Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: Rossi 45 Colt

Rossi 45 Colt

Bought myself a Rossi 45 Colt last night on Gunbroker. New in the box for $401. Can't buy'um that cheap here in Virginia. I have a lot of 452 cast bullets that I bought from Black Hills Reloader's Supply several years ago. I think they are remington cowboy stuff. Has a BHN of 11. More than I will ever shoot up in my Ruger Blackhawk. I wanted a 44 Mag but I got this one cheap enough.

Boolit Master
    I have a .45 Colt Rossi s/s carbine with a 20" oct' barrel which is great to shoot.
    It does however prefer .454 bullets. I hope mine is the exception to the rule and your stash of .452 pills work well in your new acquisition.
    ukrifleman

Banned

I shoot 452 in all three of my 45 rossi's.

if you got a Taurossi you may need the 454-455 diameter.
    Taurus has something against American cartridges and tends to take liberty's with barrel diameters and twist rates.

either way you'll never notice the difference between a 45 colt and a 44 mag lever gun.
    I use the same loads in both rounds, the same boolit shapes, etc.
    I just get to shoot a 10gr heavier boolit in the 45 colt.

Boolit Master
    The Rossi 45 Colt is a nice little lever. You will likely need to size to .454 as many are running at .452 or so. The 45 Colt Rossi I have has a .452 groove diameter and the chamber is generous. This one is more of light loaded 230 grain 45 Colt rifle for my wife so the brass doesn't expand so much. My 454 Casull Rossi on the other hand has a .4515 groove diameter and the chamber is close to spec. and it gets fed 454 Casull loads and Ruger Only 45 Colt loads all day.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    All my PC'd 45's shoot great from my Rossi Lever at 452. Darned accurate rifle.

The Black Hills cowboy 255 gr bullets are sized 454 ? I had not checked them before today.

Boolit Master

Congratulations on your purchase. Mine likes the .454 better than the .452.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Grand Master

Greetings
    Have two Rossi 45 Colts. The first is an old Interarms import. The second a pre safety Rossi. Both are fun to shoot and will hunt any east USA critter from bunnies with RB then up to 315 grains for any old pig or Black bear ( I am hoping) that will be found.
    I have not had any problems with cast at .454. I use Unique for up to 1200 fps then switch to 2400 for the stouter hunter loads.
    I do recommend you check out the interior for manufacturing "trash" and gunk. A nice clean action will work much better.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    Either .452" or .454" shoot in mine, but the .454" are a bit more accurate and leave no lead, while the .452" leave just a trace and the groups open up a bit. Still serviceable, but just not as good, so I size all mine to .454".
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

I bought a Lee 452-255RF mold and it is throwing 454 bullets. If that doesn't workout I will run them through a 452 sizer. I'm almost through cleaning up the action . Hope to get it to the range next week.

I got to shoot this little Rossi today. 255 gr. RF kicks like a mule !! Who would of thought it ?
    Shoots good though. Sized 454. Don't see any leading so far.

Rossi M-92's are easy to peep - I used peep sights meant for the Winchester 94 top-eject, and D/T the receiver for them.

Alternatively, if your Rossi has the bolt-top lawyer safety, there's a drop-in bolt peep sight available that replaces the safety switch.

www/stevesgunz.com