a pal that lived in Cooks and we snowmobiled the whole UP from his place. jroc

Banned

tonight is like the 3rd time ive done one of these. Everyone here thinks there just to die for!

I've done 3 of these also. 1 the first time, and 2 for Mother's Day when the whole famdamily was over. I soaked the loin in a brine overnight before cooking. I also put a couple cans of water over the heat to moisten the dry air in the grill. Thanks for the recipe. This is a favorite of everyone who has tried it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

If grasshoppers carried .45's the birds wouldnt mess with them.

Boolit Grand Master

Will give it a try this weekend. Looks outstanding.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 06-11-2015 at 12:02 AM.

Boolit Master
    I used to do a olive oil, kosher salt and pepper rub, then during the last 20 minutes in the BBQ coat the outside with a good quality orange marmalade.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Banned

wife doesn't like jalapenos so I have to leave those out. I use a loin that has been vacuum packed with Italian dressing and montreal steak seasoning. I butterfly it open and sprinkle onion powder and garlic powder over the inside and outside. I use bacon flavored cream cheese on the inside. Wrap in bacon. I don't tie it with string though as the bacon seems to stay just fine. Coat it with your favorite barbeque sause and I cheat and just throw it in the oven for 2 hours at 250 and one hour at 350. Id like to try this in the smoker but my smoker is to big to bother with for just one thing and im flat out of venison to smoke so maybe this fall. I know this has become the favorite meal of just about anyone that's tried it. Just add a good baked potato and some corn on the cob.