Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersRotoMetals2
Repackbox

Thread: Kel Tec PMR-30 and Questions...

Boolit Man

Kel Tec PMR-30 and Questions...

Ever since I saw one about a yr. ago, I have been on the hund. I finlly landed a Relatively new in the box. 15 rounds thru...it..... Now finding Ammo... if there are any helpful folks that could share, or point me in the right
    direction... and if anyone owns or has owned one I would like to know how it operated... for you and if there were any issues, or tricks for making it better.

Boolit Master
    22mag has been hard to come by. LGS near me got some in, not much, a brick, they broke it up into 50rd boxes to spread it around. I bought a box just to have some, dont have anything in 22mag. Friend worked at gun range, they had one of the PMR30s in the case, but never saw it fired for lack of ammo.

Boolit Master

I'm in the same boat, but reversed. Can't find a pmr-30 for the life of me but have the ammo for it. I bought a 22mag marlin before the last panic and happened to be piling up ammo for it when everything hit.

Boolit Buddy

I got one a little over a year ago. It took awhile to break in, but one day it started to shoot great. I put a Burris Fast Fire on it and shoot ground squirrels all day long

Boolit Man

Rich,... I got mine for 430.00 local post,... but I do know that Gunbroker has a bunch, listed and the price is finally starting to
    come down..... they are in the mid 5's to upper 4's.... it is a sweet piece of machinery... very light even with 30 in it... i did score a couple of hundred rounds.... but thats easy to burn up.... still looking ... if there is anything of value i can trade for some ammo...let me know.... .... Walla Walla 2... Id be interested to know how much you had to put thru it...and why ammo are you using,....the manual says it could be picky....

Boolit Buddy

I took a number of different manufacturer's bullet weight and style. I shot 10 shot groups and absolutely nothing worked well. I shot about 200 rounds. Returned the next day for more frustration, with the same samples. Groups started to shrink and continued to. Got more shells for the most improved. Settled on Winchester 40gr JHP. They shot from sand bags @ .75 inch/25 yards. That is as good as I can shake. All told it took about 300 to 400 shots and all of a sudden there was a vast improvement.

Boolit Man

Thats wild... you were on the original optics I assume. we have had nothing but continual rain and fog... for the past week, so Im hopefull to give this a real test in a day or two...... I did notice it cycled beautifully with a stiff wrist, and not a completely full mag... once the mag got down to 22-25 ish it did better.... did you get the same results.??

Boolit Buddy

Pretty much the same results. Remember it is a hi-bred action not just a .22 style but operates two different ways. Stiff wrist it as you would larger caliber self loaders.

Boolit Man

Got a PS to add.... I scored about 150 Hornaday 30 gr. from Sheels.... they worked the action great, and were accurate
    as all get out.... i had to put down an injured EWE.... and butcher.... did the joy excellantly....